Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker Mayfield out for week 18
Kevin Stefanski has confirmed that Baker Mayfield will not play on Sunday. He is expected to have surgery on his left shoulder ASAP in order to begin rehab.

Case Keenum will get the start. Personally I'd rather see Mayfield but it is what it is

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Looking forward to watching us knock around whoever they stick under center.
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
It's all about the Chubb this week. Must stop the Chubb.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would have preferred him over Keenum at this point. Baker holds the ball longer trying to make a play.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's all about the Chubb this week. Must stop the Chubb.

they also may have kareem hunt back
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they also may have kareem hunt back

Well then, must stop Chubb & Hunt.
Reply/Quote
Mayfield always played really good against us so I find this to be a good thing even if Keenum is better against other
teams. Like Tecmo said have to stop the running game of Chubb and Hunt, this is key to winning this last game.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's all about the Chubb this week. Must stop the Chubb.

That was a problem in my 20's and 30's.

In my 50's it's the opposite.
Reply/Quote
Mayfield kills us. Glad to see Case and I hope Mayfield has successful surgery
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Mayfield always played really good against us so I find this to be a good thing even if Keenum is better against other
teams. Like Tecmo said have to stop the running game of Chubb and Hunt, this is key to winning this last game.

Baker also seems to own us so maybe it's good luck we're facing Keenum?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:49 PM)kdgjr Wrote: That was a problem in my 20's and 30's.

In my 50's it's the opposite.

Shocked
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Baker also seems to own us so maybe it's good luck we're facing Keenum?

Yes sir. This is my opinion until Mayfield finally has a bad game against us. Weird how he plays so good against our D.
Reply/Quote
It would be the ultimate "FU, you don't matter" to Cleveland if we just sent the practice squad out there.
Reply/Quote
****’em.

That being said, as a person not the player, hope he surgically heals well.
Reply/Quote
Pity. They probably should have done this weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
I sure hope they don't start their 3rd string QB. We ded if they do....  Nervous
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I think that Burrow may be “out” of this game too after Zac sees the odds of getting that one seed.
This could end up looking like a preseason game with all of the backups starting.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 04:20 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I think that Burrow may be “out” of this game too after Zac sees the odds of getting that one seed.
This could end up looking like a preseason game with all of the backups starting.

In Zac's presser he said it doesn't work like this because they need to decide early in the week who is playing. He said the guys need to know who is going to be on the field. Of course, that might have all been coach talk because I thought the same thing you did until hearing how Zac talked about it.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 04:28 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: In Zac's presser he said it doesn't work like this because they need to decide early in the week who is playing. He said the guys need to know who is going to be on the field. Of course, that might have all been coach talk because I thought the same thing you did until hearing how Zac talked about it.

Yeah, he said the QB who will play needs to take the reps with the 1's. I think that probably applies if Allen is going to play, but he could take the snaps all week and then Burrow could play without any problem.
Reply/Quote