Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-06-2018, 08:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In what way? If someone breaks the rules and they are punished, bringing the attention to something they see as wrong, what part of Article I pertains to this?

Ah, so you are the one that is only okay with civil disobedience you agree with. I got it, now.

Please with the civil disobedience. He wanted something released because he thought it could make Kavanaugh look bad. Then we find out that he knew they were already OKed so he’s a fake at even faking it. Like I said earlier, the Dems owe some payback, but let’s not try to pretend they are being noble.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-06-2018, 09:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Please with the civil disobedience. He wanted something released because he thought it could make Kavanaugh look bad. Then we find out that he knew they were already OKed so he’s a fake at even faking it. Like I said earlier, the Dems owe some payback, but let’s not try to pretend they are being noble.

At least Thom Tillis called him out on his BS this evening.

I will say that Booker is very articulate and I see how he could persuade many; even to the point of a sitting Senator knowingly breaking the rules is a good thing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 40840092_2679495145394780_48562001386762...e=5C31EDEB]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-06-2018, 09:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Please with the civil disobedience. He wanted something released because he thought it could make Kavanaugh look bad. Then we find out that he knew they were already OKed so he’s a fake at even faking it. Like I said earlier, the Dems owe some payback, but let’s not try to pretend they are being noble.

Is it just because it will look bad or is it because the people deserve to see the stuff? You are assuming motive.

As to the bold: I'm confused by this, because during the hearing, from what I understand, he was told that was he was planning to do would violate Senate rules.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-06-2018, 09:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 40840092_2679495145394780_48562001386762...e=5C31EDEB]

I think he’s correct in answering that way. It hasn’t been tested yet.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-06-2018, 09:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Is it just because it will look bad or is it because the people deserve to see the stuff?

As to the bold: I'm confused by this, because during the hearing, from what I understand, he was told that was he was planning to do would violate Senate rules.

Because he thinks it will make him look bad. Unless he has a history of releasing documents he believes are improperly classified or we believe this is the first time he has encountered this happening in five years.

The people who released the documents say they informed him last night they would be OKed.

(09-06-2018, 09:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think he’s correct in answering that way.  It hasn’t been tested yet.

What would you say?
[Image: image.png.92e256bac643ecc2f34edfa4f727bfeb.png] That damning Kavanaugh "racial profiling" document?

[Image: 7cf257cc-653e-4938-a18c-ac81617b8066.jpg]

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/09...m_campaign=DMS
(09-06-2018, 09:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: What would you say?

It hasn’t been tested. If a case comes before me then I will listen to the arguments and make a judgment. To expect him to make a definitive judgment there is ridiculous. We see it every time there is a nomination and they all answer the same.

(09-06-2018, 09:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It hasn’t been tested. If a case comes before me then I will listen to the arguments and make a judgment. To expect him to make a definitive judgment there is ridiculous. We see it every time there is a nomination and they all answer the same.

That's a legalese answer.

I asked what YOU would say.
(09-06-2018, 09:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: [Image: image.png.92e256bac643ecc2f34edfa4f727bfeb.png] That damning Kavanaugh "racial profiling" document?

So why do you think the GOP blocked that under the guise of "national security"?
(09-06-2018, 09:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: So why do you think the GOP blocked that under the guise of "national security"?

So, what's wrong with race neutral?  If you want to eliminate racial profiling, that is definitely the way to go, right?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-06-2018, 09:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's a legalese answer.

I asked what YOU would say.

You asked me what I would say. That’s what I would say.

(09-06-2018, 09:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: So why do you think the GOP blocked that under the guise of "national security"?

So Spartacus would make an ass out of himself after straight up lying.

(09-06-2018, 09:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, what's wrong with race neutral?  If you want to eliminate racial profiling, that is definitely the way to go, right?

ThumbsUp

So why do you think the GOP blocked that under the guise of "national security"?
(09-06-2018, 09:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: [Image: image.png.92e256bac643ecc2f34edfa4f727bfeb.png] That damning Kavanaugh "racial profiling" document?

The gushing tweets are funny. (And yes I know I could find similar on the other side)

(09-06-2018, 09:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: ThumbsUp

Could have been any number of reasons:

Perhaps is was originally marked as such

Perhaps the sender chose to encrypt it

Perhaps someone on the cc line, ect.. had a secure email address

Any number of reasons. Best to err on the side of caution IMO. I do realize that is not a popular stance given the current population that thinks they should be privy to everything and will applaud an elected official that feigned civil obedience to giving it to them

(09-06-2018, 09:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Could have been any number of reasons:

Perhaps is was originally marked as such

Perhaps the sender chose to encrypt it

Perhaps someone on the cc line, ect.. had a secure email address

Any number of reasons. Best to err on the side of caution IMO. I do realize that is not a popular stance given the current population that thinks they should be privy to everything and will applaud an elected official that feigned civil obedience to giving it to them

Don’t short change him. The rule he pretended to break can get you tossed from the Senate.

(09-06-2018, 10:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Don’t short change him. The rule he pretended to break can get you tossed from the Senate.

Bring It

(09-06-2018, 09:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: ThumbsUp

Who cares.  He expresses his favor of race neutral security.  Sometimes when people get exactly what they want, they're still not happy with it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23