Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep Lou Anarumo in Cincinnati
(12-08-2022, 01:00 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Aside from the schematic stuff, I'd just like to comment on the fantastic job we have done in the secondary under Lou.

Did anyone see Chido making a star turn when we signed him? Did anything in his past suggest it? How about the Eli Apple reclaimation project? Anyone have that on their bingo cards? The Tre Flowers TE Cooler mission? Even Davis looked pretty good when he had to fill in for the usually stellar Hilton. Von Bell's INT bounty this year? And now the better than expected start from CTB. Wow.

And the way way Pratt, Wilson, ADG, and Bailey have progressed at LB ain't nothing either.

And Bachie and Johnston.... Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 01:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And Bachie and Johnston.... Who Dey

Amen. 

We have turned every LB player into, at min, a passable rotational piece, and the success rate at CB is only lower because Waynes was hurt all the time, Phillips turned into a head case, and Hill & Anderson haven't gotten shots yet. 

The success rate is off the charts. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 01:39 PM)TheFan Wrote: I disagree but I can understand your point of view. Either way both have been great and it's splitting hairs. ThumbsUp

Your reply reminds me of this scene from Family Guy.

[Image: 139181cd-63c5-474b-a370-20cfb9ea7508_text.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 10:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Offense sells tickets and t-shirts.  Defense wins championships.

Lou Anarumo is the best defensive coordinator the Bengals have had since Di... — I mean Richard — LeBeau.  Lou is better than Mike Zimmer and I never thought I could admit this but it’s true.  He is.  Remember when the Bengals couldn’t cover a tight end?  Those days are over.  

We all know Lou is considered head coach material by a growing number of teams.  I’m still hurt over Mike Zimmer’s exit from the Queen City because the Bengals fell apart over the next few years.  Letting Lou Anarumo go would be an even bigger mistake.  His defenses have risen to the occasion in the playoffs with key interceptions, forced fumbles, and critical stops.  The Bengals would not be AFC champions without Lou’s defense.

Mikey Boy, Katie, and Duke need to pay the man.  I mean PAY.  I would offer Lou everything including the kitchen sink.  The worst nightmare I can imagine is coaching AGAINST him.

They will have to pay him or we WILL lose him. That is for sure, his Defense loves playing for him, and he is like a mad scientist 
out there going against the new age Offenses. If he does leave, I love the addition of Betcher though, he is a damn good Defensive
coach himself and he is coaching the Linebackers right now. Was surprised when Betcher came here as just a LB coach as I thought
he should be a DC somewhere. Maybe this was the plan all along in case Lou left and that was the reason Betcher came here...
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 01:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What teams do we Suspect will be looking for a HC next year?

Theres the Colts and Panthers so far....

Colts 
Panthers
Texans (I can't imagine Lovie keeping his job)
Cardinals (I don't see them keeping Kyler and Kingsbury together)
Rams (McVay supposedly has a very high paying broadcast job waiting for when he retires)
Broncos (Hackett is in over his head)
Saints (Supposedly Allen's seat is getting warmer)
Chargers (Staley is being pegged as a potential surprise firing if the Chargers finish with a losing record)

The Raiders are also rumored to be wanting to move on from McDaniels, but can't afford to fire him because of the Gruden deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 02:41 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Colts 
Panthers
Rams (McVay supposedly has a very high paying broadcast job waiting for when he retires)
Chargers (Staley is being pegged as a potential surprise firing if the Chargers finish with a losing record)

The Raiders are also rumored to be wanting to move on from McDaniels, but can't afford to fire him because of the Gruden deal.

How many of those teams do you think would be salivating at the chance to hire Zac? Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 02:41 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Colts 
Panthers

I can Broncos going for a Defensive Coach maybe the texans (if anyone would want that job)    But the others will probably focus on offense if i had to guess.

If he goes hopefully its to the nfc though lol
Reply/Quote