Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Kamala Harris: Enjoy The Long Weekend
(06-08-2021, 11:34 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/trump-riot-death-medical-exainer/2021/04/07/53806608-97cf-11eb-a6d0-13d207aadb78_story.html

No comment on Antifa/BLM/Fauci losers and there damage.  Got it.

Just one snarky comment about natural causes.  Got it.

The riots got their time and I spoke my peace on them.

You want a follow up on that? Fine.

Protesting police brutality only to be met with police brutality only has very obvious outcome. And while I don't condone damages done or lives lost in said rioting (which made up a fraction of the BLM protests), they never once tried to go after duly elected officials with a gallows chanting how they were going to hang the Vice President or Speaker of the House.

But I get it - you're more comfortable with attempted coups than you are with a race of people being profiled and treated like garbage for 400 years. You do you, man. Doesn't exactly paint you in a great light to this rando on the internet, but I'm sure that doesn't bother you in the slightest.
Reply/Quote
Harris might want to take a long weekend and go to the border.  Lester Holt interview.  And people complain about Trump.   Hilarious LMAO
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 04:47 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Harris might want to take a long weekend and go to the border.  Lester Holt interview.  And people complain about Trump.   Hilarious LMAO

I trust ya, what was the damning zinger she dropped?  Sum it up, I'm busy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 03:44 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It doesn't make sense to you because you are looking at it in a vacuum.  I am looking at it from the last 4.5 years of hate spewing from both sides that led up to this.

Oh sure, both sides were less than pleasant in their choice of words these last few years. And before that, probably.
Only one side, however, actively encouraged insurrection attempts and then got rid of the people that had an issue with that.

(06-08-2021, 03:44 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I already know how 90+% of this board feels and leans.  I am not wasting my time "debating" the election.  I also did not make "wild claims" about anything.  I said, imo, there was a lot of weirdness and a bunch of inconsistencies that have never been answered.

Well, putting the election result in severe doubt is kind of a wild claim. Since you refuse to back this assertion up with anything but vagueness and the suggestion that you don't want to get into it any further because of name-calling and time waste and your family and whatnot, I keep seeing it as a wild claim.
One would think you'd be eager to share your smoking guns in that regard, but well, I guess you have nothing much but the feeling that the outcome should have been different and some tight-wing pundits that fuel this feeling with wild, unproven fraud claims of their own.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 05:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, putting the election result in severe doubt is kind of a wild claim. Since you refuse to back this assertion up with anything but vagueness and the suggestion that you don't want to get into it any further because of name-calling and time waste and your family and whatnot, I keep seeing it as a wild claim.
One would think you'd be eager to share your smoking guns in that regard, but well, I guess you have nothing much but the feeling that the outcome should have been different and some tight-wing pundits that fuel this feeling with wild, unproven fraud claims of their own.

Yeah, it's a bit much to use the "not sure but something shady is going on" claim when you're asserting that US democracy is quite possibly a complete farce.  The right-wingers can play the "we just want to look into this" claim all they want, but when they get into court they've had nothing to go by, so doubting the election was fair is a bit of a fringe position. It's like not being able to prove that your neighbor HASN'T killed 100 prostitutes when no one is looking. Big claims with big repercussions need big evidence. It's the difference between saying "I believe in god" versus "god told me to murder my entire family." There is a hot take for ya.

For me the notion that Americans doubt that America is even a fair democracy occurring at the same time Donald Trump becomes the face of a major political party is just a bit too coincidental to trust.  He said it was rigged when he won, he said it was rigged when he lost, he's going to say it's rigged before the 2024 election, and so on.  Either Trump is lying for his own benefit or we live in a country that is a complete farce...I'm not sure which side is the patriotic side to be on here.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 05:37 PM)Nately120. Wrote: It's like not being able to prove that your neighbor HASN'T killed 100 prostitutes when no one is looking.  Big claims with big repercussions need big evidence.  It's the difference between saying "I believe in god" versus "god told me to murder my entire family."  There is a hot take for ya.

For me the notion that Americans doubt that America is even a fair democracy occurring at the same time Donald Trump becomes the face of a major political party is just a bit too coincidental to trust.  He said it was rigged when he won, he said it was rigged when he lost, he's going to say it's rigged before the 2024 election, and so on.  Either Trump is lying for his own benefit or we live in a country that is a complete farce...I'm not sure which side is the patriotic side to be on here.

ThumbsUp to all this.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 06:24 PM)Dill Wrote: ThumbsUp to all this.

I guess I'm just having a moan about Trump but geez, the guy went from "Obama is from Kenya and I'll eventually prove it" to "Joe Biden isn't the actual president and I'll eventually prove it."  According to this guy, we are looking at 12+ years of fake presidents being elected.  That's a pretty big jab to take at this country...3+ terms of unconstitutionally and unfairly elected fakes since 2008. 13 years for Trump to back up his claims and his supporters continue to echo his assertions despite him not providing the proof he swears he has.

A former president, possible future president, and face of the most powerful political party in modern American history has people convinced our country spent 8 years with a falsely elected president in Obama and then after a single term reprieve where we came to our senses and elected him, 4+ years of Biden/Harris having stolen the election.  No wonder Americans want to declare war on each other.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 05:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh sure, both sides were less than pleasant in their choice of words these last few years. And before that, probably.
Only one side, however, actively encouraged insurrection attempts and then got rid of the people that had an issue with that.

Well, putting the election result in severe doubt is kind of a wild claim. Since you refuse to back this assertion up with anything but vagueness and the suggestion that you don't want to get into it any further because of name-calling and time waste and your family and whatnot, I keep seeing it as a wild claim.

No, actually, both sides along with the media having psycho hate for Trump is what led up to the Capital protest.

Cool bro, sounds good.  See above posts.  Not worth any amount of time.

Trump didn't convince of anything.  My own research left questions unanswered.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2021, 09:44 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: No, actually, both sides along with the media having psycho hate for Trump is what led up to the Capital protest.

So the thesis would be that if people just didn't dislike Trump so much Trump fans would not have stormed the Capitol.

That sounds highly illogical.

Unless, of course, you want to blame Biden voters in general. After all, if they hadn't voted for Biden in sufficient numbers no insurrection attempt would have felt necessary. But that sounds just as illogical.

(06-09-2021, 09:44 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Cool bro, sounds good.  See above posts.  Not worth any amount of time.

Trump didn't convince of anything.  My own research left questions unanswered.

Well, your call for sure. But as long as the only evidence/question you actually presented remains your impression that Biden should have gotten less votes because that's just your gut feeling, I see zero reason to take your impression into any account.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2021, 10:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: So the thesis would be that if people just didn't dislike Trump so much Trump fans would not have stormed the Capitol.

That sounds highly illogical.

Unless, of course, you want to blame Biden voters in general. After all, if they hadn't voted for Biden in sufficient numbers no insurrection attempt would have felt necessary. But that sounds just as illogical.

Well, your call for sure. But as long as the only evidence/question you actually presented remains your impression that Biden should have gotten less votes because that's just your gut feeling, I see zero reason to take your impression into any account.

No, I think most of the blame is on the media honestly.  If you just look at their psycho rage and hate they spewed by the minute you can see how people would be up in arms.  When half the Country is constantly being called names and told they are pieces of sh!t and racist biggots just because of who they voted for and the policies they wanted to see implemented that is a huge problem.  

If there was actually any semblance of fair coverage things would be a lot less divided.  Trump may very well have not fought the media like he did if they were acting with any integrity instead of like psycho left wing nuts for 4.5 years.  Didn't some lady just say she dreams about killing white people?  Effed up stuff man.  

Sorry you cannot see any of that.  Trump bad orange racist.  grunt grunt.  Still waiting for someone to show me an actual racist quote from Trump that you don't have to read super deep into to maybe, kinda, sorta, possibly find a racist tinge.

You know what I can find, actual racist quotes from Dems toward Scott.

As far as the election, you are not listening to me.  I said, after I did my own research, there are a lot of things that happened and that do not add up that have never been answered.  It's pretty simple.  I never said it was stolen.  I said questions need to be answered that nobody seems to have the answers to.  Not saying anything more.  Interpret that however you want.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2021, 11:13 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: No, I think most of the blame is on the media honestly.  If you just look at their psycho rage and hate they spewed by the minute you can see how people would be up in arms.  When half the Country is constantly being called names and told they are pieces of sh!t and racist biggots just because of who they voted for and the policies they wanted to see implemented that is a huge problem.  

Mick, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that Trump's own behavior was not the cause of his own bad press. Is that right? E.g. like the press calling out his lies is entirely disconnected from Trump lying in the first place? Just a kind of name calling?

E.g., if he got bad press early on for amplifying the birther lie, it was not because he showed poor judgment trying to de-legitimize our first African American president with a conspiracy theory, but because of media "psycho hate." His support for the death penalty for the Central Park five, even after DNA had exonerated them, was not an especially bad thing? And all the accusations against him of sexual harassment and rape, which he dismissed by insulting his accusers. And I don't think even Nixon and Agnew were as verbally abusive of the press and their political opponents as Trump was. People should be "up in arms" if bad behavior is condemned in the press?

The "media" is not just the MSM. Remember that you also have a right wing media "spewing" disinformation about Trump's opponents. He jumped into a political environment in which millions of Fox viewers had been primed for two decades to dismiss the more responsible MSM, and you don't think that influenced his strategy from the get go, disparaging the free press to court that audience?

Fox was rather like official state news under Trump. Fox commentators could influence him directly through their programs. That is unprecedented and dangerous. The captain of the U.S. ship of state takes sailing advice from people who have never sailed.

Worse, Fox and OANN amplified Trump's big lie that the election was stolen, leading to the Capitol breach on 1/6. There was a moment when Fox began honestly reporting Biden had won the election and the election was not fraudulent, but then they began to lose audience mass and shifted back. Now, once again, they are the news organ of a party still under Trump's control.  

I'm surprised you find none of this disturbing. 

And what of continued support for Trump, as he continues to push the big lie after the Capitol riots and after he clearly attempted to coerce state officials to alter election results, and as spurious, illegal recounts continue in AZ and are threatened in PA and GA which will surely destabilize future elecrtions--why isn't that a "big problem"?  
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2021, 11:13 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: If there was actually any semblance of fair coverage things would be a lot less divided.   

If people stopped rewarding for-profit news sources for telling them that they are right and the other side is evil and must be stopped then there would actually be some fair coverage out there.  

Americans don't want fair news, they want to be told they are right and they want to be told they are under attack.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2021, 02:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If people stopped rewarding for-profit news sources for telling them that they are right and the other side is evil and must be stopped then there would actually be some fair coverage out there.  

Americans don't want fair news, they want to be told they are right and they want to be told they are under attack.

That's the problem when you only have 2 parties.

It's a rivalry and not politics.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2021, 04:12 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: That's the problem when you only have 2 parties.

Meh, in that case people will tune into the news that trashes the 2+ parties they don't agree with. 
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2021, 04:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, in that case people will tune into the news that trashes the 2+ parties they don't agree with. 

Maybe but as a person you are not affiliated to one peticular party during all your life. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2021, 11:13 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: No, I think most of the blame is on the media honestly.  If you just look at their psycho rage and hate they spewed by the minute you can see how people would be up in arms.  When half the Country is constantly being called names and told they are pieces of sh!t and racist biggots just because of who they voted for and the policies they wanted to see implemented that is a huge problem.  

If there was actually any semblance of fair coverage things would be a lot less divided.

I agree to a large extent. US-American media is horrible, deeply opinionated, partisan, full of bad faith arguments, confirmation bias, deliberate misinformation, spinning, yeah I can see all that. It's dystopian really.

That being said. Trump is the guy that gets created in such an atmosphere, and it's not him adapting, it's his personality being a good fit. He is deply polarizing. And people do not psycho hate him just because the media tells them to, that is way too simple an explanation. He mainly gets hated because he is a colossal ass.

The democrat-leaning media sure sends reminders out again and again. it's not like they would be lieing about him though. He says and does incredibly incediary and shitty things and that is not CNN's fault.

(06-09-2021, 11:13 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Trump may very well have not fought the media like he did if they were acting with any integrity instead of like psycho left wing nuts for 4.5 years.  Didn't some lady just say she dreams about killing white people?  Effed up stuff man. 

Haven't heard of that instance. But yeah, to enrage my liberal friends I will say this, if you're black and possibly a black woman, you apparently can say whatever nonsense you wish on the networks and no one will ever interfere or contradict you. That is truely amazing, and I heard some truely amazing stuff (albeit the one thing you mentionend, I did not).

(06-09-2021, 11:13 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Sorry you cannot see any of that.

Guess to a large extent, I can. I just can't go as far as to call the bad press Trump gets simply slander. Again, he is a colossal ass, and that is on him and not on CNN et al.

(06-09-2021, 11:13 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Trump bad orange racist.  grunt grunt.  Still waiting for someone to show me an actual racist quote from Trump that you don't have to read super deep into to maybe, kinda, sorta, possibly find a racist tinge.

I call him a racist, even while usually being careful to throw that around. And I feel you and partners in your ideological spectrum do a lot of spinning to deny that.
Just as an example, he told congresswomen of color to go back where they came from, something that is clearly of racist intent (since it would never get said to a white dude). The list of similar sayings is long and disturbing, eg. he spun the racially motivated birther lie. But yeah, as you just said - sorry you cannot see any of that.

(06-09-2021, 11:13 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: As far as the election, you are not listening to me.  I said, after I did my own research, there are a lot of things that happened and that do not add up that have never been answered.  It's pretty simple.  I never said it was stolen.  I said questions need to be answered that nobody seems to have the answers to.  Not saying anything more.  Interpret that however you want.

You would never have posed any of your 'questions' if Trump had won.
The line between "it's questionable", "it's fishy" and "it's stolen" is pretty blurry.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2021, 04:12 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: That's the problem when you only have 2 parties.

Yeah that I see as the main root of the problem too and it's worth repeating. A two-party system creates such deep rifts and trenches and such a bipolar and polarized political landscape. People spending their lifetime just collecting points for your own team in a never ending game of mistrust and hatred where truth goes to die.

Not that our countries are that great in that regard though. But it's not that bad.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2021, 05:17 PM)hollodero Wrote: You would never have posed any of your 'questions' if Trump had won.
The line between "it's questionable", "it's fishy" and "it's stolen" is pretty blurry.

Trump said the 2016 election was rigged, yet I don't see many of his supporters screaming for them to look into the unanswered questions of that election.  Anywho, this is all nothing new.

The media made Nixon look bad in 1960, the media turned Americans against LBJ and the Vietnam war, the media made Barry Goldwater look crazy, the media forced a liberaral agenda down our throats by showing MLK's funeral, the media skirted Reagan's mental decline during the 84 election and his second term, the media made Dan Quayle into a giant joke, the media made Monica Lewinski more recognizable to Americans than Bob Dole and Al Gore combined, the media even got that bastard Bill Clinton elected because they let a 3rd party candidate on TV in Ross Perot who took away enough votes from Bush to wreck everything.

The media legitimized TV star Trump's evidence-free assurances that our sitting president was born in a mud hut in Kenya.  Damn that media...it's like heroin, we complain about it but we are hooked.  People who think a guy like Donald Trump is just what this country needs complaining about the media? That's rich.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2021, 02:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If people stopped rewarding for-profit news sources for telling them that they are right and the other side is evil and must be stopped then there would actually be some fair coverage out there.  

That's because we have become a bunch of stupid, brainless dolts who think everything is racist and everyone is against them.

What's really sad is that the more "educated intellectuals" seem to be the most removed from reality.  They just sit and write 50 page thesis thinking they are super smart, when in reality they have no clue. 

People have gone straight stoooopid.

https://worldnewzinfo.com/usa/virginia-mother-who-survived-maoist-china-eviscerates-faculty-boards-crucial-race-concept-push/
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 09:49 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That's because we have become a bunch of stupid, brainless dolts who think everything is racist and everyone is against them.

What's really sad is that the more "educated intellectuals" seem to be the most removed from reality.  They just sit and write 50 page thesis thinking they are super smart, when in reality they have no clue. 

People have gone straight stoooopid.

https://worldnewzinfo.com/usa/virginia-mother-who-survived-maoist-china-eviscerates-faculty-boards-crucial-race-concept-push/

You are the king of insisting that tired and unfounded talking points are both new and substantial. 

I gave examples of people whining about the evil media for generations and you keep insisting that peoole just magically turned selfish and stupid overnight.  Oh and let's get a standard dig in at college folks for good measure.  I'm sure whatever path you took in your adult life made you worse, too. 
Reply/Quote