Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Katie Blackburn
(01-26-2019, 12:33 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Nothing Photoshop can't fix.   Ninja

She looks like a dude from that angle.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 11:40 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: Something has been on my mind here lately. The discussion around here lately has been Katie Blackburn has been running things.

The reports said that it was Katie, not her dad Mike Brown, that did every single interview. Not only was she doing the interviews, but she was traveling all over America to do those interviews.

While her dad is still the one signing the checks, she's the one doing the ground work.

She was out there traveling to make sure she got the best coach for the job. She interviewed ever single candidate that we as fans could of hoped for.

Early indications are that it's going to be Zac Taylor. Sean McVay created a position for him on the Rams coaching staff after being blown away by his interview, naming him assistant WR Coach before becoming QB coach, McVay said that he was 'over qualified' for the job he gave him from reports I've read.

Even Jon Gruden said he was going to be a good head coach. I've heard nothing, but similar praise from everyone who has worked with him.

This franchise was created by the Paul Brown, the man who signed the first ever African American athlete in Pro Sports history.

He fought for equality in sports. He wanted the best player period! As Jim Brown said 'If you did things his way, you never had to worthy about anything else.' You were set and you had a friend for life.

Well, this franchise has a chance to be innovative and break barriers again.

As we all know Zac Taylor could come in here and go 12-4 or 4-12 just as easily. I know that, you all know that. Plus, it's still early. We have the draft, free agency and still have to fill out the rest of the coaching staff.

But if this turns out to be a slam dunk coaching hire and we win our first playoff game in years, does Katie Blackburn deserve to be the first ever, to my knowledge, female NFL executive of the year?

I think she does.

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you all think Katie is essentially running the show?

Great post as usual TBM. I think the torch has been officially passed but it isn't just Katie. Troy, Paul and Duke are all together in this and it really shows. Some of the moves they have been making are just what us fans have been calling for and that was never in Mikey's thoughts much if at all.

We will see how it goes but i think the arrow is definately pointing up.

We needed a culture change and this is just how you go about it. Should take some time but hey, with these players these changes could honestly motivate them immediately just as easy.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully, the biggest thing she learned from her father is don't try to do it yourself. You run the franchise, have qualified football people run the team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 03:42 PM)McC Wrote: Hopefully, the biggest thing she learned from her father is don't try to do it yourself. You run the franchise, have qualified football people run the team.

Yes, it never hurts to listen to other's opinions....

Unless it is a Steelers fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 03:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, it never hurts to listen to other's opinions....

When did the Browns start to turn it around?  When the idiot owner got the heck outa the way.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 03:54 PM)McC Wrote: When did the Browns start to turn it around?  When the idiot owner got the heck outa the way.

Damn rights and tell that to the government and its all good.

Let the people that know how to do their job do their job.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 03:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, it never hurts to listen to other's opinions....

I stepped in a pile of Steeler fan the other day. Had to power wash the sole of my shoe to get the stink off.

Reply/Quote
Might want to pump the breaks on her being the savior just yet. After reading this article from 3/2016... I was hearing a lot of the same things Mike has said with his philosophy and noticed some things NOT said... like winning a Super Bowl. She mentions the Bengals being a successful “BUSINESS” ....but not one word about being a consistent Super Bowl contender......looks like Mikey may have already “groomed” Katie to his image. Money first....Winning is optional. I hope I’m wrong.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/25/nfl-katie-blackburn-cincinnati-bengals
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 08:51 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Might want to pump the breaks on her being the savior just yet. After reading this article from 3/2016... I was hearing a lot of the same things Mike has said with his philosophy and noticed some things NOT said... like winning a Super Bowl. She mentions the Bengals being a successful “BUSINESS” ....but not one word about being a consistent Super Bowl contender......looks like Mikey may have already “groomed” Katie to his image. Money first....Winning is optional. I hope I’m wrong.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/25/nfl-katie-blackburn-cincinnati-bengals

If it was strictly money first, how likely would it be that they would pay two coaching staffs for the coming season?

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 07:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have said for some time now that it is Katie, Troy, and (previously) Marvin.  Marvin wasn't allowed to select the players himself for the draft, but he had a lot of input and he also helped make decisions on potential FA.

Mike Brown has been a figure head more than an active decision maker.  He is still involved, but he isn't the day to day manager that Katie and Troy are.  

Exactly. Mike provides cover for Katie, too, because he knows that the fans are just going to blame any and all things that go wrong on him any ways.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 09:39 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Exactly. Mike provides cover for Katie, too, because he knows that the fans are just going to blame any and all things that go wrong on him any ways.

You give him too much credit.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 09:12 PM)McC Wrote: If it was strictly money first, how likely would it be that they would pay two coaching staffs for the coming season?

Yep. Replacing Marvin alone would have sold some tickets energized the fan base a good deal. If they really wanted to be cheap they could have made our new HC keep a bunch of the staff we already had. They’re obviously all in on Taylor, and letting him pick his own guys though. That’s a football decision, not a business one.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2019, 12:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Replacing Marvin alone would have sold some tickets energized the fan base a good deal. If they really wanted to be cheap they could have made our new HC keep a bunch of the staff we already had. They’re obviously all in on Taylor, and letting him pick his own guys though. That’s a football decision, not a business one.

I suspect that unlike college football the pros coaches aren't paid a gazillion times more than the players..  Personally I don't really care how much they're paid unless it comes directly from my checking account and if they had to be paid from my checking account they just might be out looking for better pay.. I'm not exactly rich these days. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2019, 09:17 AM)grampahol Wrote: I suspect that unlike college football the pros coaches aren't paid a gazillion times more than the players..  Personally I don't really care how much they're paid unless it comes directly from my checking account and if they had to be paid from my checking account they just might be out looking for better pay.. I'm not exactly rich these days. 

Marvin made 6 million a year, and was one of the highest paid coaches in the league, because, you know, Mike Brown is cheap
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2019, 09:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Marvin made 6 million a year, and was one of the highest paid coaches in the league, because, you know, Mike Brown is cheap

So Marv is now officially the Coach Formerly Known As The 6 million Dollar Coach! 
We have the technology to make him bigger, stronger, faster...que the sound...qwew qwew qwew qwew.. The bionic eye zeros in on... Ced ! 
Wait...wrong race.. The bionic guy was always white..(not to be racist here..but the 70s were the 70s..)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm just glad we're FINALLY going in a new direction and trying something different. Sounds like it was her doing. Good for her. Mike Brown was f-ing this team into oblivion.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2019, 09:12 PM)McC Wrote: If it was strictly money first, how likely would it be that they would pay two coaching staffs for the coming season?

Law of diminishing returns
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2019, 10:39 AM)grampahol Wrote: So Marv is now officially the Coach Formerly Known As The 6 million Dollar Coach! 
We have the technology to make him bigger, stronger, faster...que the sound...qwew qwew qwew qwew.. The bionic eye zeros in on... Ced ! 
Wait...wrong race.. The bionic guy was always white..(not to be racist here..but the 70s were the 70s..)

Putting myself in Mike's shoes, 6 million is nothing for years of peace of mind. It is worth it. It is stressful to have to negotiate anything, often.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 11:40 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: Something has been on my mind here lately. The discussion around here lately has been Katie Blackburn has been running things.

The reports said that it was Katie, not her dad Mike Brown, that did every single interview. Not only was she doing the interviews, but she was traveling all over America to do those interviews.

While her dad is still the one signing the checks, she's the one doing the ground work.

She was out there traveling to make sure she got the best coach for the job. She interviewed ever single candidate that we as fans could of hoped for.

Early indications are that it's going to be Zac Taylor. Sean McVay created a position for him on the Rams coaching staff after being blown away by his interview, naming him assistant WR Coach before becoming QB coach, McVay said that he was 'over qualified' for the job he gave him from reports I've read.

Even Jon Gruden said he was going to be a good head coach. I've heard nothing, but similar praise from everyone who has worked with him.

This franchise was created by the Paul Brown, the man who signed the first ever African American athlete in Pro Sports history.

He fought for equality in sports. He wanted the best player period! As Jim Brown said 'If you did things his way, you never had to worthy about anything else.' You were set and you had a friend for life.

Well, this franchise has a chance to be innovative and break barriers again.

As we all know Zac Taylor could come in here and go 12-4 or 4-12 just as easily. I know that, you all know that. Plus, it's still early. We have the draft, free agency and still have to fill out the rest of the coaching staff.

But if this turns out to be a slam dunk coaching hire and we win our first playoff game in years, does Katie Blackburn deserve to be the first ever, to my knowledge, female NFL executive of the year?

I think she does.

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you all think Katie is essentially running the show?
So let me get this straight, katie learned how to be a gm from one of the worst owners in nfl history and somehow she is supposed to he the savior of the franchise?

If you dont think there is someone out there way more talented and qualified to run this franchise than katie i have a bridge to sell you in the the middle of Antarctica.  

Jackie robinson might have something to say here as far as breaking barriers in pro sports btw.

Sorry, but nepotism still sucks and i have zero faith the brown family will magically change because mike is out of the way. 

Was that all mike brown who didnt sign whitworth? How about drafting ross at 9? How about not going after any fa when basically your whole starting offense is injured? Thats "gm of the year material?" I could go on here.

I get the fans want to be positive but i just cant swallow the katie is going to drastically improve the front office decision making pill.

THEY NEED TO HIRE A GM.. AND NOT ONE ATTACHED BY CRONEY NEPOTISM TO THE BROWN FAMILY.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2019, 02:21 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: So let me get this straight, katie learned how to be a gm from one of the worst owners in nfl history and somehow she is supposed to he the savior of the franchise?

If you dont think there is someone out there way more talented and qualified to run this franchise than katie i have a bridge to sell you in the the middle of Antarctica.  

Jackie robinson might have something to say here as far as breaking barriers in pro sports btw.

Sorry, but nepotism still sucks and i have zero faith the brown family will magically change because mike is out of the way. 

Was that all mike brown who didnt sign whitworth? How about drafting ross at 9? How about not going after any fa when basically your whole starting offense is injured? Thats "gm of the year material?" I could go on here.

I get the fans want to be positive but i just cant swallow the katie is going to drastically improve the front office decision making pill.

THEY NEED TO HIRE A GM.. AND NOT ONE ATTACHED BY CRONEY NEPOTISM TO THE BROWN FAMILY.

[Image: wrongside.PNG]

Reply/Quote