Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karlos Williams
Was cut by the Bills. Apparently he's suspended for the first four games and showed up out of shape this season, but the guy has some great talent.

Wouldn't mind them bringing him in and seeing if they can get him to turn it around a bit. Worst case scenario he gets cut again, or becomes a meh #4. Best case scenario he turns it around and if Hill doesn't this season, the Bengals have a 1/2 of Gio and Williams.

If Hill goes back to 2nd half 2014 Hill, then the Bengals have a 1/2 of Gio and Hill, and Williams can be traded for a pick or a player in the offseason.

It's not like Williams is going to be a bad influence on the Bengals RBs. If anything, maybe Gio can be a positive influence on him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I like our RB depth this season. Not a bad idea to take a chance on him for teams that may be a bit shallow though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Showed some flashes last year, but he doesn't play special teams. So I am not interested.
Reply/Quote
Not interested. We have enough backs. Hill goes down we have burkhead.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
He doesn't bring much more to the table than Carson, aside from the ever so cute excuse for being an out of shape pro athlete. The Bills cut him for a reason. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 10:01 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He doesn't bring much more to the table than Carson, aside from the ever so cute excuse for being an out of shape pro athlete. The Bills cut him for a reason. 

This

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Just checked out his highlight reel. Strong base, lateral movement, and good vision. This would actually be a really good move for a team with an extra draft pick or two and a need at RB. If he stays healthy he'll probably be a top RB.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 10:01 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He doesn't bring much more to the table than Carson, aside from the ever so cute excuse for being an out of shape pro athlete. The Bills cut him for a reason. 

I'd laugh at him, but my last fiancee's cravings to be absolutely miserable made me absolutely miserable, too.  I assume it's the same thing with food.
Reply/Quote
he will be in the division, almost guaranteed
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 01:25 AM)treee Wrote:

Just checked out his highlight reel. Strong base, lateral movement, and good vision. This would actually be a really good move for a team with an extra draft pick or two and a need at RB. If he stays healthy he'll probably be a top RB.

If only they could find a way to play the Miami Dolphins every week, then this guy would have a shot at the HOF. That vid contained a couple plays vs. the Jets, one 2 yard play vs. the Pats, one td vs. the giants, a few plays against the Cowboys, and a good two minutes of him carving up the fins.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 10:01 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He doesn't bring much more to the table than Carson,

2015 Runs of 20+ yards

Karlos Williams.....5 in 93 carries
Bengals................5 in 467 carries

Runs of 40+ yards

Karlos Williams......1
Bengals................0
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 11:18 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: If only they could find a way to play the Miami Dolphins every week, then this guy would have a shot at the HOF. That vid contained a couple plays vs. the Jets, one 2 yard play vs. the Pats, one td vs. the giants, a few plays against the Cowboys, and a good two minutes of him carving up the fins.

Yea, but I'd wager a whole slew of Barry Sanders highlights involve him running all over crappy Bears and Buccaneers teams from the 90s.
Reply/Quote

The out of shape bit is obviously concerning and fair game to point at (though both Maualuga and Burfict both showed up out of shape this offseason, too).

That said, saying he doesn't bring much more to the table than Carson is just simply untrue. Dude put up 613 yards and 9 TDs on 104 touches last year. You must have some absolutely otherworldly expectations for Carson.

Reply/Quote
I dont see how he makes it through waivers. Eagles, Dolphins, Redskins, Steelers, Panthers, somebody has to be intrigued. Not many RBs had more TDs than him last year. You get him on a rookie contract and have a couple months to get him in shape.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 2015 Runs of 20+ yards

Karlos Williams.....5 in 93 carries
Bengals................5 in 467 carries

Runs of 40+ yards

Karlos Williams......1
Bengals................0

(08-21-2016, 06:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The out of shape bit is obviously concerning and fair game to point at (though both Maualuga and Burfict both showed up out of shape this offseason, too).

That said, saying he doesn't bring much more to the table than Carson is just simply untrue. Dude put up 613 yards and 9 TDs on 104 touches last year. You must have some absolutely otherworldly expectations for Carson.

His stats do look pretty good at first blush.  I had to do a double take because I watched a few Bills games last year and didn't remember him being that big of a factor.

Here were his average yards per carry by opponent:
MIA - 10.5 avg on 21 attempts
WAS - 10.2 avg on 4 attempts
IND - 9.2 avg on 6 attempts
DAL - 4.5 avg on 17 attempts
NYJ - 3.7 avg on 13 attempts
NE  - 2.7 avg on 12 attempts
KC  - 2.5 avg on 2 attempts
NYG - 2.2 avg on 18 attempts
HOU, CIN, JAX, PE, TEN - 0 yards on 0 attempts

Situatonally, Williams did best in games where his team led by 9-16 points with a 10.7 YPC average.
When rushing from behind that average dropped to a respectable 4.0 overall, but really took a nosedive to 1.1 YPC when behind by 9 or more points.

With the suspension, the conditioning, missing games last season, and a propensity to really rack up yards against poor defenses while wilting against good run defenses...I really don't think that he's quite as good as he looks on paper.  
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 07:20 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: His stats do look pretty good at first blush.  I had to do a double take because I watched a few Bills games last year and didn't remember him being that big of a factor.

Here were his average yards per carry by opponent:
MIA - 10.5 avg on 21 attempts
WAS - 10.2 avg on 4 attempts
IND - 9.2 avg on 6 attempts
DAL - 4.5 avg on 17 attempts
NYJ - 3.7 avg on 13 attempts
NE  - 2.7 avg on 12 attempts
KC  - 2.5 avg on 2 attempts
NYG - 2.2 avg on 18 attempts
HOU, CIN, JAX, PE, TEN - 0 yards on 0 attempts

Situatonally, Williams did best in games where his team led by 9-16 points with a 10.7 YPC average.
When rushing from behind that average dropped to a respectable 4.0 overall, but really took a nosedive to 1.1 YPC when behind by 9 or more points.

With the suspension, the conditioning, missing games last season, and a propensity to really rack up yards against poor defenses while wilting against good run defenses...I really don't think that he's quite as good as he looks on paper.  

All of those are on sample sizes of less than 20 carries.

I can do that too.

Jeremy Hill when his team is behind by 9 or more rushes for 2.6 YPC.... of course once again, that's only a 23 carry sample size.

Aren't ridiculously small sample sizes fun?

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 08:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All of those are on sample sizes of less than 20 carries.

I can do that too.

Jeremy Hill when his team is behind by 9 or more rushes for 2.6 YPC.... of course once again, that's only a 23 carry sample size.

Aren't ridiculously small sample sizes fun?

When small sample sizes are all that you have to work with, what else are you supposed to use?  The guy racked up a ton of yards in multi-score blowouts against mostly bad run defenses.  When playing against better defenses he was not nearly as effective.

Jeremy Hill had a down year yardage-wise and was used more as a red zone back.  I don't really see how that particular stat has anything to do with Karlos Williams.
Reply/Quote
Didn't Karlos Williams's brother threaten to paint Burfict?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Surprised he went unclaimed. Not sure of the exact rules and having to carry a claimed guy on the roster.

If Blount can stick around this long. Karlos will get a shot soon. Unless he has just given up on football.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 03:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Was cut by the Bills. Apparently he's suspended for the first four games and showed up out of shape this season, but the guy has some great talent.

Wouldn't mind them bringing him in and seeing if they can get him to turn it around a bit. Worst case scenario he gets cut again, or becomes a meh #4. Best case scenario he turns it around and if Hill doesn't this season, the Bengals have a 1/2 of Gio and Williams.

If Hill goes back to 2nd half 2014 Hill, then the Bengals have a 1/2 of Gio and Hill, and Williams can be traded for a pick or a player in the offseason.

It's not like Williams is going to be a bad influence on the Bengals RBs. If anything, maybe Gio can be a positive influence on him.
out of shape and suspended?  No thanks

Id keep the 4 we have now.  He cant help Special teams while not able to play... or out of shape.

Now come week 5 if hes still available and one of our RBs is hurt maybe.
Reply/Quote