Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(10-02-2018, 10:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The part where the conman prez is exposed for being the fraud that he is , the national embarassment of a scotus nominee being the posterboy of a morally corrupt republican party , or that feeling when you realize your bubble is invincible and everything you say bounces of me and sticks to you?

Nah, none of those: It has more to do with a party trying to ruin a man with zero evidence and those blindly accepting it as fact. Sorta like you just called him the posterboy for the morally corrupt, for no other reason than unsubstantiated slurs. 

The latest is the Ford Lawyers  being dismayed that the FBI hasn't called them to interview. Why would they; she just testified under oath. They can use that.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
While it might come out that Kavanaugh is actually an alcoholic serial-gang-rapist monster, I would like for everyone to go back and read up on the Satanic Ritual Abuse/Daycare Sex Abuse/Satanic Panic of the 1980s if you don't know anything about it. I can't even imagine what that moral panic would have been like if the internet and Twitter existed.

Look up McMartin Preschool and look up Frances and Dan Keller.

"Believer Her", "Believe Survivors", and "Believe Women" sound an awful lot like the "Believe The Children" of the 1980s.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(10-02-2018, 11:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: While it might come out that Kavanaugh is actually an alcoholic serial-gang-rapist monster, I would like for everyone to go back and read up on the Satanic Ritual Abuse/Daycare Sex Abuse/Satanic Panic of the 1980s if you don't know anything about it. I can't even imagine what that moral panic would have been like if the internet and Twitter existed.

"Believer Her", "Believe Survivors", and "Believe Women" sound an awful lot like the "Believe The Children" of the 1980s.

Are we pretending there are currently not child prison camps , the church didnt cover up a bunch of sexual crimes against children and that people like trump who are so comfortable with it that they brag about grabbing women by the kitty dont exist?
(10-02-2018, 11:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Are we pretending there are currently not child prison camps , the church didnt cover up a bunch of sexual crimes against children and that people like trump who are so comfortable with it that they brag about grabbing women by the kitty dont exist?

Pretending they don't exist =/= Believing that everyone in the world is a rapist and/or has been raped.

As I said, Kavanaugh could very well be a morally bankrupt shithead for all I know... but just like we can't pretend the people who you listed don't exist, we also can't pretend like moral panics and false accusers have never existed before.

Could you imagine how much worse the Duke Lacrosse scandal would have been if Twitter existed? Or if it happened in this current societal/political climate? (Reminder that the false accuser in the Duke Lacrosse scandal walked away clean and free, got a book deal, and had zero negative consequences until a few years later she was found guilty of stabbing her boyfriend to death.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(10-02-2018, 11:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: While it might come out that Kavanaugh is actually an alcoholic serial-gang-rapist monster, I would like for everyone to go back and read up on the Satanic Ritual Abuse/Daycare Sex Abuse/Satanic Panic of the 1980s if you don't know anything about it. I can't even imagine what that moral panic would have been like if the internet and Twitter existed.

I lived in the LA area during the McMartin preschool case.  I was thirteen when the trial started and around sixteen when it ended.  I can tell you first hand that the initial reaction was horrified shock and outrage at the horrendous allegations of abuse.  It slowly, gradually, morphed into similar feelings about how botched the whole investigation was.  I can't even imagine what that family went through during that process.  Some good did come of it as questioning of children became much less of a "leading the witness" and it was turned over to professionals in dealing with children, but at what a cost to those involved in this case.  While it's not a perfect parallel as we're talking about grown women versus children, the atmosphere is similar, so well spotted. (There's an amazing HBO series on this case if you can find it)

As an aside, it's now being reported that an ex-boyfriend of Ford is contradicting many of her claims.  No way of knowing if this is credible, but what a devastating revelation it would be.

In a completely separate thread I shared something I had read/heard about these things and it was along the lines of : The best thing we can do when an accusation is made is investigate it.  That doesn't mean we believe it is true.  It means we believe they believe it and we need to know for sure.

To you point too, think of all the people railroaded into prison only to be released years (or decades) later because it was found out the investigation was tainted.

It's a bad situation no matter what happens.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-02-2018, 12:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You found that more entertaining than the great war hero Blumenthal. asserting Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus?

Well, I never took an oath....  Ninja

All seriousness aside, yeah it was very funny to hear a man say he has 100% memory of everything when drinking but not knowing if it was him who threw up in the car.  Smirk
Well this seems like a very open minded man.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-mocks-christine-blasey-ford-mississippi-campaign-rally-n916061

Quote:President Donald Trump on Tuesday repeatedly mocked Christine Blasey Ford, who accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were teenagers, despite having said just days ago that he found her Senate testimony last week "very credible."

In a one-man reenactment of Ford's appearance before the Judiciary Committee, with his voice alternating between an impression of her and of her inquisitor, Trump challenged the veracity of the testimony that paused his nominee's confirmation.

The extended ridicule of Ford, delivered at the Landers Arena in deeply conservative DeSoto County, stood in stark contrast to the respectful way in which Trump and his aides had previously treated her testimony, even as they have stood by Kavanaugh and his assertion that he never assaulted her.
[/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Jeff%20Flake:%20Trump%20mocking%20Christine%20Blasey%20Ford%20is%20%27appalling%27&via=nbcnews&url=https://www.today.com/video/jeff-flake-trump-mocking-christine-blasey-ford-is-appalling-1335601731626&original_referer=https://www.today.com/video/jeff-flake-trump-mocking-christine-blasey-ford-is-appalling-1335601731626]
"I had one beer!" Trump said, characterizing Ford's testimony about her level of intoxication as a teenager when she says she was attacked at a small get-together in Montgomery County, Md., in the early 1980s.

"How did you get home?" the president asked, taking on the role of prosecutor.

"I don't remember," he said in his Ford voice.

"How did you get there?" Trump continued in his reenactment of the Senate hearing.

"I don't remember," he replied in the Ford voice.

Trump then mockingly asked and answered a series of questions with the responses "I don't remember" and "I don't know."

One thing Ford did remember clearly — which Trump didn't mention — is that she was "100 percent" certain that it was Kavanaugh who had attacked her.

The crowd in this county, which favored Trump 65 percent to 31 percent in 2016, cheered with gusto in the midst of his banter with himself.

"A man’s life is shattered," the president said of Kavanaugh after making fun of Ford's testimony. "These are really evil people."

Michael Bromwich, an attorney for Ford, called Trump's performance "a vicious, vile and soulless attack" and said the president is "a profile in cowardice."
Quote:[Image: krrl2u7wz4b10vd2gm4j_normal.jpeg]
[/url]Michael R. Bromwich

@mrbromwich

A vicious, vile and soulless attack on Dr. Christine Blasey Ford. Is it any wonder that she was terrified to come forward, and that other sexual assault survivors are as well? She is a remarkable profile in courage. He is a profile in cowardice.
Andrea Mitchell

@mitchellreports

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-mocks-christine-blasey-ford-mississippi-campaign-rally-n916061 …

9:31 PM - Oct 2, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

The Senate has delayed a final vote on Kavanaugh's confirmation while the FBI looks into multiple allegations of sexual misconduct that have been lodged against him. Kavanaugh has denied the allegations.

The president's tone on Ford's testimony clashed with his assessment last week.

"I thought her testimony was very compelling, and she looks like a very fine woman to me, very fine woman," Trump said of Ford while speaking to reporters on Friday.

But his new approach was welcome here, where several rally-goers said they did not believe Kavanaugh had assaulted Ford, and some said that he should be confirmed whether or not he had.

"You have to forgive," said Michele Stuber, 55, of Holly Springs Mississippi. "If everybody in Congress had to 'fess up to everything they'd done ... there'd be nobody left."

She said she's upset by the idea that an accuser should be believed automatically.

"I hate to see our whole culture going in that direction," she said.
A short time later, Trump echoed those sentiments from the stage, characterizing Julie Swetnick's allegation that Kavanaugh was present at a gang rape as particularly outlandish.

"Guilty until proven innocent," he said. "That’s very dangerous for our country."

[Image: tdy_news_peter_trump_181003.760;428;7;70;5.jpg]

Trump mocks Christine Blasey Ford, warns men of false accusations
OCT.03.201803:25

[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Trump%20mocks%20Christine%20Blasey%20Ford,%20warns%20men%20of%20false%20accusations&via=nbcnews&url=https://www.today.com/video/trump-mocks-christine-blasey-ford-warns-men-of-false-accusations-1335599171623&original_referer=https://www.today.com/video/trump-mocks-christine-blasey-ford-warns-men-of-false-accusations-1335599171623]

Within minutes, the crowd started chanting "lock her up" in reference to Hillary Clinton, Trump's vanquished 2016 rival who has not been charged with — much less convicted of — any crime.

Trump advised women to "think of your son, think of your husband." Earlier in the day he had fretted about the potential for false allegations to hurt the accused, saying then it was "a very scary time for young men in America."

Justin Hanna, 33, of Savannah, Tenn., said he agreed with the president.

Men can get in trouble "if you look at a girl the wrong way or you talk to a girl," he said. "It's just a different world we're living in now. It's not for the best in some aspects."

As he has done with increasing intensity in recent days, Trump took aim at the Democratic Party and individual lawmakers.

He accused Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., of imbibing too much — perhaps revealing who he was talking about during a Monday Rose Garden ceremony when he said he had seen a Democratic senator "compromised" by alcohol abuse.

"Look under 'Patrick Leahy slash drinking,'" he said.
[/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Former%20prosecutor%20on%20Trump%20mocking%20Kavanaugh%20accuser:%20%27Who%20are%20we?%27&via=nbcnews&url=https://www.msnbc.com/brian-williams/watch/fmr-prosecutor-on-trump-mocking-kavanaugh-accuser-who-are-we-1335407683964&original_referer=https://www.msnbc.com/brian-williams/watch/fmr-prosecutor-on-trump-mocking-kavanaugh-accuser-who-are-we-1335407683964]
He also fired off barbs at Sens. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn. — both members of the Judiciary Committee — as well as "globalists," Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

And he attacked the "fake news media," as he often does. However, his remarks this time came on the heels of an in-depth New York Times report on how he acquired his wealth from his father — using aggressive tax avoidance schemes and not primarily, as he often claims, through his own ingenuity and business acumen.

Ostensibly, Trump was in town to help Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith, who is locked in a three-way race with fellow Republican Chris McDaniel and Democrat Mike Espy, with the top two finishers in the first round squaring off in a general election. But Trump made clear at the very top of his remarks that he's thinking about his own re-election.

"I have to start by saying 2020 is looking really easy," he said

Wonder why women don't come forward more often and sooner?  Mellow
(10-02-2018, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There have been a number of times in my life that I'm glad I'm not a liberal, but this episode may be the most proud I have been.

I would be ashamed to be a republican and try to cliam tthat these allegations should not even be investigated.
(10-03-2018, 12:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would be ashamed to be a republican and try to cliam tthat these allegations should not even be investigated.

As would I; All allegations of crimes should be investigated. Now partying in college; perhaps not.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Don't worry folks your future AG Graham has the POTUS back!

See?!?!?  Trump didn't kill her!   Mellow
Back to good ole boy Kavanaugh:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/us/brett-kavanaugh-georgetown-prep.html

Quote:Kavanaugh’s 1983 Letter Offers Inside Look at High School Clique

The beachfront property was rented, the guests were invited and an ever-organized Brett M. Kavanaugh had some advice for the seven Georgetown Preparatory School classmates who would be joining him for the weeklong escapade.

In a 1983 letter, a copy of which was reviewed by The New York Times, the young Judge Kavanaugh warned his friends of the danger of eviction from an Ocean City, Md., condo. In a neatly written postscript, he added: Whoever arrived first at the condo should “warn the neighbors that we’re loud, obnoxious drunks with prolific pukers among us. Advise them to go about 30 miles...”

More than three decades later, the elite, privileged high school world that Judge Kavanaugh inhabited is the focus of international attention. He has been accused of sexual assault during his time at Georgetown Prep — claims that have delayed, and threatened to derail, his confirmation to the Supreme Court. Judge Kavanaugh denies the allegations.

Image[Image: 03PREP-ltr1-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&...le=upscale]
In June 1983, Brett Kavanaugh wrote a two-page letter to seven friends about their coming “Beach Week” condo rental. (Some names have been redacted.)

[Image: 03PREP-ltr2-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&...le=upscale]

The second page of the 1983 letter to friends in advance of their “Beach Week” jaunt in Ocean City, Md. (Some names have been redacted.)
Recent interviews with more than a dozen classmates and friends from that time depict Judge Kavanaugh as a member of a small clique of football players who dominated Georgetown Prep’s work-hard, play-hard culture. His circle celebrated a culture of heavy drinking, even by the standards of that era.

Now several members of that group — still tightknit decades later — are caught up in the controversy surrounding Judge Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination.

With the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s background check into the judge reopened, two of his closest high school friends, Mark Judge and Patrick J. Smyth, have been interviewed by F.B.I. agents. Another, Tim Gaudette, was named in Judge Kavanaugh’s testimony as the host of a July 1982 gathering, around the time that Christine Blasey Ford says she was assaulted. Mr. Gaudette has hired a lawyer to represent him and was interviewed by the F.B.I. on Tuesday, the lawyer said.

A different classmate, who was friendly with Judge Kavanaugh and requested anonymity to protect his business interests, said he had reached out to the F.B.I. because he believes the judge misrepresented the extent of his drinking during his Senate testimony last week.

Even the faculty adviser to Georgetown Prep’s 1983 yearbook — a publication littered with debasing comments about women and references to drunken debauchery — has been wondering whether he will hear from the F.B.I., a family member said.

The judge has said that he attended high school parties. “Sometimes I had too many beers,” he testified, adding that he has “cringed” at some of his behavior back then. But his public statements don’t fully capture the binge-drinking culture in which classmates say he was a core participant.

Video

00:00

2:22

2:22‘Still Like Beer’: Examining Kavanaugh’s Comments on Drinking

As Judge Brett Kavanaugh faces an F.B.I. investigation into the sexual assault accusations against him, his remarks about drinking have come under scrutiny. Here’s what he has said.Published OnSept. 19, 2018CreditCreditImage by Pool photo by Erin Schaff

Parties, in the backyards of classmates’ suburban homes when their parents were away, would often attract hundreds of students from nearby private schools, his classmates recall. Five or 10 kegs would be procured and, if all went as planned, drained by the end of the night.

One night during his senior year, according to classmates who witnessed it, Judge Kavanaugh triumphantly hoisted an empty beer keg above his head, in recognition that he and his friends were well on their way to reaching their goal of polishing off 100 kegs during the academic year — an achievement they later boasted about in their yearbook.

Four Georgetown Prep classmates said they saw Judge Kavanaugh and his friends partake in binge-drinking rituals many weekends in which other partygoers saw them inebriated, even having difficulty standing. Three of those classmates signed a July letter, along with more than 150 other alumni, that endorsed him for the Supreme Court.

Through his lawyers, Judge Kavanaugh declined to comment for this article, other than to say of his letter: “This is a note I wrote to organize ‘Beach Week’ in the summer of 1983.”

Kerri Kupec, a White House spokeswoman, said: “It seems The New York Times is committed to embarrassing Judge Kavanaugh with three-decade-old stories of adolescent drinking.”

Judge Kavanaugh, an only child and sports fanatic, surrounded himself in high school with athletes. Among his closest friends, classmates said, were Mr. Judge, Christopher C. Garrett and Don Urgo Jr. Other members of the clique included Mr. Gaudette and DeLancey Davis.

“Academically, athletically and socially, we all became literally almost like brothers,” Mr. Urgo said in an interview with The Times in July. He got to know Judge Kavanaugh as a fellow altar boy in elementary school. “We had a particular esprit de corps, a zest for life, as a group.”

They played basketball and board games. They also drank.

“It was part of the social life,” said Tobin Finizio, now a radiologist who was then the football team’s quarterback. “In the late ’70s and early ’80s, if you look at the statistics, underage drinking was fairly prevalent. We look at it now and say, ‘Oh my God, that was crazy.’”

Judge Kavanaugh — nicknamed “Bart” after a Georgetown Prep teacher garbled “Brett” — sometimes acted as a restraining influence. One night, a friend named Sean Feeley was out of control. Judge Kavanaugh pulled him aside and whispered three words: “Come on, Sean.” Mr. Feeley today credits Judge Kavanaugh with knowing how to calm classmates without them losing face.

Judge Kavanaugh and his friends had their own language and traditions. There was Mr. Garrett, nicknamed early on as “Squee” because of his resemblance to an upperclassman with a similar last name.

When he drank, Mr. Garrett would stutter words that began with the letter F. It became such a joke that many football teammates, including Judge Kavanaugh and Mr. Garrett himself, had “FFFFF” references in their personal yearbook pages. 

Mr. Garrett, now a middle-school teacher in Georgia, sometimes hosted gatherings, including one when the Washington Redskins won the 1983 Super Bowl. Classmates said some seniors were too hung over to attend school the next day.

Another football player, Mr. Davis, was the heartthrob of the bunch, classmates said. They thought he looked like the singer Rick Springfield. Judge Kavanaugh, who didn’t have a car, often car-pooled to school with Mr. Davis, now the president of a Colorado water-distribution company.

Mr. Urgo — “Donny” — had been friends with Judge Kavanaugh since childhood, biking around the neighborhood and trading baseball cards. After high school, he and Judge Kavanaugh remained close, cramming for the Maryland bar exam and attending Washington Nationals games together. Mr. Urgo now helps run his family’s hotel business.

Judge Kavanaugh — a standout student, captain of the basketball team and a master of the quip, according to one teacher — was especially close to Mr. Judge, a fixture of the school’s party scene. Dr. Blasey said that Mr. Judge was in the room and jumped onto the bed during the alleged 1982 assault.

Mr. Judge was widely perceived as a goofball with a big mouth. “He was a clown,” said Richard Holtz, a classmate and friend of Mr. Judge’s and Judge Kavanaugh’s. Once, before a home football game, Mr. Judge and some classmates chugged beers and then dressed up in blue-and-white cheerleader skirts and pranced around the field, a moment that was captured in the school’s yearbook.

Timothy Don, who car-pooled to school with Mr. Judge, said he would sometimes stop at 7-Eleven on the way home to buy a beer. “He was one of these kids who you could wind up and set off like a top and watch him go spinning out,” Mr. Don said, recalling Mr. Judge’s nervous laugh and how he would spontaneously jump onto his friends’ shoulders.

[Image: 03PREP-yearbook-articleLarge.jpg?quality...le=upscale]

For one football game, some Georgetown Prep students dressed up as cheerleaders and pranced around the sidelines.
In a 2005 memoir, “God and Man at Georgetown Prep,” Mr. Judge said the school was “positively swimming in alcohol, and my class partied with gusto — often right under the noses of our teachers.”

Along with two classmates, he wrote an underground student newspaper, The Unknown Hoya, which documented the scene. They viewed the official student paper, The Little Hoya, as too stiff.

The stapled-together pamphlet also printed a running tally of the number of kegs consumed at various house parties as the seniors pursued their 100-keg ambition. Three football players who hosted parties accounted for 14 of the 38 kegs the class had finished at one point.

[Image: 03PREP-Hoya1-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75...le=upscale]

An underground newspaper at Georgetown Prep, “The Unknown Hoya,” included a running tally of the number of kegs consumed at seniors’ house parties. (Some names have been redacted.)
[Image: 03PREP-Hoya2-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75...le=upscale]

One edition of “The Unknown Hoya” featured a column about a nearby all-girls school, Holton-Arms. Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Judge Kavanaugh of sexual assault, was a student there. (Some names have been redacted.)

The newspaper also jabbed at neighboring schools, including the all-girls Holton-Arms, where Dr. Blasey was a student. The newspaper claimed that a public library card was “all it takes to have a good time with any H.H. (Holton Hosebag),” using slang for a promiscuous woman.

In June 1983, Judge Kavanaugh’s crew embarked on its annual trip to Maryland’s coast for “Beach Week,” where the region’s high school students would swim, drink and party.

Judge Kavanaugh had arranged to rent a condo on the 14th floor of an Ocean City high-rise. The building had an outdoor swimming pool and beach access.

In the handwritten letter, Judge Kavanaugh told his friends that he would be on a family trip to Ireland when the lease started, so they would have to pick up the keys and settle the outstanding $398 bill. He reminded them to bring their own towels and bedding.

“One of you has to grab the bull by the horns and take charge,” he instructed.

“I think we are unanimous that any girls we can beg to stay there are welcomed with open....,” he wrote, his ellipsis at the end leaving certain things unsaid. He noted that the boys should kick out anyone who didn’t belong: “The danger of eviction is great and that would suck because of the money and because this week has big potential. (Interpret as wish.)”
Judge Kavanaugh signed the letter: “FFFFF, Bart.”

In an interview, Tom Kane, a classmate and regular “Beach Week” participant, dismissed the letter as “a couple of harmless jokes.” He added: “It sounds like the script of ‘Revenge of the Nerds’ really.” He said he couldn’t remember details of the partying.
Clearly a stand up guy!
(10-03-2018, 12:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As would I; All allegations of crimes should be investigated. Now partying in college; perhaps not.

Maybe it's not the partying that is actually the issue, but the possibility that he was not truthful while under oath in front of the Senate. Maybe that would be why they would investigate such things. I mean, that's the reason everybody is talking about them investigating those things. But no, it can't be this logical and completely understandable concern over a judge's honesty and integrity, it has to be that the Senators just don't like that he was a partier in high school and college.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-03-2018, 01:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Maybe it's not the partying that is actually the issue, but the possibility that he was not truthful while under oath in front of the Senate. Maybe that would be why they would investigate such things. I mean, that's the reason everybody is talking about them investigating those things. But no, it can't be this logical and completely understandable concern over a judge's honesty and integrity, it has to be that the Senators just don't like that he was a partier in high school and college.

Hasn't the GOP established that they don't care about anything except their own party and getting their people/laws through?

They aren't even pretending that Kavanaugh is impartial.  Simply that he is being treated unfairly.
But never fear folks!  The man auditioning for AG Graham has a plan if Kavanaugh gets rejected!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/10/02/lindsey-graham-brett-kavanaugh-renominate/1498449002/

Quote:President Donald Trump should renominate Brett Kavanaugh if the Senate fails to confirm him for the Supreme Court this year, Sen. Lindsey Graham declared Tuesday.

The South Carolina Republican said he still believes Kavanaugh will be confirmed to the high court soon. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has vowed that the Senate will vote on Kavanaugh this week.

But Graham offered Trump a contingency plan in case the nominee is narrowly defeated.

"If his nomination were to fall short, I would encourage President Trump to re-nominate Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court," Graham said in a statement. "It would – in effect – be appealing the Senate’s verdict directly to the American people."

Graham discussed the strategy in more detail on Fox News, saying that Trump could use the issue in the midterm elections to go after Democratic Sens. Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Claire McCaskill of Missouri. The four Democrats represent Republican-leaning states that Trump won in 2016.

Trump could announce to voters in those states that he would nominate Kavanaugh again in 2019, after a new Senate convenes, Graham said.

"The midterm elections are only 35 days away and a new group of senators may view Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination very differently after hearing from the voters in their states," Graham said in his statement.

Asked about Graham's idea, Trump told reporters Tuesday that "certainly it's interesting."

If Democrats win the Senate, Kavanaugh would be a non-starter. However, there are more vulnerable Democrats than Republicans in this year's midterm elections.

Graham, who serves on the Senate Judiciary Committee, has been a fierce defender of Kavanaugh despite allegations that Kavanaugh engaged in sexual misconduct while he was drunk in high school and college. The FBI has reopened its background investigation of Kavanaugh to conduct a week-long probe that is expected to conclude by Friday.

"I can only imagine how awful this entire process has been for Judge Kavanaugh and his family," Graham said Tuesday. "I truly admire Judge Kavanaugh’s determination –along with that of his family – to not quit in the face of the outrageous accusations that have been leveled against him."

Graham urged senators who support Kavanaugh "not to give up on him."

Chistine Blasey Ford testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her at a high school house party in the early 1980s when she was 15 and he was 17.

Ford said Kavanaugh pinned her down on the bed of an upstairs room and tried to remove her clothes while holding his hand over her mouth to prevent her from screaming. She said she broke free when Kavanaugh's friend, Mark Judge, jumped on them and sent them tumbling off the bed.

Kavanaugh and Judge have denied the accusations.

Glad the GOP isn't playing politics.   Mellow
(10-03-2018, 01:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Maybe it's not the partying that is actually the issue, but the possibility that he was not truthful while under oath in front of the Senate. Maybe that would be why they would investigate such things. I mean, that's the reason everybody is talking about them investigating those things. But no, it can't be this logical and completely understandable concern over a judge's honesty and integrity, it has to be that the Senators just don't like that he was a partier in high school and college.

That he may have gotten drunk or more drunk than he said he did?  Well the Ford thing is falling apart, so why not?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

We all know why the FBI won't call Kav or Ford to testify.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-03/fbi-said-to-lack-white-house-approval-to-talk-to-kavanaugh-ford?cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=business&utm_medium=social

The WH is handcuffing this investigation for reasons we all know.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(10-03-2018, 03:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: We all know why the FBI won't call Kav or Ford to testify.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-03/fbi-said-to-lack-white-house-approval-to-talk-to-kavanaugh-ford?cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=business&utm_medium=social

I don't think you testify to the FBI,  but I have a fleeting memory of them testifying already.  

P.S.  Link isn't working for me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-03-2018, 03:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That he may have gotten drunk or more drunk than he said he did?  Well the Ford thing is falling apart, so why not?

Like I said, the right doesn't care.  He can lie, whatever, as long as he didn't specifically assault this one person.

Y'all ask your (of age) daughters if they played the "Devil's Triangle" drinking game yet?  Ninja
(10-03-2018, 03:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Like I said, the right doesn't care.  He can lie, whatever, as long as he didn't specifically assault this one person.

Y'all ask your (of age) daughters if they played the "Devil's Triangle" drinking game yet?  Ninja

the whole reason we are where we are is because he's accused of assaulting this one person.

You are thinking of a devil's threeway.