Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(09-27-2018, 11:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, I'm actually wondering exactly what I typed.   

Well here is what you actually typed.

(09-27-2018, 11:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Then I wonder why you haven't pointed that out to the posters railing against how partisan Kavanaugh is.  Selective outrage possibly?

My point was that "nothing partisan" has never been the standard.

Otherwise formulated, senators traditionally have not demanded nominees be somehow totally non partisan.  They only rejected people whose personal history raised questions of fitness and/or whose career history seemed especially partisan--a "warrior" for his/her cause. Kavanaugh meets both criteria. So in the past presidents tended to nominate people "acceptable" to the other side, and senators from both sides were satisfied with qualifications. With  few exceptions, the votes were then routine, no need for hearings.

If you understood that point, then why ask why I have not pointed it out to posters critical of Kavanaugh, who are not demanding "nothing partisan" in Republican nominees?

To get to "selective outrage," you'd have to assume 1) that said posters were assuming "nothing partisan" was the standard, or 2) that Kavanaugh was not convtroversial, someone whose career has not been especially partisan, a moderate pro-lifer with no history of doing one thing and saying another.   

Do you have any evidence of 1 or 2?  Did you misunderstand the point? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-28-2018, 03:50 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Kaanaugh didn't defend himself from anything. He denied the accusations, evaded questions put to him, explained about how he "played basketball", and went on a biased emotional rant about how "the Clintons are out to get me!!!". But it didn't matter anyway since he had the partisan good ole boys on the committee to pat him on the back and push him through.

And, if makes you feel any better, I have had to face false accusations in a hearing before. Frankly, I didn't have time to act like a drama queen towards the accuser as I had to collect and present the evidence and actually defend myself, unlike Kavanaugh.

But we do agree that Kavanaugh will be the next SCOTUS justice. The good ole boys will push that through for him. because having a partisan court is more important to them than any actual semblance of justice.

You are either a liar or just blinded by your hate of Trump.

NOBODY I mean NOBODY who has been falsely accused of something can look at what’s happening here and not take issue with how Kavenaugh has been treated by the left. Absolutely nothing corroborates Fords claims. NOTHING. In fact everything she’s stated is either a lie or has been refuted by the people she’s claimed were witnesses. Including her lifelong friend who she ends up throwing under the bus.

FYI Kavenaugh is a Bush guy not a Trump guy. Bush a vocal opponent of POTUS Trump supports Kavenaugh.

I hope they do an investigation just so that the people who are so quick to judgment such as yourself...will feel absolutely embarrassed for condemning a good man when everything pointed to this being a sham from the very beginning.
(09-28-2018, 03:32 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yes. His prior background checks did not look for what he has been accused of here. If there was no police report and no one they interviewed mentioned it, they would not have had a reason to look for it before the accusation.

He can behave like a judge. Instead, he chose to act hotheaded and politically biased while making unfounded accusations. Yeah... America expect more from a judge, especially a SCOTUS judge. But his demonstration was done for the behalf of the GOP senators on the committee and for the President. How encouraging is it to know we may soon have a SCOTUS judge who not only doesn't act refined and impartial as a judge should, but also can't think for himself and has to be spoon-fed partisan dribble.

Hearing accusations about someone wanting a federal position isn't a sham. The sham is trying to cover them up. Apparently, the committee agreed.

Enough with the "how much he has suffered!!!" crap. Some people make this sound like he was tortured by the North Vietnamese for years. Please. He sat for an extended job interview. He couldn't get through that without crying and screaming like a three year old. What a freaking nancyboy!!
Even though you and your biased agenda want to discredit his previous FBI background checks you really believe his character while in school was not brought into question during any of the. The fact that accusations such as these were never made prior, hurts your stance it does not support it.

I do not think his anger was totally to do with what had been done to him, but what has been done to his family.

Would it be OK, if I said Ford could not get past cryinging and sniffling because some drunken adolescent boy felt her up 35 years ago at a party she was at drinking underage? What a freaking drama queen!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-28-2018, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Even though you and your biased agenda want to discredit his previous FBI background checks you really believe his character while in school was not brought into question during any of the. The fact that accusations such as these were never made prior, hurts your stance it does not support it.

I do not think his anger was totally to do with what had been done to him, but what has been done to his family.

Would it be OK, if I said Ford could not get past cryinging and sniffling because some drunken adolescent boy felt her up 35 years ago at a party she was at drinking underage? What a freaking drama queen!!

I can't believe she didn't explaode every time they called her courageous, a hero, and a role model.  She showed serious self-control.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Weird to see people saying there is no need for an FBI investigation because they won't reach any conclusion anyway...and because there was already an FBI investigation that reached the conclusion that his background is clear.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-28-2018, 04:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can't believe she didn't explaode every time they called her courageous, a hero, and a role model.  She showed serious self-control.

How would you describe her?
(09-28-2018, 03:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Proven?  None.

If credible witnesses claim to have seen him participate in gang rape, and multiple times, with actual victims discovered and corroborating, you might be right. But I doubt we get something like that.

I think it rather likely the FBI could turn up people who remember Kavanaugh and his posse TALKING about getting girls drunk and maybe BRAGGING that they pulled a train on someone.  Same for his freshmen days at Yale. If more people remember that he stuck his penis in Ramirez' face, that would increase the likelihood that he, not his accusers, is "confused" about what happened in all the alleged assaults.  I think it likely this is what the FBI finds, given the behavior of K's friends and his reluctance to publicly say "Yes, I want the FBI to investigate."

If we get that sort of corroboration--far short of rape--then I am not sure he would lose all Senators votes, though he might lose enough that the President is forced to withdraw him, or he bows out himself, with another rant about the Clinton machine.
(09-28-2018, 04:02 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: You are either a liar or just blinded by your hate of Trump.  

NOBODY I mean NOBODY who has been falsely accused of something can look at what’s happening here and not take issue with how Kavenaugh has been treated by the left.  Absolutely nothing corroborates Fords claims.  NOTHING.  In fact everything she’s stated is either a lie or has been refuted by the people she’s claimed were witnesses.  Including her lifelong friend who she ends up throwing under the bus.  

FYI Kavenaugh is a Bush guy not a Trump guy.  Bush a vocal opponent of POTUS Trump supports Kavenaugh.  

I hope they do an investigation just so that the people who are so quick to judgment such as yourself...will feel absolutely embarrassed for condemning a good man when everything pointed to this being a sham from the very beginning.

Actually, people who are falsely accused of something and KNOW they have a stacked committee of partisan buddies supporting them and pushing them through no matter what have absolutely no reason to worry. Hence, they have no reason to behave like a three year old.

Trump nominated Kavanaugh from his short list. He is a Bush and a Trump guy.

Yes. We agree that the investigation would be a good thing. So... what's holding it back?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(09-28-2018, 04:22 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Actually, people who are falsely accused of something and KNOW they have a stacked committee of partisan buddies supporting them and pushing them through no matter what have absolutely no reason to worry. Hence, they have no reason to behave like a three year old.

Yes. We agree that the investigation would be a good thing. So... what's holding it back?

Nothing.  I believe they are having one.  The Dems should be thrilled now because in the end, that's all they ever wanted.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-28-2018, 04:22 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Actually, people who are falsely accused of something and KNOW they have a stacked committee of partisan buddies supporting them and pushing them through no matter what have absolutely no reason to worry. Hence, they have no reason to behave like a three year old.

I appears Fienstien has for over 2 months.

(09-28-2018, 04:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I appears Fienstien has for over 2 months. 

...until Ford gave her permission to use her name so she wasn't making accusations based on an anonymous letter.

And then every GOP on the committee since the letter was released.
(09-28-2018, 04:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: How would you describe her?

I didn't actually see her, just read, and I heard she remained calm and composed which stunned me seeing how many time she was called courageous and heroic.  That she held it together under that kind of scrutiny is quite impressive.  

(09-28-2018, 04:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: ...until Ford gave her permission to use her name so she wasn't making accusations based on an anonymous letter.

Did she actually receive permission?  

(09-28-2018, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Even though you and your biased agenda want to discredit his previous FBI background checks you really believe his character while in school was not brought into question during any of the. The fact that accusations such as these were never made prior, hurts your stance it does not support it.

There's no effort to "discredit his prior FBI background checks. They don't check things like that unless there is a reason to (police record, accusations, rumors, etc.). That did not occur. There was no reason for them to look for something beyond that. You see, the FBI are almost universally professional and non-biased. I realize some folks don't like that nowadays as it doesn't cater to them and their personal beliefs specifically.

What was done to his family? Anything that hasn't been done to any other family getting media attention during the past 10 years? What, they had to witness someone make accusations against their husband and father? Sounds like what Obama's daughters and wife had to witness. Does that make him angry? Maybe he shouldn't apply for such a high profile job, eh, since that is the nature of social media today.

Interesting, since I didnm't see Ford rant at all. She certainly didn't make accusations about the Republicans being "out to get here". In comparison, he looked like a Kardashian!
(09-28-2018, 04:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: ...until Ford gave her permission to use her name so she wasn't making accusations based on an anonymous letter.

First of all Feinstien is not a member of the clergy and is not bound by sacramental seal. If she had knowledge of a crime as serious as sexual assault she had an obligation to report it.

Secondly, all Ford asked was for it to remain confidential' this could have been done while still investigating. How much did you hear about Hav's prior FBI investigations.

Finally, someone broke her confidence and she stated the only people she shared the letter with was her Congresswoman, Fienstien, and her lawyers.

So you can stop anytime with the jumping to Fienstien's defense in this case. What she did is deployable.

(09-28-2018, 04:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nothing.  I believe they are having one.  The Dems should be thrilled now because in the end, that's all they ever wanted.

That's all I want. If it puts the accusations to bed, so be it.
(09-28-2018, 04:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Did she actually receive permission?  

Yes.  To the FBI.

No one knows how the contents leaked to the press.  It's believed one of Ford's friends did it.
(09-28-2018, 04:35 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: There's no effort to "discredit his prior FBI background checks. They don't check things like that unless there is a reason to (police record, accusations, rumors, etc.). That did not occur. There was no reason for them to look for something beyond that. You see, the FBI are almost universally professional and non-biased. I realize some folks don't like that nowadays as it doesn't cater to them and their personal beliefs specifically.

What was done to his family? Anything that hasn't been done to any other family getting media attention during the past 10 years? What, they had to witness someone make accusations against their husband and father? Sounds like what Obama's daughters and wife had to witness. Does that make him angry? Maybe he shouldn't apply for such a high profile job, eh, since that is the nature of social media today.

Interesting, since I didnm't see Ford rant at all. She certainly didn't make accusations about the Republicans being "out to get here". In comparison, he looked like a Kardashian!

You really didn't answer the question. Do you think his high School and college activities were looked at in any prior FBI background investigation?

Yep, just the same as receiving things such as:

Quote: "F--K YOU AND YOUR RAPIST HUSBAND."
"F--K YOU, RAPE ENABLING C--T. YOUR HUSBAND IS A LIAR, THIEF, RAPIST AND PROBABLY A PEDOPHILE. BURN IN HELL YOU WORTHLESS F-----G C--T," the email stated. "MAY YOU, YOUR HUSBAND AND YOUR KIDS BURN IN HELL YOU F-----G PIECES OF TRASH. EAAAAATTTTT S-----------T!!!!!!!!!!"
Anybody who sent such an email to my wife and/or anyone that played party to it, might see me get a little heated too and not because they called me a rapist.

It's because no one was out to get Ford. Everyone (almost) says they believe she was assaulted as a youth. Unfortunately, the committee and this forum has only treated one side with dignity and respect.

I could have sworn those goalposts were right here.  Seems someone keeps moving them.   Mellow

(09-28-2018, 04:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First of all Feinstien is not a member of the clergy and is not bound by sacramental seal. If she had knowledge of a crime as serious as sexual assault she had an obligation to report it.

And she also had a woman who didn't want her name known because she claimed to be a victim of a sexual assault.  I'll forgive Feinstein for being understanding even if she doesn't meet your high standards for what she "should have" done.

(09-28-2018, 04:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Secondly, all Ford asked was for it to remain confidential' this could have been done while still investigating. How much did you hear about Hav's prior FBI investigations.

So you don't think the FBI would want to know the accuser's name?   Is it remotely possible in your clearly professional  and most knowledgeable opinion that Ford maybe didn't want to drag up the past again for fear of having to do it publicly?

(09-28-2018, 04:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Finally, someone broke her confidence and she stated the only people she shared the letter with was her Congresswoman, Fienstien, and her lawyers.

...or her friends whom she talked to buy didn't show the letter too.

(09-28-2018, 04:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you can stop anytime with the jumping to Fienstien's defense in this case. What she did is deployable.

I'm sorry.  I accidentally recited the Green Lantern Oath once and feel it's my duty to protect the universe from bad people.   Smirk
(09-28-2018, 04:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.  To the FBI.

No one knows how the contents leaked to the press.  It's believed one of Ford's friends did it.

but she didn't share the contents of the letter with her friends, unless she was lying.