Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kayak Fishing
Sit in or sit on type? I would recommend sit on type. I had a friend that tried fishing from a sit in and if I hadn't of been with him, he might have drowned. He rolled it and somehow his life jacket got snagged on the opening.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 11:28 PM)Benton Wrote: But I've never fished out of one 

I tried to fish out of a canoe one time and it was a nightmare. Wobbled like hell everytime i cast or jerked to set a hook.

Might have been the fact i have not spent a lot of time in a canoe. I just never felt comfortable with any sudden movement.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 11:50 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Sit in or sit on type? I would recommend sit on type. I had a friend that tried fishing from a sit in and if I hadn't of been with him, he might have drowned. He rolled it and somehow his life jacket got snagged on the opening.

Oh, definitely sit-on. Those sit-in types aren't great for men of my girth. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 12:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I tried to fish out of a canoe one time and it was a nightmare. Wobbled like hell everytime i cast or jerked to set a hook.

Might have been the fact i have not spent a lot of time in a canoe. I just never felt comfortable with any sudden movement.

To clarify, I've never fished out of a kayak. I grew up with canoes, so that never was a big deal. But it was generally sunfish along the banks, not exactly what I'd expect to be fishing out of a kayak.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 12:08 AM)Benton Wrote: To clarify, I've never fished out of a kayak. I grew up with canoes, so that never was a big deal. But it was generally sunfish along the banks, not exactly what I'd expect to be fishing out of a kayak.

I've fished for muskie and walleye out of a canoe, before. That was a good time.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 06:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, definitely sit-on. Those sit-in types aren't great for men of my girth. LOL

Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 12:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I tried to fish out of a canoe one time and it was a nightmare. Wobbled like hell everytime i cast or jerked to set a hook.

I've fished out of a canoe, just not a kayak. We had a big 3 seater growing up.

For the most part, it was pretty easy to fish out of, but I chalked that up to the size. I just figured a kayak would be a bit more difficult given the size.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 12:57 AM)Benton Wrote: I've fished out of a canoe, just not a kayak. We had a big 3 seater growing up.

For the most part, it was pretty easy to fish out of, but I chalked that up to the size.

I think it was more that I just was not used to a canoe.  I have only been in one a few times in my life. Usually rented at a lake when I was a kid or later to paddle my kids around.  I am always afraid I am going to flip one over.
Reply/Quote