Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kavon Frazier Signed
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/27/bengals-sign-free-agent-safety-kavon-frazier/

Likely, special teams would be his ceiling if he were able to make the team. Drafted in round 6 (by Dallas) a handful of years ago and known to be a very willing tackler.
Reply/Quote
Just a camp body if I had to guess.

Jesse Bates
Vonn Bell
Ricardo Allen
Brandon Wilson

No space for anyone else at safety and even if there was the next guy up is likely Trayvon Hernderson who is heading into his 3rd year now as a backup/ST/PS guy under Lou.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I remember liking Frazier as a Day 3 pick back in 2016 as a backup to Shawn Williams at SS.
Bengals ended up getting Fejedelem instead.

If he were to make the team, it'd be probably as the last safety who is inactive on gamedays, with Ricardo Allen in a S/CB hybrid role.

S: Bates, Bell, Wilson, Allen, Frazier
CB: Waynes, Awuzie, Hilton, Phillips, Apple

I could see Frazier not making it in favor of someone like Tony Brown though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like a Simmons Pick... And those back end roster spots are usually up to him
Reply/Quote
Man, between signing this guy and Bruce Bochy, I'm pinching myself. What a great day to be a Bengals fan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 05:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man, between signing this guy and Bruce Bochy, I'm pinching myself. What a great day to be a Bengals fan.

That's what happens when you wait weeks into FA before letting go of your bloated contracts (Atkins, Hart).
Had they had let those guys go right before FA started, they could have gone after some more proven talent.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 04:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember liking Frazier as a Day 3 pick back in 2016 as a backup to Shawn Williams at SS.
Bengals ended up getting Fejedelem instead.

If he were to make the team, it'd be probably as the last safety who is inactive on gamedays, with Ricardo Allen in a S/CB hybrid role.

S: Bates, Bell, Wilson, Allen, Frazier
CB: Waynes, Awuzie, Hilton, Phillips, Apple

I could see Frazier not making it in favor of someone like Tony Brown though.

You really think that they would keep 5 Safeties on the roster?  It'll be a dogfight for that last spot, but I only see them keeping 4.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 06:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You really think that they would keep 5 Safeties on the roster?  It'll be a dogfight for that last spot, but I only see them keeping 4.

Same, I know Ricardo Allen can play both Safety and Corner but there are quite a few Corners who can play Safety.

Bet Hilton could play Safety for example in a pinch if we needed him to. Frazier isn't making this team unless injuries occur.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 05:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man, between signing this guy and Bruce Bochy, I'm pinching myself. What a great day to be a Bengals fan.

I know you are joking but did you ever watch Joe Bachie at Michigan State?

If not, you have no reason to ***** about the signing Shake.

He was very good in college and was a good signing considering what Ocho said.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 08:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know you are joking but did you ever watch Joe Bachie at Michigan State?

If not, you have no reason to ***** about the signing Shake.

He was very good in college and was a good signing considering what Ocho said.

Watch the highlights? Only all of them! Bachie is about to put the "special" in special teams unit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 05:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's what happens when you wait weeks into FA before letting go of your bloated contracts (Atkins, Hart).
Had they had let those guys go right before FA started, they could have gone after some more proven talent.

We were never short of available cap space to sign anyone we wanted to.  And we were NEVER going to spend big money on a safety in free agency.

Every team in the league is now signing guys like this to fill out their camp rosters, but some fans have to shit on the Bengals for doing the exact same thing.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 05:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's what happens when you wait weeks into FA before letting go of your bloated contracts (Atkins, Hart).

not every player can be on a big deal you need back end roster types depth special teamers etc.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 09:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We were never short of available cap space to sign anyone we wanted to.  And we were NEVER going to spend big money on a safety in free agency.

Every team in the league is now signing guys like this to fill out their camp rosters, but some fans have to shit on the Bengals for doing the exact same thing.

(05-28-2021, 09:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: not every player can be on a big deal you need back end roster types depth special teamers etc.

I know they weren't going to spend money on a safety, but the post I replied to was in reference to the lack of exciting signees (or at least that's what I inferred).
I wouldn't want another starting safety, but I did want another starter upgrade at OG.
Also, they didn't have a bunch of money left until they released Atkins and Hart (primarily Atkins).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 06:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You really think that they would keep 5 Safeties on the roster?  It'll be a dogfight for that last spot, but I only see them keeping 4.

In this case, Allen is a hybrid who can play both safety and CB. That's the only possibility I would see keeping 5.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 09:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I know they weren't going to spend money on a safety, but the post I replied to was in reference to the lack of exciting signees (or at least that's what I inferred).
I wouldn't want another starting safety, but I did want another starter upgrade at OG.
Also, they didn't have a bunch of money left until they released Atkins and Hart (primarily Atkins).

They als still have to resign their own free agents. They also had to deal with the uncertainty of were the cap would be.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 09:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I know they weren't going to spend money on a safety, but the post I replied to was in reference to the lack of exciting signees 

We signed a 13 sack DE, a solid starting LT, one of the better young DTs in the league, and a good young starting CB.  We are paying those guys over $40 million this year.

Just because we did not sign the guy you wanted does not mean we did not make and exciting moves.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 10:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: In this case, Allen is a hybrid who can play both safety and CB. That's the only possibility I would see keeping 5.

That makes sense, as I was unaware of Allen's versatility.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 10:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Watch the highlights? Only all of them! Bachie is about to put the "special" in special teams unit.

Good special or Bad special?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We signed a 13 sack DE, a solid starting LT, one of the better young DTs in the league, and a good young starting CB.  We are paying those guys over $40 million this year.

Just because we did not sign the guy you wanted does not mean we did not make and exciting moves.

Reiff is a RT
Reply/Quote

Why in the world did they sign a retired MLB manager?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote