Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kacy's one & only
RD 1 - Andrew Billings – DT, Baylor – 6’1”, 311
[Image: billings-e1452636198916.jpeg?w=610&h=343&crop=1]  
It’s obvious that the Bengals need an heir apparent to Peko, preferably with an early pick.  The problem is that the Bengals don’t spend 1st round picks on two-down players.  Any defensive tackle needs to be able to rush the passer or at least have the potential to do so.  Enter, Andrew Billings.  Strong as an ox with a non-stop motor.  Has the strength to hold up against double teams, as well as the quickness to shoot the gap.  His strength and leverage puts lineman on skates, making him potentially a dangerous pass rusher as well as great run defender.  Needs to work on locating the ball better, but he’s still young enough to mature and learn the nuances of the position.  HIGHLIGHTS

RD 2 - Shilique Calhoun – DE, Michigan State – 6’4”, 251
[Image: shilique-calhoun-ncaa-football-cotton-bo...90x900.jpg] 
Seasoned player with the quickness, length, bend and flexibility to be a very good pass rusher.  Has enough variety to his pass rush arsenal to beat tackles in multiple ways.  Guenther, in the mold of Zimmer, continuous says that he wants rush guys and cover guys and with the addition of Billings and Calhoun, we re-establish our defensive line rotation that made us so dangerous a few years ago.  Not a very good run defender, however, and will have to figure out a way to add strength without losing the attributes that make him such a good rusher.  HIGHLIGHTS

RD 3 - Braxton Miller – WR, Ohio State – 6’1”, 201
[Image: GettyImages-505977348.vadapt.664.high.22.jpg]  
Meet the Swiss Army Knife.  A playmaker in the making with elite quickness, who has the ability to line-up out wide, in the slot, as a RB or a Wildcat QB.  He even has the versatility to return punts and kickoffs, which was evident during the senior bowl.  Teams will have to play “Where’s Waldo” with Miller because you never know where he will line up.  It’s obvious he still has a lot to learn about the position, specifically route running.  But just put the ball in his hands and let him go to work.  His ceiling is a level-headed Percy Harvin from his Minnesota days.  His floor is a solid slot receiver.  HIGHLIGHTS

RD 4 - Keyarris Garrett – WR, Tulsa – 6’3”, 220
[Image: GettyImages-155371273.jpg]  
Long, sure-handed, big-bodied, underrated prospect from the American Conference.  Knows how to use his body to block out corners or hitches and slants.  But the one thing he does best is…GET DEEP!!!  Long strider who has the uncanny ability to get by and stack cornerbacks on go balls.  That was one underrated aspect of Marvin Jones’ game and we get it back with Garrett.    Will also go up and attack the ball in the red zone.  Only lined up on one side of the field at Tulsa, so he’ll have to get used to moving around to be truly effective in our offense.  HIGHLIGHTS

RD 5 - Eric Murray – CB, Minnesota – 5’11”, 199
[Image: pro-day-030716-header.jpg]  
Very solid and technically sound corner.  Has a great feel for the position and gets his hands on a lot of balls with 24 pass break ups over the past three years.  Can play off, can play press and in the slot.  Not to mention he does a good job in coming up to make the tackle, which is mandatory for any corner the Bengals draft.  There’s not much he’ll need to learn about the pro game.  The thing is, he’s probably as good as he’s going to be, making his floor very high, but his ceiling not so much.  HIGHLIGHTS

RD 6 - Deon Bush - FS, Miami – 6’0”, 199
[Image: cbda8267fe01a3f1a77e1f4d0cef3efd_crop_no...h=420&q=75]  
Talk about a heat seeking missile.  This dude will light-you-up!  Attacks the run with aggression and has good range in the deep secondary.  When a receiver is in his range, he knows when to go for the big hit to jar the ball loose and when to make a play on the ball for an interception or PBU.  Has good instincts and is always around the ball.  The problem is he’s too aggressive at times and can take bad angles to the ball.  Will be a special teams demon early on, allowing him time to hone that aggression and take better angles when it’s his time to contribute on defense.  HIGHLIGHTS

RD 7 - Spencer Drango – OT/OG, Baylor – 6’6”, 315
[Image: img24576991.jpg] 
I fully realize this pick will be met with eye rolls and head scratches, as all of Bengals Nation wants a center.  I just haven’t seen any evidence that the Bengals want to go that way, with no visits or workouts reported.  I’m sure they have met with and worked out some, but if they have it has been on the down low.  With that said, and with only 4 OTs on the roster, I believe the Bengals want a tackle that can play guard, rather than a guard who can play center or vice versa.  Drango is a two time Big 12 offensive lineman of the year who more than held his own at LT in the pass happy conference.  His feet aren’t good enough to stay at LT but he can be a solid contributor on the right side with the flexibility to play (and possibly excel) inside at guard.
Reply/Quote
I like picks 1 and 5. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote