Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kat Terrell article on John Ross says no teams willing to trade up to 9
(11-09-2017, 04:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Even if that is true, that's pretty shitty on Marvin's part to intentionally keep him out because he wanted someone else. That's the player you were given and its your responsibility to find a way to use him effectively.

I'm not saying that's true, but it's a possibility..and Marv does control the roster and who plays. 

Remember the stories about all the in-fighting with the Redskins over RGIII? Some wanted him, Shannahan supposedly didn't?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 02:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd bet more on the bolded. The Bengals never seem to be aggressive on anything. They probably just sat back hoping someone would call and if no one did, they just figured "oh well" and made their selection.

Also, I don't know if I believe that the Bengals were not super interested and wanted someone else. I think if anything they viewed Ross as not a top 10 pick but still really liked him, and they were hoping someone would call to trade up and they could still get Ross later in the round while also getting another pick. But for one reason or another, they had to pick someone at 9 and decided on Ross. If they really wanted someone else, they would have taken that person instead.

IMO this is it.
Reply/Quote