Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just wondering about the OL.
(06-14-2022, 04:19 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Wikipedia , NFL.com , pro football reference, and the official Bengals website have him listed at 6'6"   So maybe split it down the middle and agree at 6'6"     :)

He was measured at Combine at 6'5.75"
https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=15213
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 04:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He was measured at Combine at 6'5.75"
https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=15213

Okay so apparently NFL.com, Bengals official website is wrong then and he's 6'5" like you said since a website run by a Lions fan said so.     Also his draft draft profile has him at 6'6".  :)  

Anyway I only brought it up because you felt the need to be pedantic about it in response to the other person.  Seems to me given most sources  6'6" is the consensus.     :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 09:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: At least I scrolled to read other posts before firing this off...

Beat me to it, Pally.

FWIW, I will add that Pollack has coached La'el Collins before, and was his first offensive line coach in the NFL.  Dave Lapham has a great podcast on "In the Trenches" where he interviews Collins and asks about his relationship with Pollack.  Collins mentions him being his first real mentor as a line coach and how much he helped him understand not only his assignment, but everyone's assignment, which helps them play as a more cohesive unit.

I know that we all puckered a bit when Cappa had his "core deal", but I have been assured he will be fine by the time training camp rolls around.  So, think about this:  In the past, we would be so excited about the one FA addition the team made on the line to help fix the problem.  A year ago, it was The Great Barrier Reiff".  We thought the line would be awesome since now we had solid bookends.  That signing might have been what truly opened the door for drafting Chase.  

One guy.  Reiff.  We were SO EXCITED.

This year?  They signed a solid PFF ranked Center that can also grade out in the high 70s as a LG.  Position versatility.  Proven winner.  A veteran that represents a significant upgrade over Hopkins (to be fair, he was one tough SOB coming off his injury that quickly).   That's one.  

They signed a veteran RG that left Tom Brady and the Bucs to play with Joe Burrow and the Bengals.  A guy that played 1182 snaps at RG and allowed 32 pressures all season on a team that loves to air it out.  Oh, and he had ONE penalty.   That's two.

We got a guy rated better than Reiff and borderline ELITE at run blocking.  La'el Collins, the new RT.  For good measure, he is an LSU alum, which can never be a bad thing to have even more bayou Bengals on the squad. 

That's three massive upgrades.  In the past, we would be talking about what a difference the one guy could make, like Reiff a year ago.  Now our biggest concern is whether Carman can show the maturity and consistency to earn the LG spot.  If he doesn't, there are no less than three guys fighting to take it from him.  Nothing will be handed to him this season, although to be fair, it was XSF injury that forced him in to action early.

For comparison sake, look at the defensive line in 2020.  They added Reader and we were all excited.  He was injured and the line was awful.  In 2021, they added Hendrickson and Ogunjobi to that line and with a healthy Reader, they proved to be very good in 2021.  

I can see the offensive line taking a similar leap in 2022.  Given that Burrow was the PFF highest rated passer in the NFL in 2021, that should scare the ever loving crap out of the league. 
I would love to see Reiff re-signed to a reasonable figure.  IMHO the backup swing tackle is second only to backup QB in importance.  Should Jonah or LC go down, I do not get all warm and tingly at the thought of sending Isaiah Prince out there.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 04:46 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Okay so apparently NFL.com, Bengals official website is wrong then and he's 6'5".    As well has his NFL.com draft profile.  :)

Well sites like NFL.com don't do partial measurements like they do at the Combine, so they probably rounded up to 6'6" since he's 6' 5.75"
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 04:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well sites like NFL.com don't do partial measurements like they do at the Combine, so they probably rounded up to 6'6" since he's 6' 5.75"

Okay you are right, you win.  He's 6'5" and not 6'6" even though by your own posts he measures closer to 6'6" than 6'5" and every credible website lists him as 6'6".    Stupid thing to argue over anyway.   He could be 5'1" for all I care as long has he does his job well.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
a lot of love for Ted Karras. He sounds like a guy who may be out-talented by others but never outworked. And a loud vocal leader on the line is an underrated positive, especially for a line that is playing together for the first time

Zac: Ted will be a coach one day

JoeyB: He's a loud leader up front that you want out of your center. He 0is above and beyond what he expected

Media: they have talked about his intensity, his drive to do everything right, his attention to detail

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 07:37 PM)pally Wrote: a lot of love for Ted Karras.  He sounds like a guy who may be out-talented by others but never outworked.  And a loud vocal leader on the line is an underrated positive, especially for a line that is playing together for the first time

Zac:  Ted will be a coach one day

JoeyB: He's a loud leader up front that you want out of your center.  He 0is above and beyond what he expected

Media: they have talked about his intensity, his drive to do everything right, his attention to detail

He really sounds like a great addition. If we can just figure out LG.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 08:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He really sounds like a great addition. If we can just figure out LG.

Taylor instituted a lot more discovery on free agents and the draft.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2022, 01:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: For those who don't read the article - the analyst is predicting Burrow gets sacked 47 times in 2022. Could be because Burrow takes many sacks himself trying to make a play happen. Also, the analyst doesn't comment on it; it is a projections guide, full of fun predicted numbers and such. Just an entertainment piece, really. The link to the guide is below.

https://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/22/NFLDK2022_CS_ClayProjections2022.pdf

He has all the Bengals skill players producing less than last year. Except Higgins who has a whopping 40 more yards.

Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 10:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He has all the Bengals skill players producing less than last year. Except Higgins who has a whopping 40 more yards.

Mellow

Yet he has us ranked as the #5 offense in the league.

How is that possible?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 10:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yet he has us ranked as the #5 offense in the league.

How is that possible?

After a quick perusal, he has everyone producing less this year. I noticed he has Justin Herbert throwing for about 700 less yards.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote