Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kansas City Won FA
Why did they win?

They protected the biggest asset of the franchise and money wasn't an obstacle. Are they a big market team ?
No. Paul Brown drafted an offensive center first! Now why would he do that? He knew that you built a dynasty from the inside out! That's why he'll forever be legendary to me.
Reply/Quote
The game is different now, and some of Paul Brown’s Bengals drafts were terrible.
Reply/Quote
The game has changed, but if theres no doubt where the game is won these days:

1. QB
2. OL
3. DL

If you're strong in these areas, you're going to win a lot of games.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:48 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The game is different now, and some of Paul Brown’s Bengals drafts were terrible.

He sired Mike too... That's gotta dock a coupla points.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
What constitutes as winning? We haven’t seen any of their newly signed players touch the field in a KC uniform.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 05:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The game has changed, but if theres no doubt where the game is won these days:

1.  QB
2.  OL
3.  DL

If you're strong in these areas, you're going to win a lot of games.

I would have agreed that things are this simple 15 years ago.

Things have legitimately flipped on their head. The offensive and defensive backfields and outside skill positions are more important now than they have ever been before, and according to many advanced metrics they are now more valuable than both lines. Nobody is required to accept that as gospel, but the arguments can be found in many places. They should be examined before being discarded.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 05:32 PM)jason Wrote: He sired Mike too... That's gotta dock a coupla points.

I wonder how many times Paul said this:

[Image: 247670546978bef79046794a9e6360c9.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:48 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The game is different now, and some of Paul Brown’s Bengals drafts were terrible.

Really, cuz the super bowl champs boasted one of the best offensive lines in the game u really think an over the hill gronk and Antonio brown is why they won. No it’s cuz they had Brady and he was protected. And look at the chiefs their almost a dynasty with Mahomes but they just recently lost in the super bowl y is that they have tho they have allllllll these weapons how could they lose. Because they didn’t do a good enough job protecting their qb. So as I’ve said before what do the good franchises do they protect their franchise and sure enough without any hesitation the chiefs did that and that’s y they will be back in the ship. And probably win it next year. Ur weapons don’t matter if u can’t keep the d off ur qb if kc isn’t a perfect example of that Idk how else to break down something so simple to u boys from the short bus. U say the game is changing.... I still see the path to success the same way. Build inside out and protect ur franchise first and foremost. Period. It’s immature to think chase at 5 in our current situation. Folks in here need to grow up.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 07:10 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Really,  cuz the super bowl champs boasted one of the best offensive lines in the game u really think an over the hill gronk and Antonio brown is why they won.  No it’s cuz they had Brady and he was protected.  And look at the chiefs their almost a dynasty with Mahomes but they just recently lost in the super bowl y is that they have tho they have allllllll these weapons how could they lose.  Because they didn’t do a good enough job protecting their qb.  So as I’ve said before what do the good franchises do they protect their franchise and sure enough without any hesitation the chiefs did that and that’s y they will be back in the ship.  And probably win it next year.  Ur weapons don’t matter if u can’t keep the d off ur qb if kc isn’t a perfect example of that Idk how else to break down something so simple to u boys from the short bus.  U say the game is changing.... I still see the path to success the same way.  Build inside out and protect ur franchise first and foremost.  Period.  It’s immature to think chase at 5 in our current situation.  Folks in here need to grow up.

I would suggest that, before you tell other people to grow up, you spell the word "you" instead of "U". It makes you look like a teenager. *yells at cloud*

Tampa had a good line. Kansas City had an injury-ravaged line. It hurt them in the Super Bowl.

They played in the Super Bowl.

Constant comparisons to the participants in the freaking championship game of the entire league are not valid next to a team picking in the top five of the draft. It's all trash logic, and it's very lazy.
Reply/Quote
They gave up the farm for Orlando brown. It cost them so much for 1 player that if he gets hurt and misses serious time it’s going to cost them a lot more than time.
Reply/Quote
A - they got brown via trade, not FA
B - their now-starting RT has the same PFF grade as Jonah Williams and a lower grade than the guy we signed (Reiff), and is on a 1-yr deal.
C - they cut their two best OTs in the offseason. Fisher and Schwartz (if healthy) is better than Brown and Remmers.

Bottom line, even with the addition of Thuney and giving up the farm for Brown, I’m not sure they’re that much better than they were last year when healthy.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 09:15 PM)shanebo Wrote: A - they got brown via trade, not FA
B - their now-starting RT has the same PFF grade as Jonah Williams and a lower grade than the guy we signed (Reiff), and is on a 1-yr deal.
C - they cut their two best OTs in the offseason. Fisher and Schwartz (if healthy) is better than Brown and Remmers.

Bottom line, even with the addition of Thuney and giving up the farm for Brown, I’m not sure they’re that much better than they were last year when healthy.

Not to mention KCC lost a very good starting Center. 

I'm not sure what they won,,,they got worse
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'd say chargers did, when it comes to OL help, and protecting the franchise. So far this offseeason. There's still time (draft, TC cuts, etc)
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Don't you know? They won because they made big, splashy moves that fit the narrative the OP is pushing. It's that simple.
Reply/Quote
Part of why they "won" FA is because:
1) They already had a stacked roster, as they've made the past two Super Bowls and won one of them.
2) People like to go play for teams that are contenders over rebuilding teams unless the money is (substantially) higher.

They really didn't need to add weapons, as they already had Hill, Kelce, Hardman, and Edwards-Helaire.
The have a good DL and safeties.

Addressing OL was the most logical choice.

The Bengals, on the other hand, had way more needs compared to the Chiefs, so they could (and did) go in different ways in regards to FA.
If they had some foresight and willingness, they could have realized they would have had $15+ mill more to work with than they actually spent, so they could have made a bit more effort to get someone like Thuney, Zeitler, or Linsley.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 07:10 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Really,  cuz the super bowl champs boasted one of the best offensive lines in the game u really think an over the hill gronk and Antonio brown is why they won.  No it’s cuz they had Brady and he was protected.  And look at the chiefs their almost a dynasty with Mahomes but they just recently lost in the super bowl y is that they have tho they have allllllll these weapons how could they lose.  Because they didn’t do a good enough job protecting their qb.  So as I’ve said before what do the good franchises do they protect their franchise and sure enough without any hesitation the chiefs did that and that’s y they will be back in the ship.  And probably win it next year.  Ur weapons don’t matter if u can’t keep the d off ur qb if kc isn’t a perfect example of that Idk how else to break down something so simple to u boys from the short bus.  U say the game is changing.... I still see the path to success the same way.  Build inside out and protect ur franchise first and foremost.  Period.  It’s immature to think chase at 5 in our current situation.  Folks in here need to grow up.

Their awesome Defense certainly played a legitimate part
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 05:32 PM)jason Wrote: He sired Mike too... That's gotta dock a coupla points.

Talk about a first round bust...

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:15 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Why did they win?

They protected the biggest asset of the franchise and money wasn't an obstacle. Are they a big market team ?
No. Paul Brown drafted an offensive center first! Now why would he do that? He knew that you built a dynasty from the inside out! That's why he'll forever be legendary to me.

Usually the winner of FA loses the season.
Reply/Quote