Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karl Joseph
My God. I waited awhile before going and watching his highlights. All the talking heads said how he would just jump off the screen. And boy howdy does he. Ive seen annonymous sources say he was the best DB in the draft. If he didnt tear that ACL i think we would see plenty of him mocked in the first half of round one.

We lost a leader in Reggie Nelson. I know we have Shawn Williams but he is entering the final year of his deal. As well as Kirkpatrick. We made Iloka a high paid safety. I doubt we pay two. I could see us trying to keep kirk since we value corners more highly.

Drafting Karl Joseph at 24 injects a whole new level of ruckus in our D. I think this could be the suprise curve ball we all get on draft day. Im sure the steelers are drooling at the opportunity to get him at 25.

He could be similar to Ogbuehi. A guy we have ranked very highly who just isnt quite ready yet and drops. We have the bodies to not have to rush him.

This is a tone setter that could really push our D to the next level. I liked Reggie. But Karl could be him and much more.

Getting the best player at his position is something i like in the first round. Just so happens we have a need at S too.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he has some nastiness to him. I wouldn't mind him in black and orange.

Hope the Hair pullers don't draft him.
Reply/Quote
Joseph is one of my favorite defensive players in the entire draft. I'd be extremely happy with him on our team. Reminds me of Nelson. Unfortunately I don't think our team views safety as even remotely a need at all, so the position will most likely be ignored.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd be great with him at #24. A safer bet than Jaylon Smith, I would guess.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 08:22 PM)Shady Wrote: I'd be great with him at #24. A safer bet than Jaylon Smith, I would guess.

No nerve damage. And an injury that occured about 2 months before Ogbuehi's i believe.

I havent seen it myself but from the reports (Dr James Andrews) he is ahead of schedule. Word from Karls mouth is he will be ready for training camp.

Havent heard any concerns like Jaylon. Sounds like a clean tear and repair like Ogbuehi from my arm chair.

Impact player difference making best player at his position should tempt us at 24. Supposedly we had him in for a visit too.
Reply/Quote
This guy has Pitt written all over him. I like him but he just looks like a flag machine with all the head shots.
Reply/Quote
We need someone like this. Could be better than Nelson.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 02:18 AM)TKUHL Wrote: This guy has Pitt written all over him. I like him but he just looks like a flag machine with all the head shots.

He looks like he could be the polamalu type they have been missing.

Let Iloka play deep like he is best at. Let joseph turn into the play making monster safety we have been wanting since our days of facing ed reed and polamalu 4 times a year.

Hell reggie got flags if the hit was clean. We will get them no matter what. Joseph would be a mental obstacle for opposing offenses.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 02:45 AM)jeremydc Wrote: We need someone like this. Could be better than Nelson.

Pickman already brings a little bit of an edge to the secondary. Joseph would amplify that and bring it to the middle of our D. Burfict and joseph in the middle just playing mean. I think our D could be really special.
Reply/Quote
Holy **** how have I not heard of this guy? We would be lucky to have him, and I'm amazed there has been no talk about him. Slim chance we get him but damn pair that kid with Burfict and we would be feared by all.
Reply/Quote
A few mocks drafts have us taking him in the second round due to his ACL tear. If he is there, I'd take him.

First, would rather have a WR or Billings

Reply/Quote
KJ Dillon his running mate at WVU is also pretty good.

That being said I would love Joseph... but Dillon could be someone later if we don't get him.   

Marvin did say in his interview with Lance that safety was really deep.  Maybe this is the year we get one higher than the 4th or 5th round . 
Reply/Quote
I get nervous when I read a scouting report that talks about great physicality, jarring hitter; but does not list excellent tackler as one of his attributes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Joseph is a guy I wouldn't really be mad about at all. He's not someone I've studied as much, but I've watched some and liked what I saw. I'm just not super high on him.

If the Bengals take him, I'll have to watch a lot more tape on him.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 06:46 AM)jeremydc Wrote: A few mocks drafts have us taking him in the second round due to his ACL tear. If he is there, I'd take him.

First, would rather have a WR or Billings

If we grab Joseph in the 2nd I'd be ecstatic. The injury is literally the only thing that could cause him to slide and all medical checks have been clean. If he doesn't go in the first he'll be gone in the top half of the 2nd for sure. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I would cry of joy getting this guy in the 2nd but I see now way he makes it that far. I'd be happy if we got him in the 1st, and grab Boyd in the 2nd.

Joseph or billings in the 1st takes our D to a level of nasty that we've never had.

Teams would dread having to play us
Reply/Quote
This guy is so damn good at putting his head on the football and creating turnovers. Big time hitter as well.

I actually would be happy with him at 24 even if it is not a huge need. That is how much i like Karl Joseph.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This guy is so damn good at putting his head on the football and creating turnovers. Big time hitter as well.

I actually would be happy with him at 24 even if it is not a huge need. That is how much i like Karl Joseph.

I see alot of Brian dawkins, or dare I say my favorite saftey of all time Sean taylor. How are his coverage skills?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This guy is so damn good at putting his head on the football and creating turnovers. Big time hitter as well.

Exactly how I feel, not a big need, but he would be an outstanding pick. We could do a lot worse than Karl Joseph at 24
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 04:02 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: I see alot of Brian dawkins, or dare I say my favorite saftey of all time Sean taylor. How are his coverage skills?

I see some Dawkins and Sean Taylor was probably my fave Safety as well. Smaller than Taylor obviously. Hits the same though.

I heard he isn't bad in coverage, not great either but we could work on that.

(04-26-2016, 04:13 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Exactly how I feel, not a big need, but he would be an outstanding pick. We could do a lot worse than Karl Joseph at 24

For sure, he is a game changing type of Safety. Puts the hat on the ball like nobody i have seen in a long time.
Reply/Quote