Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karlos Dansby is about to rek people
(08-06-2016, 12:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dawson seems to be the forgotten one.  I haven't read much about him, lately.  Any word on how his camp is going, how he is developing?

Haven't heard a peep about him.  I hear lots about Marquis Flowers, but Dawson seems to be the forgotten man.  I'm a little bummed that he is backing up SAM.  The Bengals have seemed to collect WILL backers (Burfict, Dawson, Vigil) and not created as much competition in the MIKE.  If you think that more than 2/3rds of the snaps the defense is in nickel, I guess it makes sense to load up on faster, rangier LBs.  

I thought when Dawson was drafted that it would be him and Burfict in nickel and Maualuga only in base.  Now with Vigil, I would imagine it would be more of him and Burfict. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 12:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Like that Dansby is stating that Vigil reminds him of himself.

I just remembered - I remind me of myself too! Hilarious   Seriously - All indicators point to Vigil being a beast!
Reply/Quote
We signed Dansby? I really need to get caught up on things Bengal related LOL
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 02:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: We signed Dansby? I really need to get caught up on things Bengal related  LOL

Yes, he and LaFell were our "splashy" signings, outside of our own.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 02:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Serious question, but why did the Browns and Cardinals let him walk?  He may have just refused to play for the Browns, though.

The first time he left the Cardinals, he was coming off playing under the franchise tag. Miami made him the highest paid ILB until the 49ers extended Willis. I believe Miami let him go because of cap issues. He returned to Arizona for a year and played lights out, he was only brought back because Darryl Washington got into trouble. Then Cleveland offered up more money than what Arizona was offering in 2014.

Cleveland cut him because of the "rebuilding process" they were going through.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 08:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I figured it was, but I only read a few sentences before I confirmed it was another Hobspin fluff piece.

Karlos Dansby in the Hall of Fame? C'mon son! I think he'll help the Bengals this year, but the guy has 0 Pro Bowls, 0 1st Team All-Pros, 0 DPOY, 0 MVP, 0 Super Bowl Rings, and 1 2nd Team All-Pro. It isn't going to happen. Silly premise.

hes had a good career  got beaten out by some fan favorites during his time for the probowls...  

But 1 ring is all you need. and the door will be open
Reply/Quote