Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karlos Dansby: time to go get a ring, the Bengals must be licking their chops
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/03/karlos_dansby_says_browns_rele.html

Interesting
Reply/Quote
If it's in the budget, then it would be interesting to consider. Is he anything more than a Mike? You know we're not moving from Maualuga, even though I wanted us to sign Dansby the year we signed James Harrison. So, unless he can play SAM, I can't see us spending the money. even if he can play SAM, it's hard seeing us paying him the $ he was making in Cleveland. If it's a ring he wants, he might sign for less on a 2-3 year deal. He'd be a great stop-gap if we wanted to draft Jaylon Smith and red-shirt him for a year.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wanted him when he went to Cleveland.
I hope the FO still wants him. Sign him 1 year fair price to let him chase the ring with us. I don't mind :)

He was an OLB for Arizona.
Reply/Quote
Give him a 1 year deal, lets see how much he has left in the tank.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Here are some quick highlights from the 14-year pro:

• "I'm sure the Bengals are licking their chops,'' he said. [Probably not as much as he's hoping.]

• He said the Browns called him this morning to tell he was being released.

• "I appreciated it because it gives me a chance to win. There a lot of teams that are close and I can help them.''

• "The Browns are in a rebuild,'' [That's the story there every year. That was the story when he signed with them two years ago.] he said. "This gets me closer to my destiny.''

• He said he has four or five years left "because I take care of my body." [LB at 39 or 40? Check this boy out for a concussion.]

• He said his only regret is that they didn't do it two months ago so he could catch on with someone right away. "But there still a lot of teams that need my services.''

• He said he believes other 30-year-old or older Browns will be released. "I told Donte Whitner 'you have to be ready for anything.' ''

• He said he believes receiver Dwayne Bowe, 31, will be released soon. [That turned out to be true.]

• He said he believes "the future is bright'' for third-year cornerback Justin Gilbert and that he felt he started to turn the corner last year.

• He said Johnny Manziel remains a friend and he still believes Manziel can be successful in the NFL. [Hahahahahahahahahhahahhahaha]

• "This is an opportunity to go play for a Super Bowl contender,'' [A not so subtle message that he'll take less money from a contender and since he mentioned the Bengals by name he thinks of the Bengals as a contender.] said Dansby. "I'm excited. I'm getting goosebumps.''

• He said he never viewed Cleveland as place to go and get out as fast as possible: "I wanted to try to do something there that no one had done.''

Reply/Quote
Meh, could see him trying to butter up Cincy or talk fondly about being in Arizona for the playoff-push, or seeing if Todd Bowles will give him the "played in the system" nod for the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 07:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wanted him when he went to Cleveland.
I hope the FO still wants him. Sign him 1 year fair price to let him chase the ring with us. I don't mind :)

He was an OLB for Arizona.

I wanted him when he went to Cleveland too.

I think you're wrong about the OLB bit though. John Abraham and Matt Shaughnessy were the OLB, Dansby and Daryl Washington were the ILB I believe.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 08:01 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I wanted him when he went to Cleveland too.

I think you're wrong about the OLB bit though. John Abraham and Matt Shaughnessy were the OLB, Dansby and Daryl Washington were the ILB I believe.

Yep I remember him playing inside for the cards. He may of slid outside a few times, but for the most part he played inside.

I think I would pass on this signing. Didn't we try this experiment with Harrison and it was crap? Same with AJ, but to a lesser extent.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I have gotten my hopes up for him before, so I won't do it again. However, there are very few people that can do what he can do and I would love to have him in stripes. His game fits us perfectly.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 08:11 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yep I remember him playing inside for the cards. He may of slid outside a few times, but for the most part he played inside.

I think I would pass on this signing. Didn't we try this experiment with Harrison and it was crap? Same with AJ, but to a lesser extent.

You're comparing an OLB to an ILB as if they are the same thing. That's like saying Navarro Bowman and DeMarcus Ware would be the same.

A 3-4 OLB doesn't have a position in a 4-3 defense. Generally too big for LB, not big enough for DE. A 3-4 ILB can generally play MLB or SAM in a 4-3.

The Bengals actually chose Harrison over Dansby because he would accept a 2 year deal. Harrison sucked, Dansby was 2nd team All-Pro (and probably should have been DPOY if not for the Kuechly hype). Now Dansby is 3 years older.

Reply/Quote
I think that Dansby would be a fabulous guy to bring in on perhaps a 2 year deal for a moderate amount of money. He will turn 35 during this season, but is playing great! Maybe in Bengals rotation he could add some years to his career while taking less money per where with the Browns they were running him hard.

The Bengals have seen him in person quite a few times at this point and I trust them to make whatever move, or not, when it comes to guys in the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 11:23 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I think that Dansby would be a fabulous guy to bring in on perhaps a 2 year deal for a moderate amount of money. He will turn 35 during this season, but is playing great! Maybe in Bengals rotation he could add some years to his career while taking less money per where with the Browns they were running him hard.

The Bengals have seen him in person quite a few times at this point and I trust them to make whatever move, or not, when it comes to guys in the AFCN.

He reminds me of London fletcher.  A very good player who goes under the radar that just does their job well.  Fletcher played at a high level until 37/38.  So a 2 year deal would be about right
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 11:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: He reminds me of London fletcher.  A very good player who goes under the radar that just does their job well.  Fletcher played at a high level until 37/38.  So a 2 year deal would be about right

Great comparison.

Because of body type (and technique, I'm sure) some guys just can do it and not wear out or don't sustain major injuries. It's funny how all of that comes into play. I'm pretty lucky in that regards, myself. I'm 36 and when I go out and play or coach(high school) soccer, play tennis, etc. I'm still as fast, quick, and strong as I was when I played semi professional soccer in my early 20s - and I don't lift anywhere nearly as much at this point!

The guys who are playing at the NFL level into their mid 30s and still producing are just amazing to me! And it's rarely the over trained super ripped guys, either. In the NBA you see it all the time. How in the hell is Vince Carter at 39 still getting his butt up and down an NBA court for a whole season?!?!?!? He clearly is not killing himself with weight training.

I hope Burfict has that type of durability.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see him here. We need LB help. I'm sure they will address it in the draft, but a proven veteran still playing very well would be a big help.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 11:45 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'd like to see him here.  We need LB help.  I'm sure they will address it in the draft, but a proven veteran still playing very well would be a big help.

Darron Lee / Dansby / Burfict

That could certainly make things happen.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 11:43 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Great comparison.

Because of body type (and technique, I'm sure) some guys just can do it and not wear out or don't sustain major injuries. It's funny how all of that comes into play. I'm pretty lucky in that regards, myself. I'm 36 and when I go out and play or coach(high school) soccer, play tennis, etc. I'm still as fast, quick, and strong as I was when I played semi professional soccer in my early 20s - and I don't lift anywhere nearly as much at this point!

The guys who are playing at the NFL level into their mid 30s and still producing are just amazing to me! And it's rarely the over trained super ripped guys, either. In the NBA you see it all the time. How in the hell is Vince Carter at 39 still getting his butt up and down an NBA court for a whole season?!?!?!? He clearly is not killing himself with weight training.

I hope Burfict has that type of durability.

idk there are a few out there like James harrision they are smart and know their job is about keeping their body healthy. and playing football.. but cant do the latter well without doing the former.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 12:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Darron Lee / Dansby / Burfict

That could certainly make things happen.

I'd rather have Rey / Maualuga / Burfict Ninja

No but seriously, that would be awesome. Even if Darron Lee was selected though, he wouldn't start. It'd be Dansby/Maualuga/Rey to start and then swap out either Maualuga or Rey for Burfict once he's back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote