Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kay Adams praises the fans!
https://youtu.be/pHQGXnpXbpc
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love you too, Kay. Call me JaggedJimmyKay.
Reply/Quote
What really impressed me about Kay Adams was when she was here for ruler of the jungle stuff she didn't just hang out with the elite... She tailgated with the fans.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: https://youtu.be/pHQGXnpXbpc

Holy shit, is that a #20 Lemar Parrish jersey in the background?

A few years ago I found a place that did custom vintage jerseys and I was going to get Parrish.  But it looked so generic that if it was not at a Bengals game I'd say even most Bengal fans would think it was some high school jersey.

I'll get flamed for this, but I think Parrish is more worthy of the Hall of Fame than Ken Riley.  Ken Riley was a very good player, but he never held any NFL career records.  Parrish held the career return td record for 20 years until Deion Sanders passed him.  He is still 5th in NFL history.  He also has the highest single season punt return average since the AFL/NFL merger (18.8 in 1974 which is the 8th best mark in league history).

He went to 6 Pro Bowls (as a CB not return man) for the Bengals and 2 more times for the Redskins.  He was First Team All-Pro in 1979 and 2nd team in 1980 (also as CB) for Washington.  He was ProFootballReference's First Team All-Decade CB for the 1970's. (Riley was 2nd team)
Reply/Quote
I think Parrish was a better cover corner than Riley too. Riley was awesome for compiling so many interceptions, but much like DeAngelo Hall or Trevon Diggs of the modern era -- it's in part a product of teams being willing to throw at him and unwilling to throw at Parrish.

No disrespect to Rattler. He was great. What a tandem.
Reply/Quote

Yes, anything involving Kay Adams will likely get you rep, but this particular video (and I had not seen it so THANK YOU) really was outstanding.

Kay touches on the "lazy take" of National Media without being obnoxious and sums it up perfectly.  

When Dan Hoard (who is also awesome) asked Kay what she saw that other "analysts" did not, she replied about Joe Burrow's cool under fire nature.  She was dead on both times.

GMF is an outstanding show, and it is so cool to hear someone not refer to them as Bungles and actually watch the games and have real interest in them and their fan base.  

This is just so damn cool.  

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yes, anything involving Kay Adams will likely get you rep, but this particular video (and I had not seen it so THANK YOU) really was outstanding.

Kay touches on the "lazy take" of National Media without being obnoxious and sums it up perfectly.  

When Dan Hoard (who is also awesome) asked Kay what she saw that other "analysts" did not, she replied about Joe Burrow's cool under fire nature.  She was dead on both times.

GMF is an outstanding show, and it is so cool to hear someone not refer to them as Bungles and actually watch the games and have real interest in them and their fan base.  

This is just so damn cool.  

Who Dey

I just watched the video and also noticed how she brought this up, it was refreshing. As Bengals fans, we know the narrative of the 1990 -  to whenever "Bungles," but the media is so lazy in rolling with it. Kay and others like Kyle Brandt and Nate Burleson are awesome to watch because they have a good balance of professionalism, knowledge, and fun about them when talking football.
Reply/Quote
I love Kay and want to have her children.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I love Kay and want to have her children.

I don't want to be "that guy" and say disrespectful things about her butt or something, but if I were ever to have my vasectomy reversed....this would be the only reason.  
Reply/Quote

I would prefer for her to have my children  Tongue
Reply/Quote
The NFL Network is always giving the Bengals love, my favorite channel for 7 months of the year.
Reply/Quote

I just talked it over with Kay and we are okay with you adopting our kids. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Really cool lady. She is right, gotta be loud when the Raiders Offense is on the field so their players cannot hear and of course
have to protect Burrow. Chip Crosby like mad all game long, run at him, wear him out etc.

Really loved how Kay brought up the lazy take of the media, so frickin' true. The narrative DOES change.

Time to take the Playoffs by storm. IT IS OUR TIME. LET'S GO!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
It's just so rare to see someone in the national media root for the Bengals who isn't from around Cincinnati or worked with the Bengals previously.

Peter Schrager sometimes talks nice things about the Bengals too, but he's not to the same degree as Kay.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 12:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Holy shit, is that a #20 Lemar Parrish jersey in the background?

A few years ago I found a place that did custom vintage jerseys and I was going to get Parrish.  But it looked so generic that if it was not at a Bengals game I'd say even most Bengal fans would think it was some high school jersey.

I'll get flamed for this, but I think Parrish is more worthy of the Hall of Fame than Ken Riley.  Ken Riley was a very good player, but he never held any NFL career records.  Parrish held the career return td record for 20 years until Deion Sanders passed him.  He is still 5th in NFL history.  He also has the highest single season punt return average since the AFL/NFL merger (18.8 in 1974 which is the 8th best mark in league history).

He went to 6 Pro Bowls (as a CB not return man) for the Bengals and 2 more times for the Redskins.  He was First Team All-Pro in 1979 and 2nd team in 1980 (also as CB) for Washington.  He was ProFootballReference's First Team All-Decade CB for the 1970's. (Riley was 2nd team)

No flaming from me, I'd put em both in the Hall.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote