Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karlos Dansby is about to rek people
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Dansby-wants-knock-on-Hall-door/ca86d532-beb0-4147-85af-61bef953c4c5

Saw this article on the Bengals site. Thought I'd share it.

If there's one thing I have a positive outlook on this year, its been bringing in Karlos Dansby.

I think he has his best year with the Bengals. He hasn't been on a defense this rock solid since his Arizona days.

And best of all, he has a reason to take it to Rapethisburger and this god damned Steelers.
Reply/Quote
For years, I've been claiming that the LB Corps was the only thing keeping the Bengal defense from perfection. It just may be with the addition of a consummate professional like Carlos Dansby, that the LBs will officially be a wrecking crew to be feared by all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I figured it was, but I only read a few sentences before I confirmed it was another Hobspin fluff piece.

Karlos Dansby in the Hall of Fame? C'mon son! I think he'll help the Bengals this year, but the guy has 0 Pro Bowls, 0 1st Team All-Pros, 0 DPOY, 0 MVP, 0 Super Bowl Rings, and 1 2nd Team All-Pro. It isn't going to happen. Silly premise.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For years, I've been claiming that the LB Corps was the only thing keeping the Bengal defense from perfection.  

the LBs will officially be a wrecking crew to be feared by all.

Nick Vigil not only approves, but IS this message.
Reply/Quote
"For years, I've been claiming that the LB Corps was the only thing keeping the Bengal defense from perfection. It just may be with the addition of a consummate professional like Carlos Dansby, that the LBs will officially be a wrecking crew to be feared by all. "

Tarheel.........think of this front 7 week 4 thru 20:

Karlos, Rey M, Vontaze

Carlos   Geno   Billings    MJ

Paul G has to be licking his chops..........WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
Like that Dansby is stating that Vigil reminds him of himself.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Believe a great year by him and Bengals could give him a shot at HOF still.

Like he said though, probably needs that INT to get him to the 40-20 club.

Plus a SB win from Bengals will help ice that cake.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Serious question, but why did the Browns and Cardinals let him walk? He may have just refused to play for the Browns, though.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 08:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I figured it was, but I only read a few sentences before I confirmed it was another Hobspin fluff piece.

Karlos Dansby in the Hall of Fame? C'mon son! I think he'll help the Bengals this year, but the guy has 0 Pro Bowls, 0 1st Team All-Pros, 0 DPOY, 0 MVP, 0 Super Bowl Rings, and 1 2nd Team All-Pro. It isn't going to happen. Silly premise.
We know he has something left in the tank. The AJ Hawk experience still rubs me the wrong way. I know, it's not comparable (AJ was already on a decline) but relying on a 35+ aged player at any position is scary , no matter the previous season.

Reply/Quote
Canton. Did he actually imply he belongs in..Canton?
[Image: 496515.jpg]
Just have a good year buddy.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 08:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I figured it was, but I only read a few sentences before I confirmed it was another Hobspin fluff piece.

What Hobson said about Dansby making the HoF....

Quote:"He’ll have a tough time getting into the Hall with the curious career line that now reads 41 sacks, 19 interceptions, and no Pro Bowls. It’s a fate that matches a lot Bengals past and present."
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 02:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Serious question, but why did the Browns and Cardinals let him walk?  He may have just refused to play for the Browns, though.

He probably did refuse to play for Cleveland. I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my career for a team in rebuild mode, again.

I'm not seeing anything justifying the Cardinals letting him walk. Maybe they just weren't will and able to pay for what Dansby was asking for and figure they'd be okay without him?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 10:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: Nick Vigil not only approves, but IS this message.

Dansby is a great example for Vigil.  I feel like he will excel in this defense because of all the talent around him.  If he is free to make plays, he has the experience and talent to cash in.  He also takes fantastic care of his body, and plays like a man 5 years younger.  

I am very excited to have him here.  I hope Paul Dawson also pays attention.  
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 12:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dansby is a great example for Vigil.  I feel like he will excel in this defense because of all the talent around him.  If he is free to make plays, he has the experience and talent to cash in.  He also takes fantastic care of his body, and plays like a man 5 years younger.  

I am very excited to have him here.  I hope Paul Dawson also pays attention.  

Dawson seems to be the forgotten one.  I haven't read much about him, lately.  Any word on how his camp is going, how he is developing?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 02:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Serious question, but why did the Browns and Cardinals let him walk?  He may have just refused to play for the Browns, though.

Probably, but actually the Browns released him. I wonder if Hue released Dansby and told him that the Bengals would love to have him. Maybe Dansby was a parting thank you gift from Hue, just like he traded us Oaklands draft picks for Carson P.  Hue always does as much good for us after he leaves, as when he's with us. LOLz
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 12:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dawson seems to be the forgotten one.  I haven't read much about him, lately.  Any word on how his camp is going, how he is developing?

Dawson is carrying Nick Vigil's pads after practice.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 01:42 PM)jason Wrote: Dawson is carrying Nick Vigil's pads after practice.

Cute, but I was hoping for something a bit more substantive.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 03:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Cute, but I was hoping for something a bit more substantive.

We have to like what we're hearing about the level competitiveness there is at LB this year. I would imagine that Dawson is part of the reason it is so competitive. We're getting REALLY freaking nasty on D!!!

Billings looks like he's going to get plenty of PT this year. Players and coaches rave about Keuchley, I mean Vigil. Burfict is even calling him "Luke." It sucks that Wm Jackson went down. But our defense is going to be amazing. Too bad Reggie Nelson left, too, but Shawn Williams should be a solid replacement, though none of us should expect him to be the same Pro-Bowl caliber safety that Reggie has been the last year or so. 

Watching Dawson, Vigil, & Flowers work in the pre-season games is going to be very interesting.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Dansby seems to be a good fit for the Bengals. Rey M, Dansby and Burfict sounds painful.

It is tough picking great LBs.  Lot of unmeasurables make a great LB, along with some measurables. I always thought it was one of the harder positions to get right in the draft.

Vigil looks good ,hope he works out. But I think we are sitting pretty good with what we've got.

After a draft interview with a LB, I think you should walk away saying to yourself ,"what the hell was that" or saying "somethings wrong with that guy".

It takes a certain type of individual to do what they do and just keep on bringing the wood.

Can't wait.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 03:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Cute, but I was hoping for something a bit more substantive.

I've heard nothing about him honestly. I'm sure we will see a lot of him next week. It will be cool to finally see what Vigil has too after all of the fun some of us have had with him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote