Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-27-2018, 09:49 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I liked the comparison to the Neil Gorsuch nomination.

Same committee.
Same President nominating.
No accusations.

No problems.

Conspiracy theory debunked.

No chance to run the clock out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-27-2018, 10:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No chance to run the clock out.  I guess Garland didn’t happen because Kagan.

Gorsuch was not carrying any rape baggage like hothead Kavanaugh.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(09-27-2018, 09:49 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I liked the comparison to the Neil Gorsuch nomination.

Same committee.
Same President nominating.
No accusations.

No problems.

Conspiracy theory debunked.

I cannot remember. Did the Dems say they were not going to vote for Gorsuch before he waa even nominated?

Did anyone call him evil?

Did they say their goal was not to confirm him?

It is not the same and most people know it. Gorsuch was expected, he was replacing one of the most conservative voices on SCOTUS and no amount of grandstanding could delay it for 2 years until then mid-terms. Kavs was not expected, he is replacing what was often a swing vote, and they are hoping they can delay long enough to get to November and call the current congress lame duck.

You can assert the Dems have no calculated plan here, just don't expect everyone to agree with it. Hell them Dems have even made known their conspiracy theory. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-27-2018, 10:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Forever being thought of as a rapist if he’s innocent is pretty ruinous.

Yeah. I can see how that would be a problem for a rapist. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(09-27-2018, 09:56 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah. Y'know, outside of a rich white boy not getting something he feels entitled to, I don't see how not getting the nomination messes up his life so much. He still has his federal judge position, his $200K a year salary, his multi-million dollar home (which, technically he shouldn't be able to afford, but somehow does).

Life is hard when you are tinfoil hat-wearing snowflake hothead, eh!

Hence the reason a spoiled rich white child-like entitled conman sexual deviant is prez. 

There is a reason the corrupt republican party is trying to plow through the nomination of one of the good old boys.

Got to protect these types. Lil weirdo rapey kav is delicate like a lot of these guys. 
(09-27-2018, 10:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is that how you approach determining the truth?

It's something to consider when trying to determine why someone would do something.  What do they have to lose?

(09-27-2018, 10:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I know. Can you imagine being angry?

I know I'd be angry too.  Might even raise my voice.

I also know Trump likes men who yell and people who say there are conspiracies to get him and blame the Clintons.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-27-2018, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I cannot remember. Did the Dems say they were not going to vote for Gorsuch before he waa even nominated?

It is not the same and most people know it. Gorsuch was expected, he was replacing one of the most conservative voices on SCOTUS and no amount of grandstanding could delay it for 2 years until then mid-terms. Kavs was not expected, he is replacing what was often a swing vote, and they are hoping they can delay long enough to get to November and call the current congress lame duck.

You can assert the Dems have no calculated plan here, just don't expect everyone to agree with it. Hell them Dems have even made known their conspiracy theory. 

Glad to see how "open minded" you are being about the hearings.   Hilarious
(09-27-2018, 10:17 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah. I can see how that would be a problem for a rapist. Ninja

You're better than this. 

(09-27-2018, 12:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: SSF is a complete extremist when it come to gun laws.  There are lots of moderate people who don't want to ban guns.  All they want is simple common sense laws to help hold gunowners responsible and prosecute criminals illegally in possession of guns.  But he claims that we can not have even the slightest gun control laws like licensing and registration because that will inevitably lead to the government taking every ones weapons.

You spelled constitutionalist wrong.  An extremist would be for repealing the NRA and allowing any weapon to be owned, I am not for that.  I am against "common sense" (nice talking point drone) gun laws that will make further confiscation efforts easier.  Don't tell me they won't happen, I've already witnessed it firsthand in CA.  Facts trump your maybes all day.

(09-27-2018, 06:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Calling this revenge for the Clintons, calling this a hit job, shooting questions back at Senators asking them if they have drinking problems... i don't know it just sounds like a bad idea if you want to come off as innocent.

Not saying it should convince anyone one way or another, but Kavanuagh's reaction is precisely that of an innocent man.  If you're being slandered and demeaned in front of the whole world then a very natural response is to be angry at being attacked.  
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/kavanaugh/card/1538060501

Quote:Kavanaugh Monitoring Hearing From Elsewhere

[font=Exchange, georgia, times, メイリオ, Meiryo,][font=Exchange, georgia, times, メイリオ, Meiryo,] Among those watching Dr. Ford’s testimony was Judge Kavanaugh, a committee aide said, from a monitor in another room in the Dirksen Senate Building, where he awaits the opportunity to tell his side of the story later today. [/font][/font]
[font=Exchange, georgia, times, メイリオ, Meiryo,][font=Exchange, georgia, times, メイリオ, Meiryo,]
UPDATE: Judge Kavanaugh said during his hearing that he did not watch Dr. Ford's testimony. He said he had intended to but was preparing for his own testimony.[/font]
[/font]

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bad8278726d7a6636d74bcd]
(09-27-2018, 10:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Glad to see how "open minded" you are being about the hearings.   Hilarious

Assuming you thought you had a point in your head. All I did was point out the difference of the 2 nominations. Perhaps you could go quote another Washington Examiner OP-Ed to show how you independently, open-mindedly follow the proceedings.

(09-27-2018, 10:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not saying it should convince anyone one way or another, but Kavanuagh's reaction is precisely that of an innocent man.  If you're being slandered and demeaned in front of the whole world then a very natural response is to be angry at being attacked.  

Especially blaming the Clintons...that's always good for getting Republicans to vote for you.   Ninja
(09-27-2018, 10:16 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Gorsuch was carrying any rape baggage like hothead Kavanaugh.

Only a person who has made up his mind would refer to someone defending themselves against attempted rape charges as a hothead.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I think the Dems and their backers will have to look for a new slant. Before the hearing folks were saying they find Ford to be more credible. Nothing to support this, they just did.

After the hearing credibility might have moved back toward Kavs. He had a journal documenting his whereabouts, explained many of the things in his yearbook and pointed to the fact that all 4 folks that Ford said were at the party state they remember no such party.

So now they will have to come up with other things.

No ones minds are changed after all of this and Kavanaugh will still be confirmed.

It amazes me the level the left has stooped to, they are in panic mode right now and because of this, will most likely lose seats in November.

What's really crazy and will turn the left deadly will be when Trump gets to nominate Amy Cony Barrett after RBG retires.

As I've said, something happened to Ford back in 1982 but I don't believe it was Kavanaugh who did it.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(09-27-2018, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I cannot remember. Did the Dems say they were not going to vote for Gorsuch before he waa even nominated?

Calculated as hell. Start with a sexual deviant conman prez under fbi investigation with the power to nominate. Add a scotus nominee with multiple disqualifying attributes. And bam that equals x. The problem is x. Dems try to solve x. 
(09-27-2018, 10:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Calculated as hell. Start with a sexual deviant conman prez under fbi investigation with the power to nominate. Add a scotus nominee with multiple disqualifying attributes. And bam that equals x. The problem is x. Dems try to solve x. 

Who nominated Kavanaugh to his Federal judgeship?  Another sexual deviant?
(09-27-2018, 10:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Only a person who has made up his mind would refer to someone defending themselves against attempted rape charges as a hothead.

So you haven't made up your mind?
(09-27-2018, 10:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Only a person who has made up his mind would refer to someone defending themselves against attempted rape charges as a hothead.

He actually refereed to him as a rapist because.....

(09-27-2018, 10:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Who nominated Kavanaugh to his Federal judgeship?  Another sexual deviant?

Not the person who nominated him for the scotus. Which is the only reason i know who he is