Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaepernick benched
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/02/report-49ers-have-benched-colin-kaepernick-for-blaine-gabbert/

Maybe the Browns will pick him up next year lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder what position the Niners are using their 1st round pick on.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Damn. Benched for Blaine Gabbert? What a horrible demise.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Blaine Gabbert: "Oh dear... This is just too much pressure I- I gotta find a way outta this."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:10 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I wonder what position the Niners are using their 1st round pick on.

They can't give up on a QB who has accomplished as much as Kaepernick.  Instead they need to find a new QB coach or OC that can get his game straightened out.
Reply/Quote
Let's face it, we owe Jay Gruden a LOT for talking our FO out of getting Mallett or Krapernick. Amazing.
Reply/Quote
They should trade him away for a couple of draft picks.

They need a new coach and franchise QB. As is, the Niner made a HUUUUUUUUUGE mistake driving Harbaugh out.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:53 AM)Adamantium Wrote: They should trade him away for a couple of draft picks.

They need a new coach and franchise QB. As is, the Niner made a HUUUUUUUUUGE mistake driving Harbaugh out.

with the way he has been playing who is gonna trade for his contract....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOBODY

(11-03-2015, 01:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They can't give up on a QB who has accomplished as much as Kaepernick. Instead they need to find a new QB coach or OC that can get his game straightened out.

well trading away his best TE has to be a step in the right direction
Reply/Quote
Kaepernick looks absolutely horrible every time I watch him. Maybe it's his offensive line. He has no accuracy. And when he thinks he has accuracy, he then has no touch. Dude needs to start running again, half the plays designed run. 49ers wholesaling as much as the Brownies.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:04 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/02/report-49ers-have-benched-colin-kaepernick-for-blaine-gabbert/

You have to be pretty bad to be taken down for Blaine Gabbert. 

I wanted him over AD.  Guess that's why I'm not a GM.

Is he salvageable?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:21 PM)McC Wrote: You have to be pretty bad to be taken down for Blaine Gabbert. 

I wanted him over AD.  Guess that's why I'm not a GM.

Is he salvageable?

He needs to go to a team with a coach similar to Harbaugh and/or re-unite with Greg Roman. They adjusted their offense to Kapernick to utilize his strengths. We don't have to change much for McCarron is Andy is injured, we'd have to make a lot of adjustments if Kap came here.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: with the way he has been playing who is gonna trade for his contract....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOBODY

He actually has a team friendly deal. His salary isn't guaranteed until April for the next two seasons, so he can be cut/traded with no repercussions.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Greg Roman is the reason Kap looked so good early on. Watch his old highlights. He's constantly throwing to wide open guys. In the super bowl against the Ravens I counted 2 or 3 actual NFL quality throws into tight windows. Just look at how Tyrod was playing for the Bills before he got hurt this year.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:04 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/02/report-49ers-have-benched-colin-kaepernick-for-blaine-gabbert/

they benched their 2011 2nd rounder for one of the 2011 1st rounders?

(11-03-2015, 03:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He actually has a team friendly deal. His salary isn't guaranteed until April for the next two seasons, so he can be cut/traded with no repercussions.

i get that his contract is team friendly if he wasnt producing 3rd stringer stats
Reply/Quote
I think it's funny that 1/3rd of the NFL is currently competing for the playoffs, 1/3rd of the NFL is benching younger/scrambling QBs for boring journeymen, and the other 1/3rd are benching boring journeymen for younger/scrambling QBs.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 03:25 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Greg Roman is the reason Kap looked so good early on. Watch his old highlights. He's constantly throwing to wide open guys. In the super bowl against the Ravens I counted 2 or 3 actual NFL quality throws into tight windows. Just look at how Tyrod was playing for the Bills before he got hurt this year.

I am not going to claim that I followed the Forty-niners clsely, but I have seen Kaepernick play several games and he made multiple impressive throws.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 08:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not going to claim that I followed the Forty-niners clsely, but I have seen Kaepernick play several games and he made multiple impressive throws.

I still have contacts in the Bay Area from living there, and they tell me how much of a dumpster fire the organization is now. Like you, I've seen Kap play well multiple times, just not in recent times. He seems to be talented enough to build an offense around his natural skills and be successful. He does have some playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance under his belt. Teams like Cleveland might do well with him, IF they made the commitment to providing what he needs to succeed.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 06:17 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I still have contacts in the Bay Area from living there, and they tell me how much of a dumpster fire the organization is now. Like you, I've seen Kap play well multiple times, just not in recent times. He seems to be talented enough to build an offense around his natural skills and be successful. He does have some playoff wins and a Super Bowl appearance under his belt. Teams like Cleveland might do well with him, IF they made the commitment to providing what he needs to succeed.

Oh Yes, I think there's little doubt the 49ers are in full fledged melt down mode. I don't really think there's any way Kap will be there next season.

I do however believe he could flourish in the right system/OC/HC, with a team built around him. I question though whether that would translate into long term success ?
Reply/Quote
Kapernick has always been an athlete who happens to line up at QB, not a real QB. Arm strength but no touch, zero reading of defenses, zero ability to fake out defenders and so on. Basically his postseason success all boiled down to Green Bay not being able to defend against running QBs.
Reply/Quote
Where are all those members now who were claiming they wanted kap in the first place and were mad when the Bengals took Dalton and the niners got kap with the very next pick?
Reply/Quote