Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kavon Frazier Signed
(05-28-2021, 12:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Good special or Bad special?

Yes.

(05-28-2021, 12:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why in the world did they sign a retired MLB manager?

Mike Brown is playing 4D chess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 12:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yes.

Mike Brown is playing 4D chess.

Re: Your question; yes, 100%. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We signed a 13 sack DE, a solid starting LT, one of the better young DTs in the league, and a good young starting CB.  We are paying those guys over $40 million this year.

Just because we did not sign the guy you wanted does not mean we did not make and exciting moves.

The DE is, at best, the same tier of the guy they let walk out the door in Lawson, IMO. Hendrickson had more sacks but fewer pressures than Lawson.
What good, young starting CB are you referring to? Awuzie or Hilton? Hilton is somewhat better than Alexander but Awuzie is a downgrade from WJ3. So, to me, the net productivity of the guys brought in will amount to the same as the guys they lost.
I've already stated I don't consider Ogunjobi to be some great DT, but I do think he'll be better than he was in 2020. Somewhat improvement there.
Reiff is an uprade over Hart.

When I look at the upgrades done, I see probably a 7-9 win team.
Is it an improvement? Absolutely.
Is it the best they could have done had they made some cuts earlier and gotten 1-2 more really impactful FAs? No, IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 12:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Reiff is a RT

He will be with the Bengals, but he's played LT his whole career prior, so that's why Fred said LT.

Also, Reiff is only here for a year, and if he does well, I have my doubt the Bengals will spend the money to keep him. I could be wrong though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 10:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Watch the highlights? Only all of them! Bachie is about to put the "special" in special teams unit.

No, not highlights, did you watch him play college games?

I did and he stood out as the best LB on Michigan State at the time.

Nothing wrong with a damn good Special Teamer either. They are more important then you insinuate.

Don't know what is wrong with the negativism going on around here.

Even my best buds are losing their minds with it for some reason...
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 02:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No, not highlights, did you watch him play college games?

I did and he stood out as the best LB on Michigan State at the time.

Nothing wrong with a damn good Special Teamer either. They are more important then you insinuate.

Don't know what is wrong with the negativism going on around here.

Even my best buds are losing their minds with it for some reason...

Man I'm trying to have some fun with this and you really are insisting on ruining it. Whatever

Look...the guy is a 6th round pick who was dropped by 2 teams in one year.

If you want to be excited about that, fine. No one is saying you can't be. But don't knock me for not being over the moon about a camp body...and I don't overuse the term "camp body" like many do around here.

You guys are excited about this only because you watched him in college and wanted us to draft him. But at some point you have to be realistic. He was taken that late and is on his 3rd team in one year for a reason.

I get that this is this is the time every year where people want to be optimistic though. The circle of life as a Bengals fan, I guess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 03:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man I'm trying to have some fun with this and you really are insisting on ruining it. Whatever

Look...the guy is a 6th round pick who was dropped by 2 teams in one year.

If you want to be excited about that, fine. No one is saying you can't be. But don't knock me for not being over the moon about a camp body...and I don't overuse the term "camp body" like many do around here.

You guys are excited about this only because you watched him in college and wanted us to draft him. But at some point you have to be realistic. He was taken that late and is on his 3rd team in one year for a reason.

I get that this is this is the time every year where people want to be optimistic though. The circle of life as a Bengals fan, I guess.

This is you having fun... wow

I don't have fun hating on every move the team makes but to each his own.

Kavon Frazier, now I guess I could have fun hating on this move cause he is a ST'er at best.

Bachie from what I saw from him in college could actually start if needed. Don't have that confidence at all in Frazier.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 05:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is you having fun... wow

I don't have fun hating on every move the team makes but to each his own.

Kavon Frazier, now I guess I could have fun hating on this move cause he is a ST'er at best.

Bachie from what I saw from him in college could actually start if needed. Don't have that confidence at all in Frazier.

It's really not that serious dude. Have you never seen a team sign a guy off the scrap heap and someone comments "Super Bowl!"...?

Well, this is that. Sorry you have an affinity for this guy because you followed him in college, but that doesn't erase the fact that it's a 6th round pick on his 3rd team in one year. Lighten up, Nate.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 10:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's really not that serious dude. Have you never seen a team sign a guy off the scrap heap and someone comments "Super Bowl!"...?

Well, this is that. Sorry you have an affinity for this guy because you followed him in college, but that doesn't erase the fact that it's a 6th round pick on his 3rd team in one year. Lighten up, Nate.

Cool bro, its all good Shake. I getcha. Wink
Reply/Quote