Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Karras will be the starting Center
(03-18-2022, 04:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is great

Looks like they must have been sleeping there.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 08:00 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: On the hopefully bright side, cutting Hopkins has to indicate they think a Collins deal is happening. I mean it would just be dumb to do it prematurely.

It indicates we are going to sign more free agents.

It doesn't indicate anything about Collins at all.  Collins is an OT.  Hopkins was an IOL.  They don't overlap on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Looks like they must have been sleeping there.

Yes, they look tired. I can't imagine how Collins looks right now
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:18 PM)Yogo Wrote: WAITAMINUTE!  Didn't PFF state that Karras at LG for us was a HUGE upgrade, but at C it was just a slight upgrade?  I would rather have the BIGGGG improvement with Karras at LG and Hopkins at C, rather than a slight improvement.

Sorry but I don;t think the Coaches are going to just drive with PFF so they like him at C.. fine with me...
Reply/Quote
I feel Karras is the most important signing of the off-season so far.Not saying he is the best, Just the flexibility he gives us in the draft is huge.

Before Karras we almost had to go best interior OL available, maybe even forced to trade up and get our guy. But now we can go best DB available or best OL available.

My personal Best case scenario is sign Collins, and having Linderbaum fall to us at 31. Williams/Karras/Linderbaum/Cappa/Collins would make me absolutely thrilled.

Similar scenario if Zion falls only have to slid Karras over to center. If all of our OL targets are gone, we can go CB and look at the OL in round 2. Obviously those scenarios are with Collins signing but they still work if we miss on him and sign a Vet RT like Reiff to a 1 year deal.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 08:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Spain’s fine

Relying on Carman would be problematic

I agree with the first. The second, not so much. Yet.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Karras at center offers a lot from an intellectual standpoint point. Being Tom Brady’s center comes with a certain advantage and that is he’s seen a ton of defensive fronts and so when Tom Brady sets blocking being the guy who attempts to set it first and gets overruled comes with a lot of knowledge during film sessions as to why.

That’s the kind of thing Burrow can learn a ton from.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree with the first. The second, not so much. Yet.

Carman has shown nothing thus far. He performed worse than Adeniji, aka the worst starting RG in the league

If he played ok, but was always injured, I might feel differently. But Carman was legit terrible. If he turned into a slightly below average guard in 2022, that would be one of the biggest 1 year leaps I’ve seen
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:22 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Carman has shown nothing thus far. He performed worse than Adeniji, aka the worst starting RG in the league

If he played ok, but was always injured, I might feel differently. But Carman was legit terrible. If he turned into a slightly below average guard in 2022, that would be one of the biggest 1 year leaps I’ve seen
Carman was playing on a side he had NEVER played before. He played LT in college. He was a rookie and it takes time to adjust to all of those things. He was hurt some which didn't help either. They played him at LG in the KC game and he played pretty good. They leave him there this year and he is healthy he is gonna improve a ton.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:27 AM)pulses Wrote: Carman was playing on a side he had NEVER played before. He played LT in college. He was a rookie and it takes time to adjust to all of those things. He was hurt some which didn't help either. They played him at LG in the KC game and he played pretty good. They leave him there this year and he is healthy he is gonna improve a ton.

I think he’ll improve but I do not believe he is ready this year. Next year if you want to put him at guard, go for it.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It indicates we are going to sign more free agents.

It doesn't indicate anything about Collins at all.  Collins is an OT.  Hopkins was an IOL.  They don't overlap on the roster.

Collins is a FA. We have space available to sign smaller deals, just not large ones. 

Fred, I am well aware of the positions they play. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:22 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Carman has shown nothing thus far. He performed worse than Adeniji, aka the worst starting RG in the league

I don't know why he couldn't knock Adeniji out of the lineup at RG but i just went back and watched every snap he took at LG and he was more than adequate. If you have the ability, go back and watch him there.

He got 12 mop up snaps in the 2nd pitt game and didn't give up anything. Next he played 41 snaps in the 1st KC game and the dude is strong. In the run game he was pushing Reed and Jones off the ball. Good at getting to the 2nd level but he sometimes has trouble engaging there. Pass pro he was good against Reed but so-so against Jones but Jones is quick for a guy his size. One time though, he drove Jones 3 yds to the right and pancaked him. He played 54 snaps against Cleveland in the final RS game and didn't give up anything. 

He was noticibly better at LG than RG and in 107 snaps he gave up a grand total of 2 hurries. That was it. If he's healthy, he's no worse than average at LG and he's worlds better and stronger than Adeniji. Carman doesn't own a pair of roller skates and he's active and he stayed on his feet. Also, he doesn't just lock on to the first guy. He looks for action. 

Go back and watch him at LG and you'll change your mind on "legit terrible". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 04:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: [Image: FOJ3M7XXoAMgEsC?format=jpg&name=large]

Nice. Not only is he here to protect our guy he is a damn good run blocker to boot unlike our last Center. Wink
Reply/Quote