Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-27-2018, 05:56 PM)Benton Wrote: I hope not. That's not the job.

Sure it is. The way they see precedent and the Constitution.  It's not to spare anyone's feelings. What do you think a SCOTUS should do?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'm not sure Republicans are helping at all. Maybe with their base, but is that who they need to be trying to reach? First Fox screws him, now fellow Republicans are overplaying their hand.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
They keep bringing up Stormy Daniels lawyer. You know the one that has been proven right as it relates to Stormy's relationship and secret payoffs. Man they are off the rails.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-27-2018, 05:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not saying he can't say these things. I'm saying the reason I don't want him on SCOTUS is because is a partisan actor and that is not something that we should have on the court. Different approaches to interpretation is one thing, but his history is an unprecedented thing on the bench.

Of course justice should be blind but every SCOTUS justice I've ever seen nominated had a history of political leanings. Hell Kagan was counsel for Clinton, but somehow Kavs is unprecedented.  

(09-27-2018, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah but the Dems decided it ignore her wishes when he passed the first interview. Hell he wasn't make preference; he's not conservative enough. 

Are you sure that's what happened?

Really, really sure?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-27-2018, 05:55 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: He asked if there was tough questions asked. I don’t think there was, do you?

They asked her about her inability to recall details.

They asked about her drinking that day.

What else should they have asked?  We can't have a discussion about "tough questions" if we don't know what you are talking about.
(09-27-2018, 06:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Are you sure that's what happened?

Really, really sure?

Nope, maybe the GOP leaked the letter. We do know Booker would never do anything such as that.

FWIW, I don't think 1 Dem has asked him about the sexual assault. Why wouldn't they do that? 

(09-27-2018, 06:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They asked her about her inability to recall details.

They asked about her drinking that day.

What else should they have asked?  We can't have a discussion about "tough questions" if we don't know what you are talking about.

Not up to me to come up with the questions.
(09-27-2018, 06:07 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Not up to me to come up with the questions.

So WTF are you even discussing "tough questions"?

Sure sounded to me like you guys were complaining about lack of "tough questions".
SOunds like devil's triangle is a drinking game nobody ever played ! Big Grin

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(09-27-2018, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So WTF are you even discussing "tough questions"?

Sure sounded to me like you guys were complaining about lack of "tough questions".

Not going to debate this with you. IMO she was treated with kid gloves. If you don’t agree that’s up to you.
(09-27-2018, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course justice should be blind but every SCOTUS justice I've ever seen nominated had a history of political leanings. Hell Kagan was counsel for Clinton, but somehow Kavs is unprecedented.  

Almost anyone who has worked in government has been hire or appointed by a person from a particular party.  But Kavanaugh was an attack dog for Ken Starr when he was trying to prove the Clintons murdered Vince Foster.  Kavanaugh leaked material to advance the conspiracy.  Kavanuagh also played a significant part in drafting the report that argued for the impeachment of Bill Clinton.

There is a big difference between doing a government job and actually being a political activist.
(09-27-2018, 06:18 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Not going to debate this with you. IMO she was treated with kid gloves. If you don’t agree that’s up to you.

Of course she was treated with kid gloves. She asserted she drank 1 beer at the gathering (doesn't know when it happened, where it happened, or apparently who was there) but she clearly remembers only drinking 1 beer.

As to Kavs, they have not stop asking him about drinking. Fred's just being biased. 

(09-27-2018, 06:18 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Not going to debate this with you. IMO she was treated with kid gloves. If you don’t agree that’s up to you.

perfect example of someone blinded by their political beliefs.

"I have no idea why I believe this, but I am certain it is true." 
(09-27-2018, 06:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: perfect example of someone blinded by their political beliefs.

Hey I provided an example. Does that count?

(09-27-2018, 06:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: perfect example of someone blinded by their political beliefs.

My political beliefs led me to be a registered Dem for over 30 years.
Damn I’m getting old. Make that 40 years.
(09-27-2018, 04:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Kav has already messed up by focusing on politics, blaming Dems and siting conspiracy theories. Something Ford never even mentioned (politics). It's like Trump wrote his introduction.

Calling this revenge for the Clintons, calling this a hit job, shooting questions back at Senators asking them if they have drinking problems... i don't know it just sounds like a bad idea if you want to come off as innocent.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I think the point has been proven both here and in the hearing. One of these people have been treated fairly by both sides. Yet, the left cannot recognize their venom.

(09-27-2018, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course she was treated with kid gloves. She asserted she drank 1 beer at the gathering (doesn't know when it happened, where it happened, or apparently who was there) but she clearly remembers only drinking 1 beer.

As to Kavs, they have not stop asking him about drinking. Fred's just being biased. 

They asked her about the drinking.

What question should they have asked her that they did not?

Maybe if there was a book written by one of her friends about them drinking and partying like animals they would have more specific questions to ask her.  Maybe if her yearbook had quotes like "100 kegs or bust" or "Beach Week Ralph Club" they might have some more questions about her drinking.