Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KKK Leader Disputes Hate Group Label: 'We're A Christian Organization'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/21/virginia-kkk-fliers_n_5008647.html

Actually an older story I came across while looking for something else.

Quote:The leader of the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is tired of “a few rogue Klansmen” ruining the group’s reputation, and argues that the group is a non-violent Christian organization.

“We don’t hate people because of their race, I mean, we’re a Christian organization,” Frank Ancona, the group's Imperial Wizard, told Virginia's NBC 12 on Thursday. "Because of the acts of a few rogue Klansmen, all Klansmen are supposed to be murderers, and wanting to lynch black people, and we're supposed to be terrorists. That's a complete falsehood.”

Ancona’s group has come under fire from residents of Chesterfield County, Va., about 20 miles south of Richmond, for distributing KKK recruitment fliers in people's yards since January.

"We picked ours up out of our driveway and threw it in the trash," Sarah Peachee told NBC 12. "We weren't interested in even reading about it."

Ancona defended the strategy, however, citing a boom in KKK membership across the country since 2008.

"In the last six years that I've been president of this organization I've seen the numbers probably triple," Ancona told NBC 12. "The funny thing is the same neighborhoods where you're saying there are people who don't want the flier are neighborhoods where our members live, and neighborhoods where people are sympathetic to our cause and are glad to hear from us.”

Although Ancona insisted that the KKK is not a hate group, he added that “We just want to keep our race the white race."

"We want to stay white,” Ancona said. “It's not a hateful thing to want to maintain white supremacy."

Similar activity by the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan wasreported in Tinley Park, a suburb of Chicago, in December, after promotional fliers were found in several driveways throughout the town.

“You can sleep tonight knowing the Klan is awake!” the fliers said, according to theChicago Tribune.

(h/t NBC 12)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Well.......I have news for them, they're not.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-09-2016, 05:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well.......I have news for them, they're not.

It's interesting to know that you agree with them that they are not a hate group.... Mellow
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(03-09-2016, 06:02 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: It's interesting to know that you agree with them that they are not a hate group.... Mellow

They're not a Christian organization.
They tripled their membership? Wow, racism really did increase under Obama...or just the 4000 or so people that number represents.
--------------------------------------------------------

Don't you just hate it when a few jackasses ruin the reputation of what is a perfectly upstanding supremacist group?

I like the lady who said they just threw the flier in the garbage like she made some sort of big stand.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

There is no such thing as a "Christian Klansman". It's like saying you're a "Communist Anarchist", it makes no sense.
(03-10-2016, 12:57 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: There is no such thing as a "Christian Klansman". It's like saying you're a "Communist Anarchist", it makes no sense.

the KKK is a christian group just like the west baptish church is.

Although when thinknig about it i cant remember the last time i heard of the KKK committing hate crimes.

They only seem to make news these days when holding their parades. (sometimes with the black panthers)

they are a shadow of the group that used to be feared.
(03-10-2016, 12:57 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: There is no such thing as a "Christian Klansman". It's like saying you're a "Communist Anarchist", it makes no sense.

The Tea Party are Christian Klansmen according to leftist goofballs.
(03-10-2016, 01:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the KKK is a christian group just like the west baptish church is.

Although when thinknig about it i cant remember the last time i heard of the KKK committing hate crimes.

They only seem to make news these days when holding their parades. (sometimes with the black panthers)

they are a shadow of the group that used to be feared.

They haven't been feared since the 1970's when they came to the realization that blacks do a better job of killing blacks than they do.

Just like the crusades never happened, and the christian right is staunchly opposed to capital punishment.
(03-09-2016, 06:20 PM)Vlad Wrote: They're not a Christian organization.

Wow........Thanks for clearing that up.   Mellow
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(03-09-2016, 05:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well.......I have news for them, they're not.

(03-09-2016, 06:20 PM)Vlad Wrote: They're not a Christian organization.

But the CLAIM to be and use the Bible as the basis for their "beliefs". They BELIEVE they are Christians. Isn't that all that matters? Even if they have perverted the teachings of Christ?

(03-10-2016, 01:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the KKK is a christian group just like the west baptish church is.
Bingo.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Oh I see, this is a bash Christian thread.

Sorry I interrupted you all, carry on.
(03-10-2016, 01:54 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Oh I see, this is a bash Christian thread.

Sorry I interrupted you all, carry on.

There are quite a few bash Islam threads available for those of that persuasion.  It is afterall, PnR.  Personally, I'd like to abolish the R from humanity entirely, but how would we explain the existence of humans or justify the exploitation of others?
(03-10-2016, 01:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Just like the crusades never happened, and the christian right is staunchly opposed to capital punishment.

[Image: 3c0bU4r.gif]

The Crusades. Its gotta be embarrassing even for liberals when one of their own still goes there.

No Vas, no one has ever denied the Crusades happened. Listen closely..the argument has been that its pathetic how you terrorist sympathizers use an event that occurred hundreds of years ago to give Islamic extremism a pass. 
(03-10-2016, 02:01 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There are quite a few bash Islam threads available for those of that persuasion.  It is afterall, PnR.  Personally, I'd like to abolish the R from humanity entirely, but how would we explain the existence of humans or justify the exploitation of others?

If that's what you think religion is then I get your abhorrence.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-10-2016, 02:13 PM)Vlad Wrote: [Image: 3c0bU4r.gif]

The Crusades. Its gotta be embarrassing even for liberals when one of their own still goes there.

No Vas, no one has ever denied the Crusades happened. It is pathetic however that you terrorist sympathizers use an event that occurred hundreds of years ago to give Islamic extremism a pass. 

Islamic Extremism is to Islam as the KKK/Westboro/'Army of God' is to Christianity.  Yet some christians want to group all the muslims togehter and seperate out the the christians who come across in a bad light.  Remind me how that works again?  Also, how does 'liberal' fit into anything I've said here?  Needless repetition is a sign of rhetorical deficiency.   
(03-10-2016, 02:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If that's what you think religion is then I get your abhorrence.

I'm sure there are people here and around the world who make a 'positive impact' through their participation within a given religion.  Too often it has just been abused and used as justification subjugate and molest those without.  To that end, the benefits don't outweigh the cost.  The same 'positive impact' could be accomplished through other means.
(03-10-2016, 02:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm sure there are people here and around the world who make a 'positive impact' through their participation within a given religion.  Too often it has just been abused and used as justification subjugate and molest those without.  To that end, the benefits don't outweigh the cost.  The same 'positive impact' could be accomplished through other means.

But none of that is the purpose for religion.  Religion is an attempt to explain God.  Not every religion in history revolves around doing good in the name of God(s).