Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karras nicknames OT group Cincinnati Skyline
Karras went from Bown County to Cincinnati Skyline after Mims was picked.

We may now have biggest OL group in the NFL.

I love it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I just hope Mims is starting to Karras' left this year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 05:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just hope Mims is starting to Karras' left this year

Do you think Bengals will attempt to convert Mims to a left guard ala Whitt years ago his rookie year? 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 05:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you think Bengals will attempt to convert Mims to a left guard ala Whitt years ago his rookie year? 

If he can do it, then you do it. You put the best 5 out there. He’s athletic enough to play guard. Just not sure his ability
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 05:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you think Bengals will attempt to convert Mims to a left guard ala Whitt years ago his rookie year? 

I sure as heck hope not. We have Brown for 1 year. Mims needs to concentrate on becoming a starting tackle and not learning the guard position.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 07:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I sure as heck hope not. We have Brown for 1 year. Mims needs to concentrate on becoming a starting tackle and not learning the guard position.

This.

We still have ~$24m in cap space and Connor Williams is still a FA. Would be easier to sign him if his recovery is coming along well and move Karras back to LG.

Mims needs to focus on RT because there's a significant chance that he'll be starting at some time in 2024. Trent Brown is not durable, he's only been active for more than 11 games once in the last 5 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I like it.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 07:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I sure as heck hope not. We have Brown for 1 year. Mims needs to concentrate on becoming a starting tackle and not learning the guard position.
Same thing I was thinking. I don't want to mess with his mind and get his body reacting and playing one way and then try and fix it in an off-season. 

Maybe if he wasn't a first round pick, but it's not worth the risk. Let him practice and become the best tackle he can be.
(04-29-2024, 07:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This.

We still have ~$24m in cap space and Connor Williams is still a FA. Would be easier to sign him if his recovery is coming along well and move Karras back to LG.

Mims needs to focus on RT because there's a significant chance that he'll be starting at some time in 2024. Trent Brown is not durable, he's only been active for more than 11 games once in the last 5 years.

Agree on all points and I look for updates on the free agent guards and centers daily and pray that we'll be smart and sign one.
Reply/Quote
Yep, he’s should help solidify RT. Move to the next plan for LG if Volson needs replacing.
Reply/Quote

How does one "concentrate" on becoming a starting Tackle? And is it Left or Right?

I want the 5 best olinemen on the team starting for the Cincinnati Bengals in 2024 and would love for Mims to get quality starts against NFL competition. 

Reply/Quote

I hope so, but wouldn't classify it as a conversion and we don't merely lock him into RT. Mims could easily be our future LT. No idea why folks want to lock him into the right side.

Any experience we can get Mims this year will pay dividends moving forward.

Hell Jonathan Orden played LG his rookie year

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 10:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hope so and we don't merely lock him into RT. Mims could easily be our future LT. No idea why folks want to lock him into the right side.

This
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 10:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hope so, but wouldn't classify it as a conversion and we don't merely lock him into RT. Mims could easily be our future LT. No idea why folks want to lock him into the right side.

Hell Jonathan Orden played LG his rookie year

So did Whitt. 

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 05:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Karras went from Bown County to Cincinnati Skyline after Mims was picked.

We may now have biggest OL group in the NFL.

I love it.

Me, too.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How does one "concentrate" on becoming a starting Tackle? And is it Left or Right?

I want the 5 best olinemen on the team starting for the Cincinnati Bengals in 2024 and would love for Mims to get quality starts against NFL competition. 

I would think it's self-evident, but you concentrate on learning the intricacies of being an NFL tackle by taking all your practice reps at Tackle, and not at guard.  In other words, doing the exact opposite of what they did with Dax Hill. 
Besides, what makes you think a 6'8" dude is going to be any good at guard? That's a little tall to get low....
Reply/Quote
That's pretty good. Who is Carew and who is PNC?

Reply/Quote

a 6-8 guard just doesnt work...too tall and not enough lower center of gravity
I hope they dont do this
Reply/Quote
IF they want him to play guard then it should be RG and move Cappa to LG...Cappa is a vet and should be no issue...for Mims he gets to work side by side with Trent and stay on the right if RT is going to be his future.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 08:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I would think it's self-evident, but you concentrate on learning the intricacies of being an NFL tackle by taking all your practice reps at Tackle, and not at guard.  In other words, doing the exact opposite of what they did with Dax Hill. 
Besides, what makes you think a 6'8" dude is going to be any good at guard? That's a little tall to get low....

Whit did it at 6'7"

Ogden did it at 6'9"

They both turned out alright.

I'm sure I can find others

What you are suggesting is exactly what we did with Dax; limiting his gameday snaps as a rookie because we were set at FS. IMO they should have gotten him gameday snaps at various spots in the backfield.

It's easy to say "take all practice snaps at OT", but are you talking RT or LT or do we want to try to make him a swing tackle and jack his footwork up?

Of course only my opinion but I want to see him getting gameday reps.       

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 01:20 PM)spazz70 Wrote: IF they want him to play guard then it should be RG and move Cappa to LG...Cappa is a vet and should be no issue...for Mims he gets to work side by side with Trent and stay on the right if RT is going to be his future.

That's if you think Mims' future is at RT. If he projects to be as good as he can; why wouldn't we make him LT and move OBJ to the RT?

Personally, IDC if we play him at Center as long as we put our 5 best olinemen out there to protect the franchise; instead of leaving a sieve at LG while our #18 pick is on the sideline "practicing" for next year. 

Reply/Quote