Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kavanaugh SCOTUS hearings
(10-04-2018, 12:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well you did say they, but to answer your question. No the FBI would have done it confidentially. But her telling them she doesn't remember anything directly instead of them just taking sworn testimony would have made all the difference.

Or that's one of the last cards the left has in the despicable smear campaign.  

Just making sure the answer was still "no". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I am far more concerned about the obvious lies told under oath and the fact that he tried to blame this as being related to the Clintons. I don't know how we can expect him to be a neutral arbiter.

Any allegations are likely not able to be proven, but the fact that he found it necessary to lie about seemingly trivial things under oath is concerning.

(10-04-2018, 02:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Just making sure the answer was still "no". 

Ah, the old move the goalpost tactic:

A. Did they interview her?

B. Yes it was on TV

A. So the FBI interviewed her on TV?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-04-2018, 02:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I am far more concerned about the obvious lies told under oath and the fact that he tried to blame this as being related to the Clintons. I don't know how we can expect him to be a neutral arbiter.  

Any allegations are likely not able to be proven, but the fact that he found it necessary to lie about seemingly trivial things under oath is concerning.

When the hell did that start mattering to the left?

(10-04-2018, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  When the hell did that start mattering to the left?

The broad brush of "the left"is being overused. Perhaps the hyperbole police should check it out.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I guess the show must be over. All I see is a bunch of whining on here. Mellow

It's looking like the old "Let's delay the confirmation with a smear campaign" tactic, has lost it's mojo.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-04-2018, 02:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ah, the old move the goalpost tactic:

A. Did they interview her?

B. Yes it was on TV

A. So the FBI interviewed her on TV?

What goal post did I move? I was asking about the FBI investigation the whole time. If you read that as me asking if she was interviewed by the Senate, then I can see the confusion, but I wasn't. 

(10-04-2018, 02:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What goal post did I move? I was asking about the FBI investigation the whole time. If you read that as me asking if she was interviewed by the Senate, then I can see the confusion, but I wasn't. 

There was no need to interview her, her sworn testimony was already on record...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-04-2018, 02:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess the show must be over.  All I see is a bunch of whining on here.   Mellow

It's looking like the old "Let's delay the confirmation with a smear campaign" tactic, has lost it's mojo.

If you read the thread you'd know it was over before it started.

Kavanaugh is "the man"...accusations or no accusations, found guilty or found innocent.  For some reason HE is the only person they want on the SC.

While some, on this board, have found Ford's testimony credible, no one has said she proved that he is guilty.  Not even "the left" on this board.

Kavanagh was always going to be approved...but it too a couple weeks longer than the GOP wanted so there was lots of squealing about "delays" as if there is an official time table for such things.  And, naturally, the POTUS insists he picked "the best" person fr the job...because his track record is IMPECCABLE so far.  Smirk
(10-04-2018, 02:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There was no need to interview her, her sworn testimony was already on record...

I figured the FBI had its own methods for investigating things that differed from how the Senate did it. 

(10-04-2018, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  When the hell did that start mattering to the left?

Eh, both sides do that. The litany of ridiculous accusations includes many many by sitting Republican lawmakers. 
Bloomberg reported yesterday that the White House was limiting the FBI scope and didn't approve an interview of Ford or Kavanaugh. When Huckabee Sanders was asked, she refused to answer and simply said that if there was anything else to ask those two then the Senators could have asked it last week.

Here's how I think the investigation went,

Trump told the FBI to investigate the Ford accusations
The FBI went over Fords and Kavanaughs testimony from last week.
The FBI talked to 9 people and took their statements about the Ford accusation.
The FBI talked to the Second Accusor, didn't think there was anything there and moved on.
The FBI laughed at the third Accusor and moved on.
The FBI wrote the report and delivered it to the Senate.

EDIT: Democrats wanted the Ford accusations investigated. The FBI investigated the Ford accusations and even went outside the scope and talked to the Second Accusor. Now Democrats are saying "NO, WE WANT MORE".

It's over and the longer Democrats continue to delay and smear Kavanaugh, the more they can kiss the House and Senate goodbye in November. I'm already thinking that Republicans will pick up seats in the House and Senate if the election was held today. But alas the Democrats have over four weeks to get the people to forget what they have done.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(10-04-2018, 02:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I figured the FBI had its own methods for investigating things that differed from how the Senate did it. 

You don't think 10 people, given five minutes each, is effective?

You're gonna give Graham the vapors again!
Kav, under oath mind you, so it better be true, said this was the doing of the Clinton's....... Would he have lied and said that to the FBI like he did under oath to the Republican Congress? #commonsensepolitics says no which is why they won't approve the FBI to interview him.

People who support people who obviously lie under oath is disgraceful. Especially a judge nominated to the highest court of the land. Something he clearly has no respect for (the law). This in of itself is disqualifying. But you can't expect people to care (unless it was the Clintons or Obama).

Time for Americans to stop holding Dems to higher standards.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(10-04-2018, 03:05 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Here's how I think the investigation went,

The FBI talked to the Second Accusor, didn't think there was anything there and moved on.

EDIT: Democrats wanted the Ford accusations investigated. The FBI investigated the Ford accusations and even went outside the scope and talked to the Second Accusor. Now Democrats are saying "NO, WE WANT MORE".

It's over and the longer Democrats continue to delay and smear Kavanaugh, the more they can kiss the House and Senate goodbye in November.
I'm already thinking that Republicans will pick up seats in the House and Senate if the election was held today. But alas the Democrats have over four weeks to get the people to forget what they have done.

I'm not so sure about that.  In their base of constituents, they appear to be "fighting to the end for what is right".  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-04-2018, 03:05 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Here's how I think the investigation went,

It's over and the longer Democrats continue to delay and smear Kavanaugh, the more they can kiss the House and Senate goodbye in November. I'm already thinking that Republicans will pick up seats in the House and Senate if the election was held today. But alas the Democrats have over four weeks to get the people to forget what they have done.

You forgot Trump, (who even admitted to) only authorizing a "limited" investigation. Hint. Don't get deep enough to get any true answers.

Trump supporters will ignore Trump himself to claim this was a thorough investigation. Crazy! We are living in the twilight zone.

Americans will decide on if this is the direction they want America to go in come November. I agree, and I agree there are many who still side with Russia in their attack against America (an unprecedented amount never before seen in American history), and plenty who just can't help to support and elect sexual predators even those who openly admit and brag about it all because they aren't Hillary. Which is a compliment to Hillary no doubt.

And if it went down how you think it did, your analysis makes sense. We don't really know what went down, though. 

SSShh... Let's not let this get out, but just between you and I: I think the Dems have miscalculated how to play this. They hoped to show their base that they were fighting for them, but it has gone too far to the extreme as now a few Dems whose seat is on the line in November may have to vote for if they stand a chance at earning a seat. Hindsight being what it is; they should have taken Hill's advice: When they go low we go high; unfortunately they chose: When they go low we go lower.

Hills advice? Yall just can't quit Hillary..
Signed,
Michelle Obama.

p.s Obsessed. Sad!