Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep Feeding Mixon
The Chargers are one of the worst team in the league when it comes to stopping the run. They give up over 140 yards per game, worst in the NFL. They also give up 4.7 yards per carry, which is third worst.

Playing them couldn't have come at a better time.

Let's hope the coaches continue to lean on Mixon during his hot stretch. We matchup pretty well with the Chargers. Let's not over complicate it - the game plan should be almost identical on offense to what we did against the Steelers.

Give Mixon the rock, block your asses off, and pound them.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Keep feeding Mixon, but then when the defense plays to stop the run be ready to resume the Burrow to Chase deep ball (or find the open WR).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man, I loved the run focus the past two weeks, I just kinda wish we had more of a two-headed monster for that volume. Now I'm concerned for Mixon's health. Love the guy.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:31 PM)thillan Wrote: Man, I loved the run focus the past two weeks, I just kinda wish we had more of a two-headed monster for that volume. Now I'm concerned for Mixon's health. Love the guy.

I agree with this, although it does seem like they are trying to get Evans involved more. He had 5 carries yesterday for 4.6. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I am hopeful they can replicate their success. I would really like to see Evans involved more, I am big on that guy. He is such a smooth receiver. I would also like to see Mixon catching the ball more. He has the potential to be a very dynamic back out of the backfield. Taking a few of his carries away and converting them into receptions could help lessen his physical workload by getting him into space more often.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Chargers are one of the worst team in the league when it comes to stopping the run. They give up over 140 yards per game, worst in the NFL. They also give up 4.7 yards per carry, which is third worst.

Playing them couldn't have come at a better time.

Let's hope the coaches continue to lean on Mixon during his hot stretch. We matchup pretty well with the Chargers. Let's not over complicate it - the game plan should be almost identical on offense to what we did against the Steelers.

Give Mixon the rock, block your asses off, and pound them.

You should love Zac's presser then. He was asked about the shift in the offense coming out of the bye. His response...."if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I think it's a lot to do with the oline finally gelling. He mentioned wanting to run like this all year, but it hasn't always been there. Stated that if you're going to double Chase and give us the run, we're going to take it. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:31 PM)thillan Wrote: I just kinda wish we had more of a two-headed monster for that volume. Now I'm concerned for Mixon's health. Love the guy.

(11-29-2021, 12:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I agree with this, although it does seem like they are trying to get Evans involved more. He had 5 carries yesterday for 4.6. 

Don't care if it is Evans, Perine, or Williams but we need to find someone to take some more carries.  I like Mixon a lot, but just look at his injury history.  I want him to be available for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:31 PM)thillan Wrote: Man, I loved the run focus the past two weeks, I just kinda wish we had more of a two-headed monster for that volume. Now I'm concerned for Mixon's health. Love the guy.

Kareem Hunts dad went off on Twitter on Baker Mayfields poor play....so if they cut him like the did OBJ and his dads comments, we can grab Hunt to be our 2 punch? 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:28 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Kareem Hunts dad went off on Twitter on Baker Mayfields poor play....so if they cut him like the did OBJ and his dads comments, we can grab Hunt to be our 2 punch? 

You think they have a Facebook group… Cleveland Browns Dads?… just weird all these dads have opinions lol
Reply/Quote

The volume is high (on pace for 321 carries), but it's not insanely high like Derrick Henry's was in 2020 (378).
The top RBs in the league typically carry it around 300 times in a 16-game season.
Mixon is just doing what guys like Henry, Elliott, Chubb, Cook, and McCaffrey have done season after season in the past.

I think it does make sense though to start giving more carries to Evans and Perine later in games based on score and potential playoff appearance impact. Can't potentially go into playoff game with Mixon hobbled.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hello All, nice to meet you.

I am worried about the deep ball and Eckler.

Is trae waynes dead?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 03:36 PM)Covington11 Wrote: Hello All, nice to meet you.

I am worried about the deep ball and Eckler.

Is trae waynes dead?

No, but he's on his last leg.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't care if it is Evans, Perine, or Williams but we need to find someone to take some more carries.  I like Mixon a lot, but just look at his injury history.  I want him to be available for the playoffs.

Playoffs?!?

Rock On
Reply/Quote