Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Herbert in 4th quarter
Nice thread chalk full of cool info.

This will be a dang good one.

I actually see the remaining 6 games as nail biters.
Reply/Quote
I think Herbert is an outstanding Quarterback.But Joe Burrow is outstanding also.The thing with Burrow is,that he reads defenses so well,and can process the information and decision making so fast.It’s like his brain has an A-12 Bionic processor.Burrows has played a little too aggressive at times this year,resulting in interceptions.
Some of those interceptions were the result of balls being tipped by the DL or WR.Not based on bad decision making.
Reply/Quote
Burrow has been better than Herbert this year. This isn’t a knock on Herbert, he is a fantastic QB but Burrow has stepped over him this season. Both are great, young QBs. Should be a fun game.
Reply/Quote
I guess we need to establish the run and hold the ball long to keep Herbert off the field.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Good news the Chargers run defense is shit and has given up the 3rd most rushing TDs. Make sure if up in the 4th to go with a heavy dose of Mixon and keep Herbert off the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 07:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Only 3 teams are better than the Chargers in 4th quarter scoring. The Bengals are one of those teams.

Funny Fred left that out....
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 07:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Herbert’s good but very overrated currently.  

Got a ton of praise last year, which was mainly deserving, but he’s currently still riding off that hype. Not many people watch the chargers, so when people say he’s great, most people just accept it and take it at face value

I've  caught a couple of Charger games. I'm not impressed. He's no better than Joe at this point... Makes the same mistakes Joe has... Their offense stalls worse than ours on a bad day too...
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 08:25 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: This game may come down to which QB makes the least mistakes.  As much as I support Burrow let's not forget he has been throwing a lot of INTs this year.  He has 12 so far (tied for 2nd most with Jackson) and Herbert is not far behind with 10.   I think the Bengals DBs  have not been playing great 100% of the time.  Apple has had a couple of good games the last few weeks so let's hope that continues.

When is that bum Trae Waynes suppose to come back... What a waste...
Reply/Quote
Austin Ekeler is the guy I'm worried about. The Bengals have had issues with receiving running backs this season and Ekeler is one of the best in the business. They really need to tackle well in space Sunday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 08:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  below are 3 QBs and stats this year, which one is overrated? I argue none, all are good with C having a outstanding year . 

3,230 yds, 26 tds  10 ints 96 rating
B. 2,835 yes 23 td 12 ints 102 rating
C. 2790 yes 22 tds 5 ints 96 rating

A. Herbert
B. Burrow
C. Wentz

A: #22 rushing offense / #29 scoring defense
B: #14 rushing offense / #6 scoring defense
C: #4 rushing offense / #20 scoring defense

It's hard to ignore the fact that the Chargers have a winning record almost exclusively on Herbert's arm. Burrow has a very stout scoring defense backing him up, Wentz has one of the best rushing attacks backing him up. Herbert has neither but he's still getting it done. That's why people talk him up so much.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 02:19 AM)Tony Wrote: When is that bum Trae Waynes suppose to come back... What a waste...

Yeah, although he's cooled off a bit over the past few weeks (sans the game winner week b4 last), Mike Williams vs Apple is concerning.  
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Justin Herbert leads the NFL in.  .  .  
4th quarter passing yards (1021)
4th quarter comebacks (5) 
4th quarter game winning drives (5) 
4th quarter total tds (9) tied with Patrick Mahommes

Hopefully it won't be close in the 4th quarter, but don't write off the Chargers too early.

So what you're saying, fred, is ...

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14033635]

The game's not over yet.

[Image: R.56a862223dfaf528ed3bfd481785849a?rik=i...1&sresct=1]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 08:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  below are 3 QBs and stats this year, which one is overrated? I argue none, all are good with C having a outstanding year . 

3,230 yds, 26 tds  10 ints 96 rating
B. 2,835 yes 23 td 12 ints 102 rating
C. 2790 yes 22 tds 5 ints 96 rating

A. Herbert
B. Burrow
C. Wentz

One thing to also look at for those stats is pass attempts.

Herbert - 438 (3rd overall)
Burrow - 339 (21st overall)
Wentz - 398 (8th overall)

Herbert has ~3 more games worth of passing attempts compared to Burrow, Wentz has about 2 more.

Burrow is currently averaging 8.36 yards per attempt. If he had 438 attempts, he'd potentially be around 3650 yards.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sounds like the Chargers are often behind in games late in the 4th quarter.

I’ve always been split on this, 4th quarter comeback stats are great and say a lot about the resolve of the QB…. But there are also QBs who don’t have these astronomical 4th quarter numbers because they are better at building leads before the 4th quarter. Tricky stuff.

Moral of the story for the Bengals, don’t keep it close, Chargers are good in crunch time.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 11:05 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Yeah, although he's cooled off a bit over the past few weeks (sans the game winner week b4 last), Mike Williams vs Apple is concerning.  

Yes too bad Waynes isnt back, we need a good corner with some height on Williams..Aplle has the Ht but still not sold on him being able to consistently perform well.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 11:34 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Sounds like the Chargers are often behind in games late in the 4th quarter.

I’ve always been split on this, 4th quarter comeback stats are great and say a lot about the resolve of the QB…. But there are also QBs who don’t have these astronomical 4th quarter numbers because they are better at building leads before the 4th quarter. Tricky stuff.

Moral of the story for the Bengals, don’t keep it close, Chargers are good in crunch time.

They probably count that Stealers game for them a 4th qtr comeback even though they were up by 17...
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Justin Herbert leads the NFL in.  .  .  
4th quarter passing yards (1021)
4th quarter comebacks (5) 
4th quarter game winning drives (5) 
4th quarter total tds (9) tied with Patrick Mahommes

Hopefully it won't be close in the 4th quarter, but don't write off the Chargers too early.

Chargers are a damn good team. More worried about this game than the rest other than clev. Playing the Chargers at home helps a little but I definitely wouldn’t take this team lightly at all.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hopefully it won't be close in the 4th quarter, but don't write off the Chargers too early.

It would be foolish to write them off. This is one of the best offenses the defense will play against so far this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 01:33 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Yes too bad Waynes isnt back, we need a good corner with some height on Williams..Aplle has the Ht but still not sold on him being able to consistently perform well.

At this point in the season, I'll take Apple over a rusty Waynes.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 03:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A: #22 rushing offense / #29 scoring defense
B: #14 rushing offense / #6 scoring defense
C: #4 rushing offense / #20 scoring defense

It's hard to ignore the fact that the Chargers have a winning record almost exclusively on Herbert's arm. Burrow has a very stout scoring defense backing him up, Wentz has one of the best rushing attacks backing him up. Herbert has neither but he's still getting it done. That's why people talk him up so much.

Yeah, the classic dismissal of one players accomplishment to prop up the one you like. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that both are playing well. Hell if Burrow has as little help on defense and the running game as Herbert, the fans around here would he screaming he should he mvp.
Reply/Quote