Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justice League movie
So the second trailer dropped this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jV0c1yhksY

It gives us a glimpse at Darkseid's minions coming to find those cubes and Batman assembling the team. It's visually dark and seems to be everything fans said was wrong with Batman v Superman. Maybe it won't suck?

For anyone who missed the first one last summer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dKd5jNCKQM
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This one looks like DC may have finally got their shit together. Hell, they had me at Gal Gadot! Those legs are like lines of longitude.
Reply/Quote
they lost me when they went with the flash and arrow shows being non-canon. The shows do a decent job considering the budgets.

and I didn't get using dark knight as a launching point. I know it wasn't based directly on the comic, but for fans of it, dkr could have been an awesome fight. No need for the 15th rehashing and origin story.
Reply/Quote
It's DC....it will suck.
Reply/Quote
I don't like how their universe opened up. Yea, we don't need a Batman origin story. We know it. We don't even need a Superman origin, but we got it. It hadn't been as rehashed as Batman's so it's not so bad, but their first movie just introduces us to Superman and then the second opens with a well established and retired Batman with baggage. One with decades of untold stories, battles with the Joker, the death of Robin. Stories we won't get. We also get other characters thrown at us and a forced battle between Batman and Superman as well as a small alliance at the end that was built on their moms having the same name...

[Image: CpXdD-WUAAAk64P.jpg]

They're ignoring established TV franchises that are incredibly popular. Imagine if Marvel made a Thor show and then was like, egh nah we're going to have a new Thor for the movie or a Namor show and just decided to pretend like he doesn't exist in the same universe.

They're also so dark, both visually and content wise. Batman works dark, because we also get glimpses of hope. Superman doesn't work dark. This has always been a DC v Marvel thing. Marvel is so popular because you can relate to the characters more easily. I just think they're going about it all wrong in a way to not come off as copying Marvel. Dark over lighter. Start with the team first and then focus on individual films as opposed to individuals and then team.

Reply/Quote
DC does have the difficult task of following the MCU. That said, I see no reason why DC shouldn't be able to carve out a niche for themselves and do something good without being a carbon copy of Marvel.

I think that a dark (or darker in comparison) universe can work. However, these sorts of universes need to be set up. DC has been in constant catch up mode with their cinematic universe that everything seems forced. Hell, look at this Justice League film. When the Avengers came about, we had already seen 2 Iron Man standalones, Captain America, and Thor had one each, the Hulk too (albeit with a different actor) and Hawkeye and Black Widow  had their respective cameos.

DC had Man of Steel, and that's it. Then they tried to mash everything together. It will either take a while for the ball to get rolling, or Justice League will fall flat on its face and I don't know how many more of those DC can take.

A topic for another day is when super hero fatigue will start to weigh in. That and shared universes.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 05:41 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: DC does have the difficult task of following the MCU. That said, I see no reason why DC shouldn't be able to carve out a niche for themselves and do something good without being a carbon copy of Marvel.

I think that a dark (or darker in comparison) universe can work. However, these sorts of universes need to be set up. DC has been in constant catch up mode with their cinematic universe that everything seems forced. Hell, look at this Justice League film. When the Avengers came about, we had already seen 2 Iron Man standalones, Captain America, and Thor had one each, the Hulk too (albeit with a different actor) and Hawkeye and Black Widow  had their respective cameos.

DC had Man of Steel, and that's it. Then they tried to mash everything together. It will either take a while for the ball to get rolling, or Justice League will fall flat on its face and I don't know how many more of those DC can take.

A topic for another day is when super hero fatigue will start to weigh in. That and shared universes.

I feel ya about super hero fatigue, but Guardians 2 is about to drop like a nuclear bomb and I have heard that Thor: Ragnarok is about to be off the chain. Just what I heard. As far as The Justice League; it may blow, but his one looks to be better than anything else that they have put out thus far imo.

Even the trailer looked sucky for the previous one. This one looks somewhat better & you know, Gal Gadot!!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 02:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't like how their universe opened up. Yea, we don't need a Batman origin story. We know it. We don't even need a Superman origin, but we got it. It hadn't been as rehashed as Batman's so it's not so bad, but their first movie just introduces us to Superman and then the second opens with a well established and retired Batman with baggage. One with decades of untold stories, battles with the Joker, the death of Robin. Stories we won't get.  We also get other characters thrown at us and a forced battle between Batman and Superman as well as a small alliance at the end that was built on their moms having the same name...

[Image: CpXdD-WUAAAk64P.jpg]

They're ignoring established TV franchises that are incredibly popular. Imagine if Marvel made a Thor show and then was like, egh nah we're going to have a new Thor for the movie or a Namor show and just decided to pretend like he doesn't exist in the same universe.

They're also so dark, both visually and content wise. Batman works dark, because we also get glimpses of hope. Superman doesn't work dark. This has always been a DC v Marvel thing. Marvel is so popular because you can relate to the characters more easily. I just think they're going about it all wrong in a way to not come off as copying Marvel. Dark over lighter. Start with the team first and then focus on individual films as opposed to individuals and then team.

(03-28-2017, 05:41 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: DC does have the difficult task of following the MCU. That said, I see no reason why DC shouldn't be able to carve out a niche for themselves and do something good without being a carbon copy of Marvel.

the dark angle was part of what bothered me with the last superman. I thought they were just trying to distance themselves from the Christopher reeves films, but it didn't work for me.

as far as introducing characters and the universe, they could have done that by embracing the tv shows, which have done a good job at setting up concepts like multiple earths, time travel, super powers, magic, etc. What may take them half a movie to get people to buy into, they could have stretched over multiple episodes so some people would at least understand and explain.
Reply/Quote
these films generally look good with flashy graphics but the storys have all been real bad
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 06:34 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I feel ya about super hero fatigue, but Guardians 2 is about to drop like a nuclear bomb and I have heard that Thor: Ragnarok is about to be off the chain. Just what I heard. As far as The Justice League; it may blow, but his one looks to be better than anything else that they have put out thus far imo.

Even the trailer looked sucky for the previous one. This one looks somewhat better & you know, Gal Gadot!!

Don't forget Spider-Man in July. 

Second trailer dropped yesterday. It may have spoiled basically the whole movie, but it should be good. 

Reply/Quote