Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KJ Wright?
With the draft over and seeing no more LB talent added , I really think they should take a look at adding a alpha dog VET like KJ Wright.
He cant cover much anymore but he can still bring the wood on 1st and 2nd downs in addition to much needed ledership.
Reply/Quote
Yes to KJ Wright for sure...
Reply/Quote
If you can't make Lamar go to the sideline, you have no place at LB in the AFCN. Bengals even more so since they only use 2 LBs at a time, so they don't have a use for a 2 down LB.

QB's were 51/66 for 416 yards and 4 TDs (106.6 QB Rating) in his coverage. The last 2 years combined they have been 115/156 for 1,041 yards and 7 TDs in his coverage.

Last year he made 60 solo tackles, and had 10 missed tackles. Even if you include his assisted tackles, he still missed tackles over 10% of the time.

Can't cover, can't tackle? Can't play.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I believe Wright will eventually find his way back to Seattle. Dehner and Morrison said they wouldn't be surprised if Bynes was brought back to provide veteran leadership to the linebackers.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Wright would contribute more to the defense than Jordan Evans would, so yes.
Bailey and ADG can be the ST guys.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 01:32 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I believe Wright will eventually find his way back to Seattle. Dehner and Morrison said they wouldn't be surprised if Bynes was brought back to provide veteran leadership to the linebackers.

I'm for this, I know some didn't like him, but I though he played well and is a huge asset to the young guys in the linebacker room.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 10:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you can't make Lamar go to the sideline, you have no place at LB in the AFCN. Bengals even more so since they only use 2 LBs at a time, so they don't have a use for a 2 down LB.

QB's were 51/66 for 416 yards and 4 TDs (106.6 QB Rating) in his coverage. The last 2 years combined they have been 115/156 for 1,041 yards and 7 TDs in his coverage.

Last year he made 60 solo tackles, and had 10 missed tackles. Even if you include his assisted tackles, he still missed tackles over 10% of the time.

Can't cover, can't tackle? Can't play.

Wow, that is really bad, surprised.

(05-04-2021, 01:32 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I believe Wright will eventually find his way back to Seattle. Dehner and Morrison said they wouldn't be surprised if Bynes was brought back to provide veteran leadership to the linebackers.

For bringing Bynes, back, just don't hand him the starter job. Didn't like some of the angles he was taking in the run game
last season. Something of concern for sure in a vet that should know better.

(05-04-2021, 10:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Wright would contribute more to the defense than Jordan Evans would, so yes.
Bailey and ADG can be the ST guys.

That is what I was thinking but man what TLL shown was bad. Was he injured is my question?

(05-05-2021, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm for this, I know some didn't like him, but I though he played well and is a huge asset to the young guys in the linebacker room.

Not against it. Think we can find a better play maker than Bynes though. Good guy, really like the guy as a person.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, that is really bad, surprised.

For bringing Bynes, back, just don't hand him the starter job. Didn't like some of the angles he was taking in the run game

That is what I was thinking but man what TLL shown was bad. Was he injured is my question?

Not against it. Think we can find a better play maker than Bynes though. Good guy, really like the guy as a person.

This is where there's a disconnect between stats and things like PFF ratings.

PFF gave KJ Wright a 78.7 coverage grade in 544 snaps, which is considered really good.
However, the receiving stats that TLL posted speak for themselves, and it looks to contradict the good rating that PFF gave.

So I guess the question is whether KJ Wright was really responsible for those receptions that happened in his area or whether the responsibility was on someone else.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 03:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is where there's a disconnect between stats and things like PFF ratings.

PFF gave KJ Wright a 78.7 coverage grade in 544 snaps, which is considered really good.
However, the receiving stats that TLL posted speak for themselves, and it looks to contradict the good rating that PFF gave.

So I guess the question is whether KJ Wright was really responsible for those receptions that happened in his area or whether the responsibility was on someone else.

That is wild. Would have to go back and watch him play to know for sure. How old is Wright and is he over the hill is another
question? To have that much contradiction in the numbers to PFF's grade is pretty staggering.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is wild. Would have to go back and watch him play to know for sure. How old is Wright and is he over the hill is another
question? To have that much contradiction in the numbers to PFF's grade is pretty staggering.

Wright will be 32 by the start of the season.
If signed, he'd be a true 1-year or 2-year stopgap.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For bringing Bynes, back, just don't hand him the starter job. Didn't like some of the angles he was taking in the run game

I doubt Bynes would get the starting job if he's re-signed. If Wilson isn't our starting MLB this season, then that's another knock on Lou/Golden.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
you don't get better without playing

Let those second year guys take over and let's see how they do with better DTs taking on blockers.

we aren't winning the Super Bowl next year . Let's see what our current guys can do.

Any extra money should be spent on another quality interior lineman.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 01:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I doubt Bynes would get the starting job if he's re-signed. If Wilson isn't our starting MLB this season, then that's another knock on Lou/Golden.

If Bynes is brought back and isn't starting can he play special teams? Most LBers that are lower on the depth chart are out there on teams.

I'm sure he has in his career, but just curious at this point in his career if he'd be good at it or a liability.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 01:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Bynes is brought back and isn't starting can he play special teams? Most LBers that are lower on the depth chart are out there on teams.

I'm sure he has in his career, but just curious at this point in his career if he'd be good at it or a liability.

I'm not sure how good he is at ST, but Bynes here are his snap counts on ST by year:
2012 - 184 (37%)
2013 - 296 (60%)
2014 - 234 (55%)
2015 - 232 (51%)
2016 - 75 (18%)
2017 - 278 (58%)
2018 - 60 (14%)
2019 - 37 (8%)
2020 - 91 (20%)

So he hasn't done a ton in recent years, but he started 34 of 39 games in the past 3 seasons, so they probably didn't want to use him as much on ST given his usage on defense.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not sure how good he is at ST, but Bynes here are his snap counts on ST by year:
2012 - 184 (37%)
2013 - 296 (60%)
2014 - 234 (55%)
2015 - 232 (51%)
2016 - 75 (18%)
2017 - 278 (58%)
2018 - 60 (14%)
2019 - 37 (8%)
2020 - 91 (20%)

So he hasn't done a ton in recent years, but he started 34 of 39 games in the past 3 seasons, so they probably didn't want to use him as much on ST given his usage on defense.

Thanks for digging that up. If he can hold his own on teams, then sign him up. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 01:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Bynes is brought back and isn't starting can he play special teams? Most LBers that are lower on the depth chart are out there on teams.

I doubt he'd be playing ST, even if he volunteered. He's not a speedster so he'd be a liability on coverage units. You don't want slow players leaving lanes open for the returner.
Reply/Quote