Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep Lou Anarumo in Cincinnati
Offense sells tickets and t-shirts. Defense wins championships.

Lou Anarumo is the best defensive coordinator the Bengals have had since Di... — I mean Richard — LeBeau. Lou is better than Mike Zimmer and I never thought I could admit this but it’s true. He is. Remember when the Bengals couldn’t cover a tight end? Those days are over.

We all know Lou is considered head coach material by a growing number of teams. I’m still hurt over Mike Zimmer’s exit from the Queen City because the Bengals fell apart over the next few years. Letting Lou Anarumo go would be an even bigger mistake. His defenses have risen to the occasion in the playoffs with key interceptions, forced fumbles, and critical stops. The Bengals would not be AFC champions without Lou’s defense.

Mikey Boy, Katie, and Duke need to pay the man. I mean PAY. I would offer Lou everything including the kitchen sink. The worst nightmare I can imagine is coaching AGAINST him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say he is better than Zimmer but he is pretty damn good. People forget we were a perennial top 10 defense while Zimmer was here. Also Joe Burrow > Andy Dalton; if Zimmer had Burrow as a QB we would have had 3 or 4 Championships during that era. Like the old saying goes if my Aunt had Balls she be my uncle.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If he wants to be a HC there's not much we can do to stop him. Hopefully we get 1 more year with him after this one.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 10:22 PM)J24 Wrote: I wouldn't say he is better than Zimmer but he is pretty damn good. People forget we were a perennial top 10 defense while Zimmer was here. Also Joe Burrow > Andy Dalton; if Zimmer had Burrow as a QB we would have had 3 or 4 Championships during that era. Like the old saying goes if my Aunt had Balls she be my uncle.

And led by Guenther (but with Zimmer-built teams), we were 2nd in scoring D in 2015.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 10:22 PM)J24 Wrote: I wouldn't say he is better  than Zimmer but he is pretty damn good. People  forget we were  a perennial top 10 defense while Zimmer was here. Also Joe Burrow > Andy Dalton; if Zimmer had Burrow as a QB we would have had 3 or 4 Championships during that era.  Like the old saying goes if my Aunt had Balls she be my uncle.

If Lou leaves, I have a hunch Zimmer would listen for offers to come back. I think he still has a farm in Kentucky.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 10:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Lou leaves, I have a hunch Zimmer would listen for offers to come back. I think he still has a farm in Kentucky.

I do not see Mike Zimmer as the next DC if Lou leaves for a head coaching position

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It’s tough to become a head coach from the defensive side these days. In order to get one he’ll need a great OC in his pocket during the interview
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
This conversation reminds me of how John Fox turned ZT down to become DC when he first got hired. What a blessing in disguise that ended up. Even with the rocky start to Lou's tenure here he will go down as one of the best coordinators we have ever had.

EDIT: or was it Jack Del Rio?

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 11:19 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: This conversation reminds me of how John Fox turned ZT down to become DC when he first got hired. What a blessing in disguise that ended up. Even with the rocky start to Lou's tenure here he will go down as one of the best coordinators we have ever had.

EDIT: or was it Jack Del Rio?

Del Rio. I’m sure ownership wanted a proven DC and Zac was encouraged to go that direction. Fox I think was already the HC at the Broncos but I know for fact Zac loves Fox. Thinks he’s fantastic
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Lou has put together a really good defense. He went out and got players that fit his system and has coached them up. I like his in game adjustments and how overall solid they are fundamentally. They are all good tacklers, and Pratt has really stepped up his game. Those dudes play good ball for Lou. I hope we can keep him here a while.
Reply/Quote
I think he wants to be a HC unfortunately... not much we can do if he wants to further his career.

He's proved that last year was no fluke... very impressive resume as a DC in this day and age. Will get an offer I'm sure of it.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Lou is definitely a great DC that I hope to see here for many years to come.

But as many have already pointed out if he gets a HC offer he is most likely gone. Yet am fine with showing him plenty of love with a raise in pay and any other perks they want to throw his way.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 11:08 PM)pally Wrote: I do not see Mike Zimmer as the next DC if Lou leaves for a head coaching position

Rumor has it he is joining Coach Prime in Boulder. He's been a consultant for him this year in Jackson.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 10:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Lou leaves, I have a hunch Zimmer would listen for offers to come back. I think he still has a farm in Kentucky.

I have wondered what the plans are for replacing Lou if he leaves. The Bengals have made it known that there's a succession plan for Callahan leaving.

The James Bettcher hiring felt like an insurance hiring. If Lou leaves, then he might be the guy. We also know the team was high on Al Golden. Have to wonder if the team would try to pry him away from Notre Dame or if they'd even consider Mark Duffner.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 10:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And led by Guenther (but with Zimmer-built teams), we were 2nd in scoring D in 2015.
Those Defenses were a great unit. It's a shame how it ended but in the prime it was an elite unit.
The guy to watch would be Brandon Staley from the  chargers.  He is more than likley to get fired from the Chargers.
(12-07-2022, 01:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: Rumor has it he is joining Coach Prime in Boulder. He's been a consultant for him this year in Jackson.

I could see that.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
When Zimmer was hired in Cincinnati was when Deion stopped poking fun at Cincinnati in his highlight packages.

If Lou shuts down Mahomes again . . . I could easily see an AFC West team looking to hire him as a head coach.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
DeMeco Ryans will probably be the first Defensive Coach to land a HC gig so that might keep Lou in Cincy another year.

I've heard Brian Callahan's name floated as a HC candidate over Lou too which I think is crazy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 02:08 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I have wondered what the plans are for replacing Lou if he leaves. The Bengals have made it known that there's a succession plan for Callahan leaving.

The James Bettcher hiring felt like an insurance hiring. If Lou leaves, then he might be the guy. We also know the team was high on Al Golden. Have to wonder if the team would try to pry him away from Notre Dame or if they'd even consider Mark Duffner.

I think Duffner would probably be the successor. The problem if Lou leaves becomes how much of his staff does he take with him. He might offer Duffner or Bettcher the DC position. I'd hate, and I mean HATE to see Lou go, I can't remember many years since 1968 that our DB's and LB's have played so well, let alone the Dline. The defense, even missing Chido, is complete and I'm damn glad to have Lou.
Reply/Quote
Chris Simms showing love for the defense. Didn't see any defensive threads on the first page and a half so I thought that I'd throw it here.

He calls Cincy's Defense a 'Top 5 Defense Right Now' and brings up a great point. No real weakness on defense and then you add in Lou Anarumo. Where do you attack? Who do you exploit? I'm a full fledged Eli hater . . . but outside of a few weak plays, he's been pretty damn reliable

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 09:12 AM)Synric Wrote: DeMeco Ryans will probably be the first Defensive Coach to land a HC gig so that might keep Lou in Cincy another year.

I've heard Brian Callahan's name floated as a HC candidate over Lou too which I think is crazy.

Offense is the trend. I could see that.
Reply/Quote