Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KeiVarae Russell
Just cut by the Chiefs, could provide some depth at DB.

http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/09/chiefs-cut-rookie-keivarae-russell
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 12:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Just cut by the Chiefs, could provide some depth at DB.

Surprising to see a third round pick cut so quickly. Probably worth kicking the tires at least, but I'm sure there's going to be a lot of interest from teams across the league.
Reply/Quote
Interested to see why he was cut...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I read that he was overtaken by a 6th round rookie and some other guy on the depth chart.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I believe claiming him nabs him for four years at 2.5M total, which is a total bargain if you get anything out of him. On the other, he technically broke both legs in college and had an academic issue. Someone help me out here, I'd assume you'd have to pass a physical for a waiver to go into effect. Anyway, Cincy should look at him unless something big comes out on him.
Reply/Quote
Would ya look at that
Reply/Quote
Well, well, well.  A fellow Domer coming to Cincy. 

Nice. Rock On
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Hmm look at that
Reply/Quote
I'm for it
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 12:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Just cut by the Chiefs, could provide some depth at DB.

Nicely done, got him. Heres lookin at you YXD. Cool
Reply/Quote
I'm a little perturbed as to why he didn't get claimed by the other teams ahead of us
Reply/Quote
This is the definition of low risk/high reward. They essentially gained an extra third round pick from last year's draft. You get a young guy on the cheap. If he develops and contributes then it's cost you almost nothing to do so. If not, then he gets cut and you're in no worse shape than when you started. Seems like a smart front office move to me but I am intrigued to learn why exactly KC gave up so early on the kid.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 08:27 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I'm a little perturbed as to why he didn't get claimed by the other teams ahead of us

maybe the same reason many of them wiff on their draft picks?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 05:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nicely done, got him. Heres lookin at you YXD. Cool

Isn't that ironic?  After only about 1764 threads about "so and so available, he could help the team", one of them hits the nail on the head. Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote