Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaare Vedvik signed to the PS
The Norwegian kicker, Kaare Vedvik originally signed by the ravens then subsequently traded to Minnesota, waived then again with NY landed with the bungles practice squad. Who knows? Maybe he'll recapture the magic he had before getting assaulted and hospitalized in Baltimore last year.. At the very least he'll be in the hands of Simmons and not the rest of the bungle coaches.. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Something's got to change. Winning teams have kickers who haven't missed in years.

We trot out "fat Randy" and I hold my breath and cross myself... Pray
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 02:12 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger

Something's got to change. Winning teams have kickers who haven't missed in years.

We trot out "fat Randy" and I hold my breath and cross myself... Pray

I have to disagree.

Randy did not miss an extra point this year. Which puts him ahead of the good ones on winning teams like Tucker, Lutz, Butker, Gould... or almost any kicker really. Exceptions are only Boswell, Zuerlein, Maher and Crosby. All the others missed at least one.
Randy also did not miss a field goal from under 40 yards. Only Crosby and Boswell are as perfect in an "XPs and short FGs" category.

As for the longer ones, Randy is 8/10 with FGs 40-49. Which still is respectable and amongst the better stat lines. Only Butker did not miss at all from that range. When it comes to 50+, sure that is not Randy's speciality (he missed both attempts and there's probably a reason there's only two attempts), so I'm not saying he's the perfect kicker. But kicking is not among the severe problems on this team and the notion that kickers on winning teams have not missed in years is flatout incorrect.
Reply/Quote
C'mon..us bengal fans would be pissing ourselves in excitement if we had a kicker who could nail every kick over 50 yards and still miss everything under 40.. LOL In fact..it might solve our red zone problems.. Just get the ball to the 50 and forget even trying anything beyond that.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 04:28 AM)hollodero Wrote: I have to disagree.

Randy did not miss an extra point this year. Which puts him ahead of the good ones on winning teams like Tucker, Lutz, Butker, Gould... or almost any kicker really. Exceptions are only Boswell, Zuerlein, Maher and Crosby. All the others missed at least one.
Randy also did not miss a field goal from under 40 yards. Only Crosby and Boswell are as perfect in an "XPs and short FGs" category.

As for the longer ones, Randy is 8/10 with FGs 40-49. Which still is respectable and amongst the better stat lines. Only Butker did not miss at all from that range. When it comes to 50+, sure that is not Randy's speciality (he missed both attempts and there's probably a reason there's only two attempts), so I'm not saying he's the perfect kicker. But kicking is not among the severe problems on this team and the notion that kickers on winning teams have not missed in years is flatout incorrect.

Yes, other kickers do miss but what those stats won't necessarily show is the kicks that the Bengals didn't trust Bullock with. Does he average better between 40-49 because the Bengals usually only let him attempt kicks from 40-45?

On extra points he'd have had far fewer attempts than teams with an effective offense.

Kicker is not the reason we're 1 and 13 but it's not a strength either. This is a position we should be looking to upgrade, just it's behind numerous other positions in priority.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 12:20 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Yes, other kickers do miss but what those stats won't necessarily show is the kicks that the Bengals didn't trust Bullock with. Does he average better between 40-49 because the Bengals usually only let him attempt kicks from 40-45?

On extra points he'd have had far fewer attempts than teams with an effective offense.

Sure, those are legit points and I do not mind a new kicker.

It's just, saying "all good teams have kickers that never miss" and that ours is awful seemed a bit much.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 04:28 AM)hollodero Wrote: I have to disagree.

Tiger  That is why "years" was italicized. It was somewhat of an exaggeration. You're ok with Randy Bullock. I'd rather have a different kicker... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote