Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC-Fins
Let’s hope Pat keeps up his record of not playing an away playoff game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I believe if Miami loses and Detroit wins, Miami will own the playoff win drought.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 10:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I believe if Miami loses and Detroit wins, Miami will own the playoff win drought.

That is correct, and the Raiders are hot on the Dolphins heels.

And the longest playoff appearance drought?  At 13 seasons (just one season after beating our Carson-led team) it's the J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
So Dolphins with one win against a +.500 team? The other fraud that is Dallas.

Reply/Quote
Well that was fun. Tua looked terrible and the Chiefs throttled the Dolphins pretty soundly.
Reply/Quote
KC has scored with Rice in 2nd round, last half or so of season plus playoffs he became the #1 WR and performed well.
Reply/Quote
I refuse to pay for Amazon or now Peacock. The NFL is too greedy. I didn't pay for this, and looks of the score I didn't miss much. NFL already rapes taxpayers for new stadiums for super rich owners. Plus all the TV commercial money and merchandise sales. I say the NFL is getting too Greedy. Now to those who will pay to watch games on Amazon and Peacock, please then do not complain of grocery store prices. I'm just glad a Bengals play-off game hasn't been Pay Per View, but if that ever happens, I will refuse to watch it also. I draw the line and the NFL is getting too greedy. Now my brother is a Chiefs fan and it hurt him this game was on Peacock and he couldn't watch it. Me, it was easy for me not to watch this game. Now had it been Bengals I would have minded, but I still wouldn't go Pay Per View. To me, the NFL of stadiums built with taxpayer money is getting even more greedy going more and more to Pay Per View. I don't want NFL saying the charity work they do, because the truth is the NFL is raping taxpayers on stadiums while making Billions. It is NFL blackmail, and if city taxpayers don't build new stadiums, the NFL moves the teams, so the NFL is not so kind hearted and charity, but instead Greed.

I refused to pay to watch this game. If the NFL goes more and more to Pay Per View, I will just stop watching NFL. Hopefully so will many others and TV sponsors will demand their commercials to be on regular TV by NFL.

There really was no reason this play-off game not on a regular TV network, other than pure greed by the NFL I hope ratings were down thus causing TV sponsors upset at NFL on few seeing their commercials.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I wanted to say bye bye to the Chiefs. The Dolphins let me down.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 10:40 AM)kevin Wrote: I refuse to pay for Amazon or now Peacock. The NFL is too greedy. I didn't pay for this, and looks of the score I didn't miss much. NFL already rapes taxpayers for new stadiums for super rich owners. Plus all the TV commercial money and merchandise sales. I say the NFL is getting too Greedy. Now to those who will pay to watch games on Amazon and Peacock, please then do not complain of grocery store prices. I'm just glad a Bengals play-off game hasn't been Pay Per View, but if that ever happens, I will refuse to watch it also. I draw the line and the NFL is getting too greedy. Now my brother is a Chiefs fan and it hurt him this game was on Peacock and he couldn't watch it. Me, it was easy for me not to watch this game. Now had it been Bengals I would have minded, but I still wouldn't go Pay Per View. To me, the NFL of stadiums built with taxpayer money is getting even more greedy going more and more to Pay Per View. I don't want NFL saying the charity work they do, because the truth is the NFL is raping taxpayers on stadiums while making Billions. It is NFL blackmail, and if city taxpayers don't build new stadiums, the NFL moves the teams, so the NFL is not so kind hearted and charity, but instead Greed.

I refused to pay to watch this game. If the NFL goes more and more to Pay Per View, I will just stop watching NFL. Hopefully so will many others and TV sponsors will demand their commercials to be on regular TV by NFL.

There really was no reason this play-off game not on a regular TV network, other than pure greed by the NFL I hope ratings were down thus causing TV sponsors upset at NFL on few seeing their commercials.

I get what you are saying, but it’s not pay per view. The NFL isn’t making more money by you signing up for Peacock. I’m guessing in the TV deal NBC said they get to stream one playoff game on Peacock.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 01:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I get what you are saying, but it’s not pay per view. The NFL isn’t making more money by you signing up for Peacock.   I’m guessing in the TV deal NBC said they get to stream one playoff game on Peacock.

NBC paid the NFL 110 million for the exclusive rights to show that game on Peacock.  As I understand it that amount was just for that game and was outside of their regular TV deal which looks like is 2 billion a year. So I'm guess the NFL made a bit more money.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-is-chiefs-dolphins-playoff-game-exclusively-on-peacock-explaining-why-league-went-exclusive-to-streaming/

Quote:So why is this game exclusively on a streaming service? NBC Universal paid the NFL $110 million last year for rights to carry a wild card game on Peacock -- a one-year deal. This will be a trial for the league in its new television contract, which had exclusive games on streaming in the regular season (Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime, international game on ESPN+, and Saturday night game on Peacock).

I refused to sign up even for only $6 because I'm getting tired of things being split up over a bunch of different apps requiring paid subscriptions. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I refused to sign up for Pea**** as well even tho the NFL already got paid from it. I guess my main thing was it just wasn't worth the 6 bucks for one game. Now I have been a Pea**** subscriber for Premier League games, but there are enough on tv, and I also binged Yellowstone from it so it was well worth it.

Hopefully if enough people don't "cave in" to this sort of similar thing just to watch a game or games, it could cause those suits to rethink how they want to go about making deals on how games are showed. Another example is MLS soccer mainly Fc Cincy. I think they aired one or two of their games on tv this last year and all the rest on Apple tv streaming for $16 month. Didn't watch and now Im not much a fan. I'll stick to USA/NBC showing Premier League games which is far better to watch anyways, or get Pea**** for $6 a month which is way cheaper.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 04:18 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: NBC paid the NFL 110 million for the exclusive rights to show that game on Peacock.  As I understand it that amount was just for that game and was outside of their regular TV deal which looks like is 2 billion a year. So I'm guess the NFL made a bit more money.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-is-chiefs-dolphins-playoff-game-exclusively-on-peacock-explaining-why-league-went-exclusive-to-streaming/

I refused to sign up even for only $6 because I'm getting tired of things being split up over a bunch of different apps requiring paid subscriptions. 

Thanks. I was thinking they may have paid extra to do that, but sadly I’ve become too lazy to even google things at times.

I know the Big 10 did that, and one of the games was OSU-Purdue. I was thinking, who would sign up for that?
Reply/Quote
NFL/Refs are never going to let the Swifties ratings leave the playoffs early, as if Mahomes didn't already have enough favoritism.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 10:40 AM)kevin Wrote: I refuse to pay for Amazon or now Peacock.  The NFL is too greedy.  I didn't pay for this, and looks of the score I didn't miss much.  NFL already rapes taxpayers for new stadiums for super rich owners.  Plus all the TV commercial money and merchandise sales.  I say the NFL is getting too Greedy.  Now to those who will pay to watch games on Amazon and Peacock, please then do not complain of grocery store prices.  I'm just glad a Bengals play-off game hasn't been Pay Per View, but if that ever happens, I will refuse to watch it also.  I draw the line and the NFL is getting too greedy.  Now my brother is a Chiefs fan and it hurt him this game was on Peacock and he couldn't watch it.  Me, it was easy for me not to watch this game.  Now had it been Bengals I would have minded, but I still wouldn't go Pay Per View.  To me, the NFL of stadiums built with taxpayer money is getting even more greedy going more and more to Pay Per View.  I don't want NFL saying the charity work they do, because the truth is the NFL is raping taxpayers on stadiums while making Billions.  It is NFL blackmail, and if city taxpayers don't build new stadiums, the NFL moves the teams, so the NFL is not so kind hearted and charity, but instead Greed.

I refused to pay to watch this game.  If the NFL goes more and more to Pay Per View, I will just stop watching NFL.  Hopefully so will many others and TV sponsors will demand their commercials to be on regular TV by NFL.

There really was no reason this play-off game not on a regular TV network, other than pure greed by the NFL  I hope ratings were down thus causing TV sponsors upset at NFL on few seeing their commercials.

Did you forget ESPN???
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote