Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kam Chancellor?
(08-04-2015, 12:18 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I was big on Iloka when the Bengals drafted him, and have remained a supporter the whole time, but I'm not so sure that you guys are being realistic.  

The only reason that I wouldn't trade him for Chancellor is that Chancellor is disgruntled and he's going to cost a shit ton of money.

They have two different styles though. If you asked Kam to do what Iloka does I don't think he would be as successful and Vice versa with Iloka. Don't get me wrong though I would trade for Kam just to see those two monsters work together.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Chancellor is my favorite safety in the league right now he's an absolute beast but with that said Iloka has come into his own the past few seasons and hasn't reached his ceiling yet so I'd stick with Iloka.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 01:53 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Chancellor is my favorite safety in the league right now he's an absolute beast but with that said Iloka has come into his own the past few seasons and hasn't reached his ceiling yet so I'd stick with Iloka.

I think the move would be more for Nelson who is getting older and close to end of contract but if they are tinkering with hall at saftey i might give that a go first.

But yeah i doubt to many fans of any team would be unhappy with kam on their team
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have Kam replace Nelson. I know some people are trying to downplay his talent because of Earl Thomas, but those people are nuts. The guy would be amazing for us. With that said, no to trading for him. He's already holding out 2 years after signing a 5 year extension.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 04:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd rather have Kam replace Nelson. I know some people are trying to downplay his talent because of Earl Thomas, but those people are nuts. The guy would be amazing for us. With that said, no to trading for him. He's already holding out 2 years after signing a 5 year extension.

Exactly. Kam is a physical freak and really is an enforcer in the secondary. I get it, Iloka plays for us but that doesnt mean he's the best safety in the league. Take off the rose colored glasses. He is an above average safety but I would rather have Kam back there really bringing a physical presence back there. I know we probably "can't afford" it but it's always fun to think about and discuss.
Reply/Quote
Believe it or not, defensive scheme matters when you're looking at potential free agents and/or trades.

If I were starting a fresh NFL team and had my choice of any safety in the league, Chancellor would be near the very top of my list without a doubt.

The Bengals roll with 2 coverage safeties in their defense nowadays, and we already have 2 of the better ones in the league. Surprisingly enough, they're both also capable of laying some big hits as well. They aren't the "physical enforcer" type like Kam, but that's not the type of guy we need in the current defensive scheme.

The fact that Chancellor would cost quite a bit more than either Nelson or Iloka would make the decision very easy IMO. We have value at S right now. Iloka's average salary was just over $500k per year and he's turned into one of the best coverage safeties in the league. I'd be extremely surprised if he gave the team a hard time about signing a reasonable, fair contract. Reggie Nelson has been quietly one of the better overall safeties in the league while making $4.5 million per year. Chancellor's average salary is just over $7 million per year and he's holding out for a new contract, you better be ready to pay for the cute nickname of Seattle's defensive backs if you want to sign any of those guys now.
Reply/Quote