Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ka'Raun White Welcome to the Bengals
Another UDFA signing: Ka'Raun White, WR, West Virginia. He had 12 TDs last season. Don't know why Seattle cut him free. Glad we're giving him a shot. Highlights
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kinda odd the Hawks cut an UDFA so quick. Wonder what the deal?
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 11:53 PM)Neon Icon Wrote: Kinda odd the Hawks cut an UDFA so quick. Wonder what the deal?

Found this

Quote:The 6-foot-1 wide receiver out of West Virginia is likely a practice squad candidate, at best, for the upcoming campaign.

Not much of an endorsement. He looks like a gamer to me. Let's see what he can do. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
All they can ask for coming in is a fair shot .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
noooooooooooooooooooo, we don't need mo' receivers.. we have all that we need... I hope the Bengals pull a Humperdink on him and RELEASE HIM.
Reply/Quote
As with all WVU receivers it's Buyer Beware.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
His brother probably ruined it for him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2018, 12:12 AM)Shady Wrote: Found this

Not much of an endorsement. He looks like a gamer to me. Let's see what he can do. 

well worse case we need PSers too
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2018, 01:12 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: noooooooooooooooooooo, we don't need mo' receivers.. we have all that we need...   I hope the Bengals pull a Humperdink on him and RELEASE HIM.

Prince humperdink didn't release anyone... just said he did.
Reply/Quote
The way our WRs not named AJ Green have played I don't care if the guy is cut by 80 teams before landing here. He has a chance to out play any of our "have-yet-to-really-show-up" WRs and if he does he'll earn a roster spot.

The fact that LaFell continued to beat out our draft picks at the position tells you that those picks haven't put it together yet. So the more the merrier I say.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2018, 09:57 AM)BengalChris Wrote: The way our WRs not named AJ Green have played I don't care if the guy is cut by 80 teams before landing here. He has a chance to out play any of our "have-yet-to-really-show-up" WRs and if he does he'll earn a roster spot.

The fact that LaFell continued to beat out our draft picks at the position tells you that those picks haven't put it together yet. So the more the merrier I say.

Exactly This!!! Our Wide Reciever room definitely needs to be pushed. If an UDFA can come in and push them to step up their game, so be it. If they don't, I hope he takes a roster spot from them.....
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2018, 10:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly This!!! Our Wide Reciever room definitely needs to be pushed. If an UDFA can come in and push them to step up their game, so be it. If they don't, I hope he takes a roster spot from them.....

lol@ UDFA pushing established receivers
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2018, 10:43 AM)cooper Wrote: lol@ UDFA pushing established receivers

I wouldn't laugh. What established receivers are you talking about? I wasn't talking about Green or LaFell. Talking about Boyd, Core, Malone, Ross. None of these four have earned significant playing time.

Reply/Quote

plenty of non established recievers on the back end of the roster that need to step up or out
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2018, 10:50 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I wouldn't laugh. What established receivers are you talking about? I wasn't talking about Green or LaFell. Talking about Boyd, Core, Malone, Ross. None of these four have earned significant playing time.

(05-09-2018, 10:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: plenty of non established recievers on the back end of the roster that need to step up or out

I agree. What have we heard from the coaches this year about competition? It's not like our non-AJ WRs have done much. I kind of fault Dalton for relying so heavily on AJ. These guys get alot of snaps, but how many targets do they get? Maybe Andy isn't confident in them. Could be alot of things, but I am excited about the 4 or 5 UDFA WRs we're bringing into camp. You know they're looking for something. Judging from the strengths of guys like White, Boyd (Davonte, not Tyler, but him too), Jennings, Auden Tate, and Kermit Whitfield (PS last year), they're waiting to see who's going to break out and who isn't. Should be interesting competition. They're all different.

EDIT: Maybe we should bring Chad back. You know he'd try hard. LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 11:51 PM)Shady Wrote: Another UDFA signing:  Ka'Raun White, WR, West Virginia. He had 12 TDs last season. Don't know why Seattle cut him free. Glad we're giving him a shot. Highlights

He drops balls I would guess as to why he was cut.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Sure are getting pretty deep at WR, atleast with talent. Need to have one of these guys step up and take Lafell's
spot soon enough. Between Ross, Malone, Core, Boyd, Erickson, Whitfield, Jennings, Tate and White somebody
should. I expect it to be Ross myself.

I do like the upside of Adonis Jennings and Auden Tate.
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard Mr White !

Now get busy earning that spot, because it will not be easy.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Looks like your post has already been answered by a couple of others. BTW, the Bengals, depending on season, roll with 5-7 WRs on the roster. SO far Green, LaFell, Boyd and possibly Erickson have established themselves. All the rest could very well be at risk for being knocked off the roster by a UDFA that comes into camp and shines.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2018, 12:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He drops balls I would guess as to why he was cut.  

So we should cut AJ? LOL  JK

Remember that spell he had last year? How many balls went through his hands for INTs? 
Reply/Quote