Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Karras will be the starting Center
Per Zac Taylor's LIVE news conference. Maybe we re-sign Spain to compete at LG with Carman?

This basically puts to rest the Tretter talk unfortunately. Dehner Jr. also said that we didn't have interest in Tretter.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Yup Hopkins just got cut... is this Collins related stay tuned
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Means no JC Tretter
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:22 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yup Hopkins just got cut... is this Collins related stay tuned

Spain is probably staying and will compete with Carmen for that last spot in the O line because i see no world in which Collins isn’t a done deal.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire. We were his first visit and he’s not rumored to have any other ones.

Unless I’m mistaken
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:22 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yup Hopkins just got cut... is this Collins related stay tuned

Lets hope it's Collins related.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Lets hope it's Collins related.

It most likely is. You don’t cut Trey without knowing what to do next. That 6 million isn’t gonna break your bank. You are cutting him because you are about to allocate that money elsewhere
-Housh
Reply/Quote
So far it looks like only one OL starter returns from last season. I'm good with that ESPECIALLY as so far all the replacements are significant upgrades.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:26 PM)Housh Wrote: Spain is probably staying and will compete with Carmen for that last spot in the O line because i see no world in which Collins isn’t a done deal.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire. We were his first visit and he’s not rumored to have any other ones.

Unless I’m mistaken

Both Miami and Denver have visits set with him.

Bengals just were first, so they need to get him to sign before he takes those other two visits, especially the Denver one as Wilson will be a damn good recruiting piece.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Time to watch some Dolphins 2020 games to really "scout" him at Center

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I do think Carman will get first crack at LG with the potential of Spain, or similar, here to compete for it.
Reply/Quote
As it should be.

Tretter has NEVER been that great, so not sure why everyone was creaming their pants over the prospect of getting him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: I do think Carman will get first crack at LG with the potential of Spain, or similar, here to compete for it.

I sure hope he is spending the off season working with an NFL Oline guru.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I sure hope he is spending the off season working with an NFL Oline guru.

Honestly, just getting back to the left side may make a huge difference. Fans and some media are way too nonchalant about the difficulties of switching side let along positions.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he's just saying that so players (and the fans/other teams) don't think we just cut Hopkins with no replacement.

I'm not saying that Karras won't be because he very well could be, but I don't think we're done trying to improve the line in free agency or the draft.

Either way, I'M LOVING THE ACTIVITY BY THIS TEAM IN THE OFFSEASON!

Let's hope we keep it going!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:21 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Per Zac Taylor's LIVE news conference. Maybe we re-sign Spain to compete at LG with Carman?

I'd prefer they bring Spain back.  With Williams, Spain, Karras, Cappa and Collins (praying), we'd definitely be set.  Who knows?  Maybe Carman takes the Year 2 jump.  I think it's a lot to bank on though.  Probably just waiting out Spain and Collins.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
[Image: FOJ3M7XXoAMgEsC?format=jpg&name=large]

Reply/Quote
WAITAMINUTE! Didn't PFF state that Karras at LG for us was a HUGE upgrade, but at C it was just a slight upgrade? I would rather have the BIGGGG improvement with Karras at LG and Hopkins at C, rather than a slight improvement.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Both Miami and Denver have visits set with him.

Bengals just were first, so they need to get him to sign before he takes those other two visits, especially the Denver one as Wilson will be a damn good recruiting piece.

I have not seen any visits set with Denver or Miami?

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Both Miami and Denver have visits set with him.

I believe you are mistaking visits with interest. I’ve not seen it say he’s had any scheduled visits with anyone except Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:18 PM)Yogo Wrote: WAITAMINUTE!  Didn't PFF state that Karras at LG for us was a HUGE upgrade, but at C it was just a slight upgrade?  I would rather have the BIGGGG improvement with Karras at LG and Hopkins at C, rather than a slight improvement.

PFF isnt the Bible and we must look at what is best for the team.  There wasnt a hot body at LG we could cut and save 6M.

Spain or Carmen will do well between Jonah and Karras.  Karras is a perfectly capable center and an upgrade.

Reply/Quote