Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katie Blackburn
Something has been on my mind here lately. The discussion around here lately has been Katie Blackburn has been running things.

The reports said that it was Katie, not her dad Mike Brown, that did every single interview. Not only was she doing the interviews, but she was traveling all over America to do those interviews.

While her dad is still the one signing the checks, she's the one doing the ground work.

She was out there traveling to make sure she got the best coach for the job. She interviewed ever single candidate that we as fans could of hoped for.

Early indications are that it's going to be Zac Taylor. Sean McVay created a position for him on the Rams coaching staff after being blown away by his interview, naming him assistant WR Coach before becoming QB coach, McVay said that he was 'over qualified' for the job he gave him from reports I've read.

Even Jon Gruden said he was going to be a good head coach. I've heard nothing, but similar praise from everyone who has worked with him.

This franchise was created by the Paul Brown, the man who signed the first ever African American athlete in Pro Sports history.

He fought for equality in sports. He wanted the best player period! As Jim Brown said 'If you did things his way, you never had to worthy about anything else.' You were set and you had a friend for life.

Well, this franchise has a chance to be innovative and break barriers again.

As we all know Zac Taylor could come in here and go 12-4 or 4-12 just as easily. I know that, you all know that. Plus, it's still early. We have the draft, free agency and still have to fill out the rest of the coaching staff.

But if this turns out to be a slam dunk coaching hire and we win our first playoff game in years, does Katie Blackburn deserve to be the first ever, to my knowledge, female NFL executive of the year?

I think she does.

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you all think Katie is essentially running the show?
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think she is running the show and has been for a few years now. You can see it in so many things they've done over the last few seasons. I think the only reason they haven't made that more official is that she really, really wants to get her dad a playoff win first before taking the spotlight for herself... and maybe people will laugh at that, but if most people were in that position they'd probably do the same.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown brought back Marvin last year and that failed miserably. That may very well have been his last football decision.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It's an interesting thought. I guess we truly may never know the power Katie has in terms of decision making but it looks like she's smarter than her pops.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 02:13 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: It's an interesting thought. I guess we truly may never know the power Katie has in terms of decision making but it looks like she's smarter than her pops.

I certainly know who I was more impressed with on Hard Knocks...

Reply/Quote
Wonder why Paul Brown jr never got involved with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 12:55 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I think she is running the show and has been for a few years now. You can see it in so many things they've done over the last few seasons. I think the only reason they haven't made that more official is that she really, really wants to get her dad a playoff win first before taking the spotlight for herself... and maybe people will laugh at that, but if most people were in that position they'd probably do the same.
I agree, from everything I've read, she took a more prominent role starting after the 2010 season.

Then this year it seems like she's just completely taking the role of GM over.

I read an interview from Jerry Jones today about his first ever senior bowl.

“I’ll never forget the first morning that I was here in Mobile. We had a staff meeting. We had our entire coaching staff. Jimmy Johnson was our coach. We had the entire scouting staff. And it probably was in excess of 35-40, and it could’ve been — counting pilots and all — it could’ve been 45 people. Well, Mike Brown of the Cincinnati Bengals — my good friend — came up and he had his staff of three. And he asked me — and I’d been in the league. This was February, that I’d bought into the league. And he said ‘Are you enjoying this?’ And I said ‘This is the greatest thrill I’ve had to date.’ And he said ‘Well, I hope you are, because you don’t need 50 people to scout this place.’”

Jerry Jones and Mike Brown are good friends and both are known for running the day to day operations.

Though they go about it with very different approaches.

It just struck me that essentially Mike Brown had a staff of three and Jerry had a staff of nearly fifty.

But if reports are true that Katie took a more prominent role after 2010 season. That means we had those 5 straight playoff appearances she since took on a more prominent role.

This year it seems, at least from reports, that she's completely doing all the hires and interviews. That essentially for all intents and purposes she's the GM.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 04:30 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Wonder why Paul Brown jr never got involved with the Bengals.

He replaced his Uncle Pete as the Vice President of Player Personnel and was involved in the HC interview process

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 11:40 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: Something has been on my mind here lately. The discussion around here lately has been Katie Blackburn has been running things.

The reports said that it was Katie, not her dad Mike Brown, that did every single interview. Not only was she doing the interviews, but she was traveling all over America to do those interviews.

While her dad is still the one signing the checks, she's the one doing the ground work.

She was out there traveling to make sure she got the best coach for the job. She interviewed ever single candidate that we as fans could of hoped for.

Early indications are that it's going to be Zac Taylor. Sean McVay created a position for him on the Rams coaching staff after being blown away by his interview, naming him assistant WR Coach before becoming QB coach, McVay said that he was 'over qualified' for the job he gave him from reports I've read.

Even Jon Gruden said he was going to be a good head coach. I've heard nothing, but similar praise from everyone who has worked with him.

This franchise was created by the Paul Brown, the man who signed the first ever African American athlete in Pro Sports history.

He fought for equality in sports. He wanted the best player period! As Jim Brown said 'If you did things his way, you never had to worthy about anything else.' You were set and you had a friend for life.

Well, this franchise has a chance to be innovative and break barriers again.

As we all know Zac Taylor could come in here and go 12-4 or 4-12 just as easily. I know that, you all know that. Plus, it's still early. We have the draft, free agency and still have to fill out the rest of the coaching staff.

But if this turns out to be a slam dunk coaching hire and we win our first playoff game in years, does Katie Blackburn deserve to be the first ever, to my knowledge, female NFL executive of the year?

I think she does.

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you all think Katie is essentially running the show?

I have said for some time now that it is Katie, Troy, and (previously) Marvin.  Marvin wasn't allowed to select the players himself for the draft, but he had a lot of input and he also helped make decisions on potential FA.

Mike Brown has been a figure head more than an active decision maker.  He is still involved, but he isn't the day to day manager that Katie and Troy are.  
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 04:30 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Wonder why Paul Brown jr never got involved with the Bengals.
From my knowledge he is apart of the organization and was apart of the interviews

But I have no idea what he does on a day to day basis and to be honest I don't know if I would recognize him, if I even saw him.

I've been restoring a car and my friend, who happens to be my neighbor, was talking to me one today. He's an older gentleman, 64 to be exact and a Bengals fan, and asked me if I had planned on having kids someday.

I said ideally I'd like two, a boy and girl, and he asked me if when I got older and planned to leave it to one of the kids that I wouldn't just leave it to the boy, but to whoever was passionate about it.

If it was the girl that was always asking me about it, wanting to help me with it and asking to drive it, then leave the car to her and vice versa for the boy.

If I had to guess it's probably the same thing.

Paul Brown Jr I'm sure likes the business and wants to be apart of it, but Katie it seems is the one who is passionate about it.

That would be my guess, but I'm not really for sure.
Reply/Quote
Always thought she was attractive till I saw her at this angle. Now, not at all.

[Image: 168616342.jpg.0.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It was reported that Mikey and Marvin were either both coming back or neither was coming back
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Marvin sealed his fate when he let the Browns sweep us.....
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 10:03 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Always thought she was attractive till I saw her at this angle. Now, not at all.

Further proof she's been running the team for a while now.  Wink 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 02:13 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: It's an interesting thought. I guess we truly may never know the power Katie has in terms of decision making but it looks like she's smarter than her pops.
I have a rock in my front yard that's smarter than her pops.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 10:03 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Always thought she was attractive till I saw her at this angle. Now, not at all.

I've seen women age much less gracefully.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
She'll make a few bad decisions too, part of the job, unfortunately. Hopefully they are/will not be as bad as daddy's and more aligned with gramps.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 11:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Marvin sealed his fate when he let the Browns sweep us.....

I firmly believe that played a major role in Marvin’s downfall. Sure, get swept by Pittsburgh all you want. But get swept by the Browns?? Oh hell naww... #MikeBrownLogic Ninja
Reply/Quote

Yeesh, she’s practically a clone. No doubt she’s a Brown.
Reply/Quote

Nothing Photoshop can't fix.   Ninja
Reply/Quote