Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep an eye on Sean Mannion
The Rams just signed Bort Bortles (thanks Nately), so Sean Mannion is likely to move on. Would make for a perfect backup considering the time he spent under Zac Taylor in LA. Wouldn't be surprised if we make a move there.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Don’t know much about the guy. What’s his story?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 09:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don’t know much about the guy. What’s his story?

6'6" 230lbs, 3rd round pick of the Rams in 2015. Set some Pac-12 records at Oregon State, including most passing yards in a season. Scored a 40 on the Wonderlic, so he's a bright guy. Had one start with the Rams. The numbers weren't good, but he was playing with backups.

Here's a good article with many quotes from draft experts:

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/2/12/10978448/los-angeles-rams-quarterback-sean-mannion-2016-nfl-draft
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
When you are replaced by Bortles that is scary...
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 10:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: When you are replaced by Bortles that is scary...

I know you're joking, but you could do a lot worse than Bortles as a backup.

He's a bad starter. He's a good backup.
Reply/Quote
In 4 seasons with the Rams, Sean Mannion scored 5 fantasy points. He's got fantastic physical stats, but 0 TDs, even as a backup, in 4 years? Can we get Dan LeFevour's agent on the phone, please? Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 10:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 6'6" 230lbs, 3rd round pick of the Rams in 2015. Set some Pac-12 records at Oregon State, including most passing yards in a season. Scored a 40 on the Wonderlic, so he's a bright guy. Had one start with the Rams. The numbers weren't good, but he was playing with backups.

Here's a good article with many quotes from draft experts:

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/2/12/10978448/los-angeles-rams-quarterback-sean-mannion-2016-nfl-draft

Arm isn’t the best either, especially when factored against his size. I’d rather see Stidham or Grier signed in the mid rounds.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I'm still holding out hope for AJ McCarron. Our new OC was his QB coach last year.

NTM, he came within a minute and some seconds of winning the 1st playoff game in 25 years (against the pud jerkers from Shittsburgh to boot)!!
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 05:48 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I'm still holding out hope for AJ McCarron. Our new OC was his QB coach last year.

NTM, he came within a minute and some seconds of winning the 1st playoff game in 25 years (against the pud jerkers from Shittsburgh to boot)!!

He's off the market.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He’d at least be good to sign for TC. It helps the players learn a new playbook if there are teammates that have experienced it.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 07:41 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He’d at least be good to sign for TC. It helps the players learn a new playbook if there are teammates that have experienced it.

That's why I was thinking we'd bring him in. It's funny, I don't think we've pursued any former rams coaches or players.

We didn't hire Taylor because he was a good interim OC in Miami. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 10:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: When you are replaced by Bortles that is scary...

their Starter is still really young and bortles has starting experience which is valuable...  Hes like their kitna to our palmer   
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 08:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's why I was thinking we'd bring him in. It's funny, I don't think we've pursued any former rams coaches or players.

how many rams players in our price range were on the market?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 08:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's why I was thinking we'd bring him in. It's funny, I don't think we've pursued any former rams coaches or players.

No, we hired him because everyone wants their own Sean McVay...that's the reason Kingsbury got the job in Arizona, because he's friends with McVay. Taylor just happened to be on McVay's staff so we hired him, because obviously he's the true offensive genius from that coaching staff.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 10:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: how many rams players in our price range were on the market?

Ethan Westbrooks 
Matt Longacre 
Ramik Wilson
Bryce Hager
Sean Mannion

(03-22-2019, 01:00 PM)Bryan Wrote: No, we hired him because everyone wants their own Sean McVay...that's the reason Kingsbury got the job in Arizona, because he's friends with McVay. Taylor just happened to be on McVay's staff so we hired him, because obviously he's the true offensive genius from that coaching staff.

Exactly. We hired the guy because he was around the Rams and Sean McVay.

So then he brings in strictly friends from the Dolphins and UC. Neither were successful teams. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 02:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So then he brings in strictly friends from the Dolphins and UC. Neither were successful teams. 

You forgot Texas A&M where his father in law works.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 09:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don’t know much about the guy. What’s his story?

Half man.  Half onion.
Reply/Quote
I don't really know much about him but it can't be that hard to find an upgrade to Driskel.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Half man.  Half onion.

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You forgot Texas A&M where his father in law works.

I couldn't remember which Texas team it was. That's the one.

(03-22-2019, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Half man.  Half onion.

Dude you've been on a roll lately. 
Reply/Quote