Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kansas City overwhelmingly votes to remove Martin Luther King's name from historic st
(11-08-2019, 01:36 PM)Dill Wrote: Not sure exactly what the "bullshit" refers to in your #2.

We know.
(11-08-2019, 12:14 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is logic.  Logic confuses some people.

This forum is a fascinating case study in selective outrage/blindness.

LOL isn't it though? 

Fortunately there are some on hand ready to explain/demonstrate logical confusion,
not just "call out bs."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-08-2019, 01:36 PM)Dill Wrote: Not sure exactly what the "bullshit" refers to in your #2. SSF doesn't have a long track record of projecting false "positions" onto posters and then "calling them out"? That's an empirical question settled by a quick check of the record, but would take us off topic. And incur Mod disapproval. I'll go there, though, if it settles the issue for you. 

It referred to the quote that I put a 2. in front of as my response of bullshit started with #2.  You'll get know argument from me that Dino and SSF have a history of back and forth. Hell there's a member in this forum who simply posts "ignore the troll" every time he disagrees with one of my positions. Of course we don't have a back and forth because as soon as I told him to shove his constant insults I received a 1 month time out. So I've learned that he has free reign to do so as he has continued since my return from Timeout.

There are other examples but as you say it may incur mod disapproval; however, probably only one of us would be subject to timeout.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-08-2019, 02:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It referred to the quote that I put a 2. in front of as my response of bullshit started with #2.  You'll get know argument from me that Dino and SSF have a history of back and forth. Hell there's a member in this forum who simply posts "ignore the troll" every time he disagrees with one of my positions. Of course we don't have a back and forth because as soon as I told him to shove his constant insults I received a 1 month time out. So I've learned that he has free reign to do so as he has continued since my return from Timeout.

There are other examples but as you say it may incur mod disapproval; however, probably only one of us would be subject to timeout.

Well that is somewhat clearer. My point was not that there are no other examples of bad behavior. "This" in my post refers to the practice of constructing arguments out of one's own inner turmoil/anger and then projecting them on others. I have not seen anyone do that so consistently and for so long as the poster referenced.

I am not denying that you have been treated unfairly.  Were I to make such a claim you could easily refute it with reference to at least two times in recent memory that I have dissented on your behalf, disputing disrespectful and ungrounded characterizations of you--this despite the fact I myself frequently disagree with you. I have generally found your arguments to be focused on topic/subject matter, not people. If you have fallen short of that ideal, I'm pretty sure it has been response to repeated personal provocations and "piling on."  Both sides need more patience when dealing with the other side.
(11-08-2019, 03:24 PM)Dill Wrote: Well that is somewhat clearer. My point was not that there are no other examples of bad behavior. "This" in my post refers to the practice of constructing arguments out of one's own inner turmoil/anger and then projecting them on others. I have not seen anyone do that so consistently and for so long as the poster referenced.

I am not denying that you have been treated unfairly.  Were I to make such a claim you could easily refute it with reference to at least two times in recent memory that I have dissented on your behalf, disputing disrespectful and ungrounded characterizations of you--this despite the fact I myself frequently disagree with you. I have generally found your arguments to be focused on topic/subject matter, not people. If you have fallen short of that ideal, I'm pretty sure it has been response to repeated personal provocations and "piling on."  Both sides need more patience when dealing with the other side.

I agree and you are not one who engages in such tactics (as a norm), but let's not pretend it isn't a tactic that is more widespread than "SSF's treatment of Dino" and that is why I said bullshit when you suggested it was. i don't know if both sides need "more patience" but there should be unbaised condemnation when one poster decides to "make it personal" and SSF far from monopolizes that practice.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-08-2019, 02:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bullshit started with #2.

Isn't that how it always starts?

A little "Potty" humor to lighten things up, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(11-08-2019, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree and you are not one who engages in such tactics (as a norm), but let's not pretend it isn't a tactic that is more widespread than "SSF's treatment of Dino" and that is why I said bullshit when you suggested it was. i don't know if both sides need "more patience" but there should be unbaised condemnation when one poster decides to "make it personal" and SSF far from monopolizes that practice.

Well I accept your "bullshit" then and agree there should be unbiased condemnation when any poster decides to make it personal.

Also, I think some posters have difficulty telling the difference between personal and impersonal; when the issue arises, it might be helpful to explain the difference first before condemning someone.