Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kasich: "Women left their kitchens to back me"
Just turrible. Women in the kitchen? How dare he.
A very un-PC thing for Kasich to say. It's officially over for you Johnny boy.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/22/politics/john-kasich-women-kitchen/index.html
(02-22-2016, 08:28 PM)Vlad Wrote: Just turrible. Women in the kitchen? How dare he.
A very un-PC thing for Kasich to say. It's officially over for you Johnny boy.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/22/politics/john-kasich-women-kitchen/index.html
Trump's VP, when ?
Ninja
What a silly misrepresentation of what he said.

He said that in 1978 when he first ran for office, housewives left their kitchens and joined his campaign. Now, he says, everyone is out working.

From any rational person, he's really trying to show respect for housewives who got involved in politics, not, as now everyone has suggested, saying women belong in the kitchen.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-22-2016, 11:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What a silly misrepresentation of what he said.

He said that in 1978 when he first ran for office, housewives left their kitchens and joined his campaign. Now, he says, everyone is out working.

From any rational person, he's really trying to show respect for housewives who got involved in politics, not, as now everyone has suggested, saying women belong in the kitchen.

No way!!!@#@! THE EVIL REPUBLICAN HATES WOMEN!!!!

Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(02-22-2016, 11:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What a silly misrepresentation of what he said.

Vlad

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Ah, 1978.  I remember it well.  I was 9 years old, and received a new style of bicycle, a BMX, for my birthday.  That thing screamed "lets get wild", as it had no fenders, no curled handle bars, no banana seat.  It had knobby tires, a rigid frame, and straight, sturdy handle bars.  At the ripe old age of 9, I thought I was superhuman on that thing.  I could climb hills with the greatest of ease, and jump small ditches with perfect landings every time.  All the while thinking it was the knobby tires and strong frame that carried me through, yet too young to realize it was just the aggressive style that stirred my adrenalin to power me up those hills, and give me the confidence to land those jumps.  It also came with plastic plates with numbers and a name that I cannot remember, but I removed them with Dad's pliers, the first time he worked on a Saturday.  (he later whipped me for destruction of my own property, but it was the style of discipline back then)

All was great!  Me and my bike, my mechanical extension of my own personality, taking the neighborhood and nearby woodlands by storm.  I could outrace any kid in the neighborhood on the pavement, and make them chicken out on following me on any ditch jump.  Until that one day..  I decided to jump the railroad tracks, from high bank, to high bank.  I fabricated the best makeshift ramp that I could, pumped myself up to the highest, and relied fully on my bike to carry me to glory!  Well, I fell about half a foot short of my projected landing spot, Landing was hard, tossed me to the right, landed on my shoulder, eventually with me face planting in some railroad ballast.

So, I dust off, go back to the house, and wait for Dad to get home.  When he returns, he looks me over, sees my obvious grief, and inquires to the source of my maladies.  I explain what happened, he proceeds to whip me (as was the style at the time), and remind me that he told me to stick to jumping the curbs..

That may sound like a typical kids story from circa 1978.  However, there is more to the story.  In my household at that time, it was just me and Dad.  Where was Mom, you might ask?  Well, in 1978, in the height of the Union era, was also the height of the sexual revolution.  That's right, along with the Disco era, the free love era from the West Coast drifted to other parts of the US, and with the availability of equal paying jobs, women were leaving their homes, in droves.  At that time, I attended a Catholic School.  I was soon ostracized as "that kid who's parents divorced".  I soon found myself in physical confrontations with classmates on the playground, in defense of my family name.  It wasn't short after that they asked my father to remove me, and place me in the public school system.  For a moment, I fit in, as many were in my situation of a broken family.  But, shortly after, I found myself in physical confrontations yet again.  This time, being ostracized not for being lower than my peers, but for appearing to be somehow above them..  (and folks still wonder how I got so tough, and why I still practice strongman, when approaching 50)

Anyhow, I grew up, hated both of my parents for splitting.  Somehow I made it to the point to tell you about it today.  So, when Kasich talks about "Women leaving their kitchens" to back him, it may not have been the best of outcome for all involved at the time.  Screw Kasich, freakin' homewrecker.  We were just fine when Mom's were there to take and pick us up from ball practice, be at home when we got home from school, actually cooked meals at home, mended our wounds when we came home, and were the ones that we envisioned ourselves finding as wives when we grew up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-23-2016, 01:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ah, 1978.  I remember it well.  I was 9 years old, and received a new style of bicycle, a BMX, for my birthday.  That thing screamed "lets get wild", as it had no fenders, no curled handle bars, no banana seat.  It had knobby tires, a rigid frame, and straight, sturdy handle bars.  At the ripe old age of 9, I thought I was superhuman on that thing.  I could climb hills with the greatest of ease, and jump small ditches with perfect landings every time.  All the while thinking it was the knobby tires and strong frame that carried me through, yet too young to realize it was just the aggressive style that stirred my adrenalin to power me up those hills, and give me the confidence to land those jumps.  It also came with plastic plates with numbers and a name that I cannot remember, but I removed them with Dad's pliers, the first time he worked on a Saturday.  (he later whipped me for destruction of my own property, but it was the style of discipline back then)

All was great!  Me and my bike, my mechanical extension of my own personality, taking the neighborhood and nearby woodlands by storm.  I could outrace any kid in the neighborhood on the pavement, and make them chicken out on following me on any ditch jump.  Until that one day..  I decided to jump the railroad tracks, from high bank, to high bank.  I fabricated the best makeshift ramp that I could, pumped myself up to the highest, and relied fully on my bike to carry me to glory!  Well, I fell about half a foot short of my projected landing spot, Landing was hard, tossed me to the right, landed on my shoulder, eventually with me face planting in some railroad ballast.

So, I dust off, go back to the house, and wait for Dad to get home.  When he returns, he looks me over, sees my obvious grief, and inquires to the source of my maladies.  I explain what happened, he proceeds to whip me (as was the style at the time), and remind me that he told me to stick to jumping the curbs..

That may sound like a typical kids story from circa 1978.  However, there is more to the story.  In my household at that time, it was just me and Dad.  Where was Mom, you might ask?  Well, in 1978, in the height of the Union era, was also the height of the sexual revolution.  That's right, along with the Disco era, the free love era from the West Coast drifted to other parts of the US, and with the availability of equal paying jobs, women were leaving their homes, in droves.  At that time, I attended a Catholic School.  I was soon ostracized as "that kid who's parents divorced".  I soon found myself in physical confrontations with classmates on the playground, in defense of my family name.  It wasn't short after that they asked my father to remove me, and place me in the public school system.  For a moment, I fit in, as many were in my situation of a broken family.  But, shortly after, I found myself in physical confrontations yet again.  This time, being ostracized not for being lower than my peers, but for appearing to be somehow above them..  (and folks still wonder how I got so tough, and why I still practice strongman, when approaching 50)

Anyhow, I grew up, hated both of my parents for splitting.  Somehow I made it to the point to tell you about it today.  So, when Kasich talks about "Women leaving their kitchens" to back him, it may not have been the best of outcome for all involved at the time.  Screw Kasich, freakin' homewrecker.  We were just fine when Mom's were there to take and pick us up from ball practice, be at home when we got home from school, actually cooked meals at home, mended our wounds when we came home, and were the ones that we envisioned ourselves finding as wives when we grew up.

Continue...

[Image: sigmund-freud.jpg]
(02-23-2016, 01:55 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Continue...

[Image: sigmund-freud.jpg]

In other words, Kasich wins no vote from me, by bringing up women leaving the home in 1978..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-23-2016, 01:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ah, 1978.  I remember it well.  I was 9 years old, and received a new style of bicycle, a BMX, for my birthday.  That thing screamed "lets get wild", as it had no fenders, no curled handle bars, no banana seat.  It had knobby tires, a rigid frame, and straight, sturdy handle bars.  At the ripe old age of 9, I thought I was superhuman on that thing.  I could climb hills with the greatest of ease, and jump small ditches with perfect landings every time.  All the while thinking it was the knobby tires and strong frame that carried me through, yet too young to realize it was just the aggressive style that stirred my adrenalin to power me up those hills, and give me the confidence to land those jumps.  It also came with plastic plates with numbers and a name that I cannot remember, but I removed them with Dad's pliers, the first time he worked on a Saturday.  (he later whipped me for destruction of my own property, but it was the style of discipline back then)

Have hope my friend.  I am finding more women like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__5BCUTzzpQ
(02-23-2016, 02:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In other words, Kasich wins no vote from me, by bringing up women leaving the home in 1978..

Not to dismiss your pain, but is it possible your parents would have split no matter what?  Or did she tell your dad she was leaving the kitchen to vote and it inspired her to be free?

I too was 9 years old in 1978.  My mom and dad never split and, in fact, she has never held a job outside of the home during their entire marriage.  Even when dad lost his job in the 80's thanks to Mr. Romney and his "capitalists" "investing" in the company he worked for.

But back to the OP:  he is still being taken WAY out of context and I couldn't care less about the guy. 

Plenty of women worked and still remained married.  Your mom  probably left your dad for some reason that had nothing to do with economics.  The way he liked handed out beatings he probably gave her one also.  Seriously, who the hell beats a kid for doing something to his own bicycle?

BTW you would have been in the poor house if your wife was not working while you changed careers.  So maybe you should re-consider your position on working women.
(02-23-2016, 08:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not to dismiss your pain, but is it possible your parents would have split no matter what?  Or did she tell your dad she was leaving the kitchen to vote and it inspired her to be free?

I too was 9 years old in 1978.  My mom and dad never split and, in fact, she has never held a job outside of the home during their entire marriage.  Even when dad lost his job in the 80's thanks to Mr. Romney and his "capitalists" "investing" in the company he worked for.

But back to the OP:  he is still being taken WAY out of context and I couldn't care less about the guy. 

Both my parents worked and they had a perfect marriage.

Sunset has a strange viewpoint on marriage.  To think the only way to keep families together is to make women slaves to the income of the men is just twisted.
(02-23-2016, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Both my parents worked and they had a perfect marriage.

Sunset has a strange viewpoint on marriage.  To think the only way to keep families together is to make women slaves to the income of the men is just twisted.

That is an odd way of looking at a partnership.

I agree to go out and work 1 or 2 jobs to pay for a house that I don't spend that much time in.  While she gets to spend her time in the house making sure it is clean, and making sure there is food on the table ready for me when I am at home.

When we have children, she is the stay at home mom, and spends all the time she wants with the child or children, while I again go to work.

Does my wife have to enter into this partnership?  No, she can refuse at anytime and can even go before a judge and have the marriage terminated at anytime of her choosing.

However, at the time of the "revolution", feminist were telling women the same message that you are saying right now.  That they are somehow slaves to men, and that they weren't strong because they were in the home keeping the hearth safe.

Did you know that of all the Gods and Goddesses that were honored by the ancient Greeks, Hestia was the honored the most?  Even if she wasn't the most powerful, she was always welcomed into every home without fail?  Why?  Because she was the Goddess of the Hearth.  She kept the home safe. 

I think we as a society have lost a lot of that thinking.  That there is something noble in working long hours as a man, to provide a shelter for his family, to have dinner on the table and clothes.  That there is strength in a woman, having children (many children), staying at home and taking care of them, keeping the home clean and comfortable for the husband/father.

There are feminist that look at Wifewithapurpose and call her weak and stupid and a slave to the Patriarchy.  Where I see her as an intelligent, strong, sweet, beautiful, sincere woman who does more to show the real power of women than the ideology of feminism.

Just my outlook on this slavery idea that you seem to think it is.
(02-23-2016, 11:26 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: That is an odd way of looking at a partnership.

I agree to go out and work 1 or 2 jobs to pay for a house that I don't spend that much time in.  While she gets to spend her time in the house making sure it is clean, and making sure there is food on the table ready for me when I am at home.

When we have children, she is the stay at home mom, and spends all the time she wants with the child or children, while I again go to work.

Does my wife have to enter into this partnership?  No, she can refuse at anytime and can even go before a judge and have the marriage terminated at anytime of her choosing.

However, at the time of the "revolution", feminist were telling women the same message that you are saying right now.  That they are somehow slaves to men, and that they weren't strong because they were in the home keeping the hearth safe.

Did you know that of all the Gods and Goddesses that were honored by the ancient Greeks, Hestia was the honored the most?  Even if she wasn't the most powerful, she was always welcomed into every home without fail?  Why?  Because she was the Goddess of the Hearth.  She kept the home safe. 

I think we as a society have lost a lot of that thinking.  That there is something noble in working long hours as a man, to provide a shelter for his family, to have dinner on the table and clothes.  That there is strength in a woman, having children (many children), staying at home and taking care of them, keeping the home clean and comfortable for the husband/father.

There are feminist that look at Wifewithapurpose and call her weak and stupid and a slave to the Patriarchy.  Where I see her as an intelligent, strong, sweet, beautiful, sincere woman who does more to show the real power of women than the ideology of feminism.

Just my outlook on this slavery idea that you seem to think it is.

Not sure what you are trying to say here.  I have seen plenty of happy marriages where both parties worked, and I have also seen plenty of happy marriages where only one party worked.

The only comment I made was that women  should not HAVE TO stay with a man in a bad marriage because she can not go out and support herself.

We can both agree on this can't we?
(02-23-2016, 11:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what you are trying to say here.  I have seen plenty of happy marriages where both parties worked, and I have also seen plenty of happy marriages where only one party worked.

The only comment I made was that women  should not HAVE TO stay with a man in a bad marriage because she can not go out and support herself.

I don't know about that Fred.  You and SN together on the same page on any topic........that might be asking too much. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(02-23-2016, 11:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Plenty of women worked and still remained married.  Your mom  probably left your dad for some reason that had nothing to do with economics.  The way he liked handed out beatings he probably gave her one also.  Seriously, who the hell beats a kid for doing something to his own bicycle?

BTW you would have been in the poor house if your wife was not working while you changed careers.  So maybe you should re-consider your position on working women.

Everyone I knew growing up would've gotten their ass beat for wrecking their bike while doing something stupid. 
A bike was a large chunk of change for lower middle-class families. 
If you broke the rules set for riding it (no stunts by my fam), you got punished. 
Heck, I got my ass beat for things my younger brothers done, because I didn't stop them.
I guess I have that to thank for an incredible  level of pain tolerance.
I could have done without being beat with extension cords though.
(02-23-2016, 12:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: Vlad

Ninja

Um...CNN

I was mocking your liberal rag. I think even Fred could figure that out. Try opening the link again there wiz kid.
(02-23-2016, 11:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what you are trying to say here.  I have seen plenty of happy marriages where both parties worked, and I have also seen plenty of happy marriages where only one party worked.

I could have sworn I did say that a woman can opt out at any time.  Even terminate the marriage.

So where do you think a woman HAS TO stay with a man?
(02-23-2016, 12:35 PM)Vlad Wrote: Um...CNN

I was mocking your liberal rag. I think even Fred could figure that out. Try opening the link again there wiz kid.

I was referring to Pat's comment that a "rational" person could understand what was being said.  And that was not what happened.  Trying reading dude.  Rock On
(02-23-2016, 12:39 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I could have sworn I did say that a woman can opt out at any time.  Even terminate the marriage.

So where do you think a woman HAS TO stay with a man?

There was a time when women were discriminated against in the job marketplace.

I don't see it as a problem now, but Kasich was talking about back in the 1970's.