Poll: Trade Chase Before T?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.09 Average
Keep Tee Trade Chase
I know this is not going to be popular but I think the Bengals would be better off Trading Chase and Keeping Tee Higgins.

I believe Tee has a lot more ability as an NFL wide receiver due to his size and his ceiling in my view is higher. This is my opinion I know not a popular one but if between the two I am saying keep T and fill in some quicker WR.
Reply/Quote
Hot takes during losing streaks are always wild.
Reply/Quote
I mean, are you TRYING to come up with the worst possible takes?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
You're either trolling or writing under the influence of alcohol. I'll just repost what I said on the "Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 2":

Our offense has certainly shown this year that if Chase is being taken away there is zero creativity to find ways to get him involved and back in the game again. I don’t know if Chase just doesn’t like running routes over the middle or what, but it seems like it’s either fade or go routes and relying on his speed/athleticism to win out, without any thought to how to actually scheme him open. Things were so bad that Dan Hoard said at one point “how is it possible that Chase has one catch for 0 yards at this point?" (He said this on the 3rd quarter).

I don't mind Chase working the sidelines, that's the highest ROI route for a receiver. But what a waste starting him in the slot or back field if he's going to end up there anyways. With our dirty pockets, hes going to spend the entire play getting into position with no time to actually get open.
Reply/Quote
[Image: nope-danny-de-vito.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
[Image: archie-bunker-gun-to-head-funny-face-ldj...sqps0e.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:35 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I know this is not going to be popular but I think the Bengals would be better off Trading Chase and Keeping Tee Higgins.

I believe Tee has a lot more ability as an NFL wide receiver due to his size and his ceiling in my view is higher.  This is my opinion I know not a popular one but if between the two I am saying keep T and fill in some quicker WR.

IMO, it comes down to $ demand.

I've asked more than once is Chase at a market-setting price more valuable than Tee at a top-tier price. 

I'm sure folks said KC was stupid for parting ways with Tyreek, but that was 1 Lombardi ago. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 04:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO, it comes down to $ demand.

I've asked more than once is Chase at a market-setting price more valuable than Tee at a top-tier price. 

I'm sure folks said KC was stupid for parting ways with Tyreek, but that was 1 Lombardi ago.

On the flip side - Tyreek has Miami looking like a legit contender, and Tua looking like one of the better QB’s in the league.

As for Tee vs Chase, I don’t think this is even really a debate worth having. Chase is not only better, he also doesn’t have an agent who’s notoriously hard to work with for this franchise.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 04:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: On the flip side - Tyreek has Miami looking like a legit contender, and Tua looking like one of the better QB’s in the league.

As for Tee vs Chase, I don’t think this is even really a debate worth having. Chase is not only better, he also doesn’t have an agent who’s notoriously hard to work with for this franchise.

It's not a debate worth having because you're only looking at it from a "best player" perspective. If we knew the contract number for each player then we could decide if it's worth debating.

I don't agree with the OP's assessment that Tee has more upside than JC, put it's not such a glaring difference that we need to "troll him" for suggesting it. I've posted numbers from last year of Tee without JC and of JC without Tee and Tee's numbers were better. 

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's not a debate worth having because you're only looking at it from a "best player" perspective. If we knew the contract number for each player then we could decide if it's worth debating.

I don't agree with the OP's assessment that Tee has more upside than JC, put it's not such a glaring difference that we need to "troll him" for suggesting it. I've posted numbers from last year of Tee without JC and of JC without Tee and Tee's numbers were better.

Pretty small sample size. And a couple of the games were against bad teams.

One guy has won OROY, broke multiple franchise records (regular season & playoffs), made All Pro, 2x Pro Bowler, and has been ranked as a top 100 player by his peers twice.

The other guy has been pretty good, too. But nothing like all that.

Reply/Quote
You keep both. Now close the ***** poll.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
How about, nooooooo?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I mean, are you TRYING to come up with the worst possible takes?

It's like he's competing with his previous takes to see how he can continually top them. But only competing against himself. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's not a debate worth having because you're only looking at it from a "best player" perspective. If we knew the contract number for each player then we could decide if it's worth debating.

(09-18-2023, 05:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty small sample size. And a couple of the games were against bad teams.

One guy has won OROY, broke multiple franchise records (regular season & playoffs), made All Pro, 2x Pro Bowler, and has been ranked as a top 100 player by his peers twice.

The other guy has been pretty good, too. But nothing like all that.

See..

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: See..

I literally mentioned Tee’s agent in my post. He’s undoubtedly wanting top end WR1 money (AJ Brown’s deal is probably the absolute floor), so no, I’m not just basing it off Chase being better and the money as no issue.

You say the difference as players isn’t big enough between the two, and I would counter that by saying the savings on paying Tee over Chase wouldn’t be big enough to warrant losing the better player over.

Reply/Quote
Double coverage on Ja’Marr Chase helps Tee Higgins get open. Remove Chase from the equation and Higgins’ production will decrease.
Reply/Quote

(09-18-2023, 06:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Double coverage on Ja’Marr Chase helps Tee Higgins get open.  Remove Chase from the equation and Higgins’ production will decrease.

Reply/Quote
Very knee-jerk reaction to the two games this season, IMO.

In 2021-2022 regular season:

Chase - 2501 yards, 22 TDs
Higgins - 2120 yards, 13 TDs

While Higgins has better mitts, Chase offers a level of explosion that neither Higgins nor Boyd possesses.
Also, you have to pay Higgins $20+ mill 1-2 seasons earlier than Chase.
If the goal is to field as good of a team over the next couple years in the true Super Bowl window, you want to keep the cheaper options as long as possible.

With that said, you could probably get at least one early 1st rounder, if not multiple, for Chase.
I don't think you can get even one 1st rounder for Higgins, as he's in a contract year.

There will be a plethora of talented pass catchers worthy of the 1st round of the 2024 draft led by Marvin Harrison Jr and Brock Bowers, so it could be a great draft to get a pass catcher who is an immediate contributor.
And getting a draft pick in 2024 who is on a 5-year rookie contract would cover the entirety of Higgins' veteran contract, thereby reducing the giant cap hit that would come with paying two high-priced veteran pass catchers at the same time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The only “vote” that really counts is that of the highest paid player in NFL history. Burrow would definitely want both but everyone else on the roster would go before his guy would.
I don’t know about Tee but Chase is going to be here for a while…
Reply/Quote
The Browns have showed that if you get a tall CB, you can take away a lot of Tee's game (jumping up over dudes to make a catch).

It's not a surprise abused a 5'8" CB with the Ravens but he got 0 catches on 8 targets against a 6"2" CB in Week 1. Yes Burrow was bad, but even last year he had just 49 yards against the Browns, with 41 of them coming on one catch in absolutely garbage time (less than 7 minutes left, down 32 to 6).

Also in the previous 5 years Tee has had 3 ankle injuries, 4 hamstring injuries, a shoulder injury that needed surgery, and a concussion. That plus the franchise tag amount will be why they probably won't get the 1st & 3rd that AJ Brown brought if you tag and trade Tee, but I still think you make the deal if you can get either a 1st or a 2nd and 3rd. Chase is the future for this team, just need a healthy Burrow and a good OC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote