Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keivarae Russell
Why isn't this kid on the active roster over tony mcrae??he's faster,he's more physical and had a decent preseason from what I saw..I understand that the coaches said mcrae practiced better and had better knowledge of the playbook, but Russell balled to me in the preseason when the lights came on..
Reply/Quote
Russell did play very well in preseason. I'm unsure as to how and why he is on the PS rather than on the roster.
Maybe due to ST? McRae almost had a FG block and hasn't looked too bad out there currently, though.

I liked Russell out of college. Hope he gets his chance
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 09:29 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Russell did play very well in preseason. I'm unsure as to how and why he is on the PS rather than on the roster.
Maybe due to ST? McRae almost had a FG block and hasn't looked too bad out there currently, though.

I liked Russell out of college. Hope he gets his chance

He has more physical tools at this point then tony mcrae plus we're really thin at corner at this time...
Reply/Quote
McRae has a lot more experience than Russell, and even though I really liked the kid I guess he looked sooo bad in practices that they couldn't keep him over the harder working and tougher McRae.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If he was so good someone would come to swoop him off the practice squad, but there he remains in a league that desperately needs CBs. Can he be serviceable? I'm sure, but I'll go with the guys everyday in practice. I mean the guy was cut his rookie year after being a relatively high draft pick, I think he is still growing up a bit.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 09:15 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Why isn't this kid on the active roster over tony mcrae??he's faster,he's more physical and had a decent preseason from what I saw..I understand that the coaches said mcrae practiced better and had better knowledge of the playbook, but Russell balled to me in the preseason when the lights came on..

believe it was McRae not Russell making some big plays in the preseason and outside of getting picked the last play last game

McRae has been playing well out there,.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 10:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: If he was so good someone would come to swoop him off the practice squad, but there he remains in a league that desperately needs CBs. Can he be serviceable? I'm sure, but I'll go with the guys everyday in practice. I mean the guy was cut his rookie year after being a relatively high draft pick, I think he is still growing up a bit.

Cowboys snagged CJ Goodwin off the Bengals practice squad already lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It's a plot to keep certain Bengals fans in perpetual pissed offedness.. And by the way if I ever form a band I'm calling it Perpetual Pissed Offedness..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Russell actually graded very well in the preseason, he showed an impressive ability to jam receivers and run step for step on several occasions,he also displayed fluid hips and very good ball skills it's a head stracther as to why he hasn't been called upon..
Reply/Quote
Russell was very good in coverage but he kept missing easy tackles in the flat. He has to be a better tackles if he wants to be anything in this league.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 01:51 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Russell was very good in coverage but he kept missing easy tackles in the flat. He  has to be a better tackles if he wants to be anything in this league.

Deion Sanders was never a good tackler in the same league and I think he was pretty good...
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 05:31 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Deion Sanders was never a good tackler in the same league and I think he was pretty good...

Deion was a good tackler though! That's an NFL myth that he wasn't.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote