Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
I did learn that Kavanaugh played basketball. He repeated that several times in fact, just so we would know.

Unless it is some sort of Russian codeword!!! Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(09-27-2018, 11:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Keep asking but i dont care. Did they question these women when they did his other background investigations?

The you admit your initial point is garbage.  Good to know, let's move on.
(09-27-2018, 11:07 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: He is a hothead. It's on film if you don't believe me. And being a hothead is not a good quality for judges, who have to listen and consider multiple viewpoints daily in their jobs.

And, actually, showing emotion like that makes him look like he has something to worry about. Innocent people who believe and trust in our legal system don't have to worry. Are you saying that a SCOTUS nominee doesn't trust and believe in our legal system?!?!?!

I call him a rapist because the POTUS refused to have FBI investigate to clear him of the charges and because the GOP-led hearing today refused to allow other witnesses. He very well may be a rapist. There are several that accuse him of sex crimes. Why would you fail to consider that as a possibility?

This is a confirmation hearing not the legal system. He’s basically being asked to prove his innocence.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-27-2018, 11:07 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: He is a hothead. It's on film if you don't believe me. And being a hothead is not a good quality for judges, who have to listen and consider multiple viewpoints daily in their jobs.

And, actually, showing emotion like that makes him look like he has something to worry about. Innocent people who believe and trust in our legal system don't have to worry. Are you saying that a SCOTUS nominee doesn't trust and believe in our legal system?!?!?!

I call him a rapist because the POTUS refused to have FBI investigate to clear him of the charges and because the GOP-led hearing today refused to allow other witnesses. He very well may be a rapist. There are several that accuse him of sex crimes. Why would you fail to consider that as a possibility?

Your assertion of what makes a good judge aside. Kavs has received outstanding reviews for throughout his judicial career.

Ford was emotional, but that was the good I'm an innocent victim kind, am I right? What happened today has nothing to do with our legal system. He has said he'll accept whatever the committee demands. Folks are just mad because he won't side with what the Dems want.

He has not refused any FBI investigation. As to your question: burden of proof. Why do you call him a rapist; guilty until proven innocent? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-27-2018, 11:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This is a confirmation hearing not the legal system. He’s basically being asked to prove his innocence.

C'mon dude, if allegations against you that will destroy your life are made and you're confronted by a hostile person who wants to believe it you have to keep a cool head or you'll look even more guiltier.

Seriously, I've interviewed thousands of people during investigations, Kavanaugh's reactions were not that of a person who is guilty.  He may be guilty and be a great actor, but anyone couching his anger as proof of his guilt hasn't got a clue what they're talking about.
(09-27-2018, 11:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think Ford is a "conspiracy, I think she honestly believes what she says.  

Kavanaugh does.

(09-27-2018, 11:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Is it, sweetie?

More than you can ever know.   Smirk

(09-27-2018, 11:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Completely true.

Nervous

(09-27-2018, 11:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You mean the accused defended himself?!?!  I'm aghast!

I mean the opposite. He didn't answer simple questions like “vomiting in someone’s car and passing out. Is that you?”  That's pretty much a yes/no answer.  Instead we got a nice sermon on how Judge just picked random names for his stories.  I have ZERO problem with his being angry or defending himself if he believes he is indeed innocent. Not answering is the wrong way to defend yourself from an accusation.

(09-27-2018, 11:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He believes he's the victim of a partisan witch hunt.  If he is innocent of these allegations then he is precisely correct.  So, again, it all boils down to who you believe.

I agree with that.  I just don't think, purely from a PR perspective, that he went about it the right way.

(09-27-2018, 11:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Didn't happen.  We've been over this, if he was demonstrably guilty of perjury then the Dems on the committee would be all over it.  They aren't because he didn't.  Endless repetition will not change this.

Sure thing dude.

(09-27-2018, 11:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: We shall see.

Indeed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-27-2018, 11:13 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I did learn that Kavanaugh played basketball. He repeated that several times in fact, just so we would know.

Unless it is some sort of Russian codeword!!!  Ninja

Basically everbody he didnt sexually traumatize in his drunken violent fits thinks he is great. 

Hell he played football and baseball too. We all know damn well anyone involved in athletics automatically can not be a scumbag.
(09-27-2018, 11:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This is a confirmation hearing not the legal system. He’s basically being asked to prove his innocence.

He's applying for a job. A lifetime position on the highest court in the land. And, apparently, his initial background check wasn't thorough enough. But he and Trump could fix that and forever clear his 'good name' by having the FBI find facts.

Hmmm. I wonder why they don't do that?
(09-27-2018, 10:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:
Of course, the Dems say we shouldn't have believed her then, or now, but we should believe Ford.
  That fact that you're so ignorant of how blinkered you are is tragically comic.

Sure. I didn't realize the Dems were doing that. 

That's why I pointed out Hannity's reversal of charges in a running commentary.

But YOU figured out what I never suspected--THE DEMS ARE DOING IT TOO!!!

LOL and then you had to call someone tragicomically ignorant.

I hate to explain this; like explaining a joke, but here's some help:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Circular%20Irony
I notice that the GOP didn't want the Sex Crimes Prosecutor questioning him..... at all.

Agreed. As I said before, the last thing the scotus needs is an opinionated, hothead guy. Judges should, by and large, be impartial.

The only comparison I can think of is Clarence Thomas. Thomas didn't go through anything to this degree, but he had to endure severe scrutiny over allegations .. and he was pretty matter of fact from what I remember. He had faith in the process and it proved right.

And to his credit, he wasn't dumb enough to say 'i couldn't have done that,I was a virgin.'
(09-27-2018, 11:20 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: He's applying for a job. A lifetime position on the highest court in the land. And, apparently, his initial background check wasn't thorough enough. But he and Trump could fix that and forever clear his 'good name' by having the FBI find facts.

Because there is no evidence!  Why would we want an investigation if there is no evidence!  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-27-2018, 11:21 PM)Dill Wrote: Sure. I didn't realize the Dems were doing that. 

You're right, I missed all of them throwing their support behind her claims during the 2016 elections.  My bad, dude.   
(09-27-2018, 11:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The you admit your initial point is garbage.  Good to know, let's move on.

Oh so these women were involved in his previous background investigations? 
(09-27-2018, 11:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your assertion of what makes a good judge aside. Kavs has received outstanding reviews for throughout his judicial career.

Ford was emotional, but that was the good I'm an innocent victim kind, am I right? What happened today has nothing to do with our legal system. He has said he'll accept whatever the committee demands. Folks are just mad because he won't side with what the Dems want.

He has not refused any FBI investigation. As to your question: burden of proof. Why do you call him a rapist; guilty until proven innocent? 

I didn't see it as "I'm an innocent victim" anger. Sounded more to me like Trump yelling into one of his infamous tweets.

And today has everything to do with the legal system. He is applying for a job at SCOTUS. He's being questioned by a lot of people who (believe it or not) have law degrees.

An FBI check could make all of this go away for him....right?
(09-27-2018, 11:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Then I wonder why you haven't pointed that out to the posters railing against how partisan Kavanaugh is.  Selective outrage possibly?

Possibly you are wondering why I am not a black and white thinker.

I wonder why you find it so difficult to find shades of grey.
(09-27-2018, 11:22 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed. As I said before, the last thing the scotus needs is an opinionated, hothead guy. Judges should, by and large, be impartial.

The only comparison I can think of is Clarence Thomas. Thomas didn't go through anything to this degree, but he had to endure severe scrutiny over allegations .. and he was pretty matter of fact from what I remember. He had faith in the process and it proved right.

And to his credit, he wasn't dumb enough to say 'i couldn't have done that,I was a virgin.'

That's another thing: severity.

WTH?

You didn't know you were gonna get grilled on everything from your mama's birthday to the color of your underwear when you agreed to the nomination?

I got some people who bad mouthed McCain for being tortured by the North Vietnamese for years now telling me how freaking sad I am supposed to feel for a rich white dude having to be questioned for several days to get a job at SCOTUS! WTF is up with that crap!
(09-27-2018, 11:20 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: He's applying for a job. A lifetime position on the highest court in the land. And, apparently, his initial background check wasn't thorough enough. But he and Trump could fix that and forever clear his 'good name' by having the FBI find facts.

I don’t know what that has to do with your post that I responded to.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-27-2018, 11:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Basically everbody he didnt sexually traumatize in his drunken violent fits thinks he is great. 

Hell he played football and baseball too. We all know damn well anyone involved in athletics automatically can not be a scumbag.

^ Ray Rice and OJ Simpson endorse this comment.
(09-27-2018, 11:22 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed. As I said before, the last thing the scotus needs is an opinionated, hothead guy. Judges should, by and large, be impartial.

Yeah this wouldn’t be his first judgeship. He’s been a judge for quite a while so I’m guessing there are some instances of him being an uncontrolled hothead?