Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kapernick, Luck and Dalton
(11-03-2015, 09:29 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I gotta jump in here. What does that really mean??  Anderson and Esaison both made it to the SB.

Nobody remembers that or cares, but they were great QBs.

Dan Marino played in a SB but never won. Still a great QB.

This 'measuring stick' of how many playoff games one wins is a joke, IMHO.

Trent Dilfer WON a SB. How many people will remember that or him?

Not many, because he wasn't a great QB.

Eli Manning won 2 SBs, both times as a WC team backing into the playoffs, and he is one of the most inconsistent QBs in the NFL.

Kenny Anderson said he can't understand why anyone would bash Dalton.  He said, concerning Dalton, "This kid is on his fifth year and will probably see his fifth playoff year, one more than I saw in 16 years!  You don't have any chance to win a SB UNLESS you make the playoffs."

Nice perspective Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:47 PM)Whacked Wrote: Nice perspective Wink

If you guys are just happy with him being known as a good QB that sucks. I want a ring to shine with that new hair gel.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:23 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm not 100% certain about a lot of things in life, but I'm 100% certain that this absolutely isn't true anymore.

Over the last 15 years the AFC North is the toughest division in football.

4 Superbowl wins from 2 different teams. 5 appearances. Multiple AFC Championship games played. Multiple teams in the playoffs, sometimes 3 out of 4.

3 of 4 teams typically 8-8 or better.

It's not even close to what the best division in football is. I would even venture to guess that the AFC North teams lose out of their division less than most other divisions, especially the division's top 3 teams.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:40 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Because as a fan of the Bengals I would like a Super bowl before I die. Without winning a conference game you can not got to the Super bowl. If you are just after notoriety then that's crazy.
And when people talk about Dilfer they talk about how a mediocre QB can lead you to a SB. Lets get there before we knock others who have.

I can go "to the house" with or without a SB.  If I would even consider it on the bucket list, it would be very close to the bottom.

I'd rather see it for Marvin, JB, and the players they have now.

Being a Browns fan from about 1963 to 1968, converting to a Bengals fan when they came to town, this has been the best stretch of Bengals football ever.

The Made the playoffs 3 times on the 70s, 3 times in the 80s, once in the 90s (1990), and then will probably be 7 times in the last 11 years.

Just being able, thanks to DTV,  to watch them every week, knowing they have a chance to win every time they play is a blessing.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:53 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: If you guys are just happy with him being known as a good QB that sucks. I want a ring to shine with that new hair gel.

We all want the championship.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:59 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I can go "to the house" with or without a SB.  If I would even consider it on the bucket list, it would be very close to the bottom.

I'd rather see it for Marvin, JB, and the players they have now.

Being a Browns fan from about 1963 to 1968, converting to a Bengals fan when they came to town, this has been the best stretch of Bengals football ever.

The Made the playoffs 3 times on the 70s, 3 times in the 80s, once in the 90s (1990), and then will probably be 7 times in the last 11 years.

Just being able, thanks to DTV,  to watch them every week, knowing they have a chance to win every time they play is a blessing.

Well at least you got to see them in a SB. I would like to see a playoff win at least.(Im 28) This will be the year!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:01 PM)Baby Hawk Wrote: We all want the championship.  

If we manage to go, who do you think has the best shot at meeting us there? Green bay? Carolina?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:53 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: If you guys are just happy with him being known as a good QB that sucks. I want a ring to shine with that new hair gel.

So you'd rather be miserable and piss and moan, rather than root on the hand (team) that the coaches deal us.

If winning a SB is your life's goal, then become a Pats fan, because, to be honest, as much as I want the Bengals to win, and will root for until them until the last second of every game, I have a sneaking suspicion that Brady will make history and win his fifth.

Ive been watching football since Bart Start, and I can tell you that no QB comes close to Bradys football talent and intellect. No one.  Ive never seen any other QB be able to do what he does with, for the most part, average talent and weapons.

That's why it frustrates me when I hear someone compare other QBs to him. It's unfair to the other QBs.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:04 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Well at least you got to see them in a SB. I would like to see a playoff win at least.(Im 28) This will be the year!

Nobody remembers the losers except for the Bills and Vikings because they lost all 4 they played in.

For me, getting there and losing, was, in some ways, just as frustrating as one and done!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:08 PM)Whacked Wrote: Luck = Major regression

Colin = Just got benched

AD = 4 playoffs in a row and 7-0 and leading the NFL in a few QB categories

YO AD Haters ....... Where u at?

/Thread

I think most of us have been careful not to beat our chests or try to tear down his tremendous play this season. If Andy wins a playoff game, then I will retract every negative comment I've ever made about him and start with a clean slate.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:07 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: If we manage to go, who do you think has the best shot at meeting us there? Green bay? Carolina?

Arizona looks good as well.  But with half the season to go and then the NFC playoffs, I sure don't know.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:21 PM)Utts Wrote: I think most of us have been careful not to beat our chests or try to tear down his tremendous play this season. If Andy wins a playoff game, then I will retract every negative comment I've ever made about him and start with a clean slate.

So, in your mind, you agree with the talking heads, that one playoff win = all the great games he's had in the past, the franchise records he has already set, in 4 years time, leading a team TO the playoffs more than ANY OTHER Bengal QB????

As far as last year's playoff game, the only QB that could have possibly won with the receiving corp Dalton had, was Tom Brady!  Period!!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: So you'd rather be miserable and piss and moan, rather than root on the hand (team) that the coaches deal us.

If winning a SB is your life's goal, then become a Pats fan, because, to be honest, as much as I want the Bengals to win, and will root for until them until the last second of every game, I have a sneaking suspicion that Brady will make history and win his fifth.

Ive been watching football since Bart Start, and I can tell you that no QB comes close to Bradys football talent and intellect. No one.  Ive never seen any other QB be able to do what he does with, for the most part, average talent and weapons.

That's why it frustrates me when I hear someone compare other QBs to him. It's unfair to the other QBs.
 How dare you. I would never ever ever be a Pats fan... Cannot stand bandwagons. I will root for the bengals because I was born here. No reason not to want a Championship for this team. WTF are we talking about here? Im sure the whole team would rather have a ring than be known as a "good" player.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:13 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Yeah team sport. You still have to have someone to throw the ball.

You still need someone to catch the ball, you still need someone to block, you still need someone to tackle, you still need someone to kick.

We can go on and on which makes my point.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:38 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote:  How dare you. I would never ever ever be a Pats fan... Cannot stand bandwagons. I will root for the bengals because I was born here. No reason not to want a Championship for this team. WTF are we talking about here? Im sure the whole team would rather have a ring than be known as a "good" player.

Do you think Dan Marino, Kenny Anderson, Jim Kelly, and Boomer Esaison are disappointed in their stats and recognition as a good player, because they didn't get a ring?

There's only one champion per year!!!

Again, Anderson had 4 chances in 16 years, Boomer had 3 chances in 14 years.  (Well at least they 'played' in a SB!)  So what??  They lost.  No ring.

Yes, playing in a SB bolsters their stats and record as being a 'good player'!!!!

Football is their job.

They have a life and family just like you and I do.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:46 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: You still need someone to catch the ball, you still need someone to block, you still need someone to tackle, you still need someone to kick.

We can go on and on which makes my point.

Not really. We are talking about the QB, the "General of the field". No half ass Qb is going to the SB just cause the defense is that dominate. With your logic you would say Brady was just a small part in all those championships? I think not.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:52 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Do you think Dan Marino, Kenny Anderson, Jim Kelly, and Boomer Esaison are disappointed in their stats and recognition as a good player, because they didn't get a ring?

There's only one champion per year!!!

Again, Anderson had 4 chances in 16 years, Boomer had 3 chances in 14 years.  (Well at least they 'played' in a SB!)  So what??  They lost.  No ring.

Yes, playing in a SB bolsters their stats and record as being a 'good player'!!!!

Football is their job.

They have a life and family just like you and I do.

They have said many times they wish they had a ring. The other announcers rubbing their rings in their faces. Im sure it feels great not to have one.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:55 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Not really. We are talking about the QB, the "General of the field". No half ass Qb is going to the SB just cause the defense is that dominate. With your logic you would say Brady was just a small part in all those championships? I think not.

Baltimore anyone?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:58 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Baltimore anyone?

If you are talking Dilfer he was not that bad. You put Sanchez on that team and see what happens.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:59 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: If you are talking Dilfer he was not that bad. You put Sanchez on that team and see what happens.

You mean the Sanchez with the 94.3 playoff rating vs Dilfer's 66.0?  

Dilfer averaged 43% completion rating 4 TDs and 4 picks in his 6 playoff games.  Sanchez had 9 TDs and 3 picks in his.

Yeah.   Sanchez would have really been a downgrade.  
Reply/Quote