Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burfict staying or going?
(03-13-2019, 12:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You have to tackle someone or hit someone for a penalty. Burfict was a step or two behind getting in position to hit anyone legally or illegally.

Yep.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Burfict's best season were under Zimmer because he was afraid of Zimmer. The knock on him in college ws that he ran amock and got his coach fired because there was no accountability. After Zim left, how many times did we hear giggles asked and he would say something like "I've had lot's of talks with Vontaze". Well Merv, did you ever suspend him, fine him or anything else for the bs he was pulling???? Taylor and his new coaches need to come in with a short lease....
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Burfict's best season were under Zimmer because he was afraid of Zimmer. The knock on him in college ws that he ran amock and got his coach fired because there was no accountability. After Zim left, how many times did we hear giggles asked and he would say something like "I've had lot's of talks with Vontaze". Well Merv, did you ever suspend him, fine him or anything else for the bs he was pulling???? Taylor and his new coaches need to come in with a short lease....

Burfict staying could be a big test for Zac and the New Staff.

My gut says Burfict will be here for the 2019 season.

Should losses mount up; Zac's ability to command respect and set the Cultural tone may be challenged by certain veteran players on this team.

May get tested by Burfict or someone else.

Can Zac dial in the Culture as successfully as Sean McVay seems to have done with the Rams ?

Zac will likely face some challenges in this area and it remains to be seen if he has the style, wisdom and other traits that will make him a great leader of men.
Reply/Quote
If he’s going to get cut, I don’t expect it until they’ve signed or drafted more LB’s. Say they sign Barrett and draft White or Bush, then Tez becomes expendable.
Reply/Quote
If it’s my team, he’s gone yesterday. It’s not my team.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 02:53 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: If it’s my team, he’s gone yesterday. It’s not my team.

I wish they’d have cut his stupid @$$ three years ago Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 03:00 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I wish they’d have cut his stupid @$$ three years ago Whatever

They may have been able to get a 5th Round pick for him back then. They’d have to cut him now.
Reply/Quote
I think that since LB is probably our biggest need, the Bengals are not looking to get rid of a guy that used to be a quality LB. The front office is probably hoping the new coaching staff can get him back to where he used to be.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 03:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think that since LB is probably our biggest need, the Bengals are not looking to get rid of a guy that used to be a quality LB. The front office is probably hoping the new coaching staff can get him back to where he used to be.

Where did he use to be? Suspended, concussions and Roids? That’s the thing, there was too much drama going on even when he was good. The detriment to the team makes guys like this not worth having.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 03:24 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Where did he use to be? Suspended, concussions and Roids? That’s the thing, there was too much drama going on even when he was good. The detriment to the team makes guys like this not worth having.

Clearly, the front office disagrees.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 03:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think that since LB is probably our biggest need, the Bengals are not looking to get rid of a guy that used to be a quality LB. The front office is probably hoping the new coaching staff can get him back to where he used to be.

This.  I find it hard to believe we can't just put Burfict in that "coaches ruined him and he will get better with the new system" pile like so many other players.  Hell, we might have to put him in that pile if the Bengals don't cut him soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 03:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This.  I find it hard to believe we can't just put Burfict in that "coaches ruined him and he will get better with the new system" pile like so many other players.  Hell, we might have to put him in that pile if the Bengals don't cut him soon.

To be fair, I put him in the same pile that I would put Eiffert in. Both have had issues staying on the field, but they have proven to be above average players. Yet, at this point, are they just taking up money and space that could go elsewhere? Or do we continue to give them chances in the hopes they'll return to their above average forms and play an entire season?

I'm at the point where I think it'd benefit the Bengals more to just not have either on the team. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 03:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, I put him in the same pile that I would put Eiffert in. Both have had issues staying on the field, but they have proven to be above average players. Yet, at this point, are they just taking up money and space that could go elsewhere? Or do we continue to give them chances in the hopes they'll return to their above average forms and play an entire season?

I'm at the point where I think it'd benefit the Bengals more to just not have either on the team. 

I'm not really going to bat for Burfict, so much as wondering why our infinite optimism of the new coaches and our intense blaming of Marvin and Teryl Austin for making the 2018 season a waste of time doesn't extend to this guy.  I don't see Burfict staying or being good, but I didn't see the instant love of Bobby Hart coming, either.

Who knows.
Reply/Quote
I saw nothing in him last year. Nothing.

Trade him for 5th rounder and move on or may he retire.

7 concussions is significant for an athlete and if fans truly value Burfict the human being, they should hope he retires. Maybe he could be an assistant coach down the road with another team.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:50 AM)McC Wrote: At least he won't start the season suspended.

Until a magical flag appears in the preseason for an illegal hit...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 03:24 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Where did he use to be? Suspended, concussions and Roids?

Pro Bowl???
Reply/Quote
If he's on the roster this year I would be blown away. Forget the stigma/penalties/etc, just that fact that he doesn't play well anymore and the injury/concussion issues, I think he won't play another snap in the NFL. My 2 cents and worth exactly that.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 07:02 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: If he's on the roster this year I would be blown away. Forget the stigma/penalties/etc, just that fact that he doesn't play well anymore and the injury/concussion issues, I think he won't play another snap in the NFL. My 2 cents and worth exactly that.

This is what I think too about his play. I was in Baltimore watching last year. He was just a nothing on the field, and came out constantly and always on third down. Elinimating all the "extra" stuff, I just don't think he has it anymore. Was epic when he did, but I think that time has passed.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 07:02 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: If he's on the roster this year I would be blown away. Forget the stigma/penalties/etc, just that fact that he doesn't play well anymore and the injury/concussion issues, I think he won't play another snap in the NFL. My 2 cents and worth exactly that.

No way should he play again.  Seven documented concussions and who knows how many more.  Each one makes the next one easier to get.  I can't imagine any doctor anywhere who would not strongly advise him to hang it up.  The man has a family to consider.  There has to be a multitude of  people screaming at him to retire.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote