Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kellerman says Steelers should 'thank the refs'
JUST ONCE, I'd like the outcome of the game to be TOTALLY based on plays, and NOT "ticky-tack" calls by the refs.
WIN OR LOSE. It would sure make losses easier to swallow.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 10:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

This is why I no longer watch the NFL or spend money on it.  I simply no longer believe that the athletes on the field are the determining factor in the majority of games.  I had seen in almost every game I used to watch, bad call after bad call favoring certain teams.  If I wanted to view sports entertainment where the outcome is pre-determined, I would still watch the WWE.  IMO, the NFL now is basically the equivalent of the WWE.  Every bad call the Steelers get against the Bengals is somehow explained away with BS. 
That play was a pick play, plain and simple and it is 100% illegal 100% of the time.  I have seen picks called that were far less egregious.  The defender, was blocked plain and simple.  He was trying to follow Brown to the inside, not initiate contact with Hunter. FFS why would the defender initiate the contact that takes himself out of the play?  Who believes the Bengals get that no call for the win in Pittsburg?  
This excuse from the NFL is almost as bad as Shazier's head shot against Gio being explained away with the phantom "he didn't line him up" excuse.  Which everyone knows appears no where in the rule book at all.  Or the "We saw Joey Porter on the field and knew it was a penalty, but we made the decision to not throw a flag because we felt he was out there out of concern for Antonio Brown."  It has gotten beyond the point of being ridiculous.  
Reply/Quote
"Initiated by the defender" is the new "didn't line him up". He doesn't advance on the receiver at all. What's he supposed to do, stand there and let himself get knocked over backwards?
Reply/Quote
Perhaps we shouldn't have scored so fast. Running out of bounds was dumb. Once we got within the five we should have wasted a few downs and eaten up clock. But, for some reason Marvin doesn't trust the best part of his team. He is always deferring kickoffs, hence creating a turnover before the game even begins because we do nothing at the start of the second half and most of the 3rd quarter in general.

4th and 1 today = punt.

Dude still thinks we are a defensive team.

They didn't stop them with a minute left.

But yeah, if you want to continue to pick out the pick play as the deciding factor by all means.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like how Fouts called it "A little bit of a pick". WTS, that play did not cost us the game. WRs not holding on to balls cost us the game

My hate for Fouts has reached a new high.  Jesus, get over it!  You lost the freezer bowl and never got to a Super Bowl!  You played on the same field the Bengals did.

Dalton overcame all the drops and still had them in position to win.  The defensive holding against Dre, when it would have been 4th and 10, cost us the game. 

Not only was Johnson held RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE as he was chasing Piggy, but the holding call against Dre is bullshit as well.

Antonio Brown has done this before and I am sure he has figured out that since he simply can't get open against Dre and WJIII, he does this gimmick:  He runs AT the defender, holds him in tight, and then tries to make a play at the last second.  When he can't reach the ball, he leaps and flails his arms, making it look like he is being impeded from moving to the ball.  I simply can't believe the officials fell for it (again) and gave them first down.

That game was over.  No way Piggy converts on 4th and 10.  That ball would get knocked down at the line of scrimmage a la MJ or Dunlap.

That call gave them new life and that was all they needed.  Complete bullshit.  But, nothing new...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:23 AM)Shepdawg Wrote:    This is why I no longer watch the NFL or spend money on it.  I simply no longer believe that the athletes on the field are the determining factor in the majority of games.  I had seen in almost every game I used to watch, bad call after bad call favoring certain teams.  If I wanted to view sports entertainment where the outcome is pre-determined, I would still watch the WWE.  IMO, the NFL now is basically the equivalent of the WWE.  Every bad call the Steelers get against the Bengals is somehow explained away with BS.                                                                                                                                                                 
   That play was a pick play, plain and simple and it is 100% illegal 100% of the time.  I have seen picks called that were far less egregious.  The defender, was blocked plain and simple.  He was trying to follow Brown to the inside, not initiate contact with Hunter. FFS why would the defender initiate the contact that takes himself out of the play?  Who believes the Bengals get that no call for the win in Pittsburg?                                                                                                
    This excuse from the NFL is almost as bad as Shazier's head shot against Gio being explained away with the phantom "he didn't line him up" excuse.  Which everyone knows appears no where in the rule book at all.  Or the "We saw Joey Porter on the field and knew it was a penalty, but we made the decision to not throw a flag because we felt he was out there out of concern for Antonio Brown."  It has gotten beyond the point of being ridiculous.  

Wonder what bullshit excuse he would offer for the holding call on Dre when the offensive player (Brown) ran to Dre, held him, then flailed as if he was being held.  That would have been 4th and 10, but instead it was first down.  Oh, and for good measure, MJ was held (his arm) as he tried to chase down the pig.

The only thing we can hope for is a fair game down the stretch, because the NFL needs their legion of fat, uneducated losers glued to their TV following the steelers.  That is their biggest fan base.  They can't lose them (they would be done for the year) this early in the season. 

No one cares when the Bengals get screwed, because it is a small fan base and market.  The NFL is beyond stupid in this mindset as roughly half of their fan bases are giving up because they know their team doesn't have a chance at a fair game.  I wanted to vomit watching what the officiating did to the Browns against the Raiders.  The league just loves big markets.  But they are too stupid to realize that the other markets are dying and won't be interested in WWE crap.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:33 PM)motoarch Wrote: The bengals got beat in every facet of this game.  Blown call or not they didn’t deserve to win.

They always lose to the stoolers,they simply cannot beat them.ITs in their head and this so called team has way too many injuries each and every year.Marvin needs to go like about 10 years ago.IF you cannot get your team ready to beat the stoolers,you need to be fired,all you die hard fans need to tweet,e-mail,write letters call them and social media all the players all week,do not let up.Let them know we are so pissed off and will not accept a loss to the stoolers.You just know they are going to get killed the last game of this season and the stoolers will win the division again and go to the superbowl.Its going to happen and aj green is a good receiver but not elite.He drops way too many balls and release cody core.He stinks.I so hate losing to these idiots.just ruined my whole year.Someone please fire this idiot head coach and take Austin with you.He will go back to pissburg where he belongs.Please fire marvin,cannot beat the stoolers every year.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 07:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: My hate for Fouts has reached a new high.  Jesus, get over it!  You lost the freezer bowl and never got to a Super Bowl!  You played on the same field the Bengals did.

Dalton overcame all the drops and still had them in position to win.  The defensive holding against Dre, when it would have been 4th and 10, cost us the game. 

Not only was Johnson held RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE as he was chasing Piggy, but the holding call against Dre is bullshit as well.

Antonio Brown has done this before and I am sure he has figured out that since he simply can't get open against Dre and WJIII, he does this gimmick:  He runs AT the defender, holds him in tight, and then tries to make a play at the last second.  When he can't reach the ball, he leaps and flails his arms, making it look like he is being impeded from moving to the ball.  I simply can't believe the officials fell for it (again) and gave them first down.

That game was over.  No way Piggy converts on 4th and 10.  That ball would get knocked down at the line of scrimmage a la MJ or Dunlap.

That call gave them new life and that was all they needed.  Complete bullshit.  But, nothing new...

That was a huge call & I haven't saw a replay to confirm it. They didn't show it again in the stadium. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like how Fouts called it "A little bit of a pick". WTS, that play did not cost us the game. WRs not holding on to balls cost us the game

That was my thought, too. How many drives stalled because of AJ and Cody Core dropping passes thrown right to them? I can think of 3. That's possibly at least 9 points, and the difference in the game.

Injuries didn't help either. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Maybe we should come out and make a statement against the Steelers, and not let a call here or there decide the game? Just a thought.

Not saying we didn’t catch some bad breaks, but I’m tired of the excuses. Just go out and dominate them and stop letting them come in and make PBS Heinz Field West.

This right here.....they were getting open early in the game, and Dalton was on target.  Without the drops, maybe they run out to a big lead like they did against Baltimore.  The call was unfortunate at the worst possible time, but you need to not be in the position to enable that call to beat you.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:31 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Perhaps we shouldn't have scored so fast. Running out of bounds was dumb. Once we got within the five we should have wasted a few downs and eaten up clock. But, for some reason Marvin doesn't trust the best part of his team. He is always deferring kickoffs, hence creating a turnover before the game even begins because we do nothing at the start of the second half and most of the 3rd quarter in general.

4th and 1 today = punt.

Dude still thinks we are a defensive team.

They didn't stop them with a minute left.

But yeah, if you want to continue to pick out the pick play as the deciding factor by all means.

LMAO.  You don't freakin' "waste" downs. That had nothing to do with the outcome. You score when you can score. You can still eat clock by not wasting downs but by taking the play clock down to 5 and NOT running out of bounds. You MAKE those idiots use at least 1-2 TO's or if they don't they get the ball back well under 45-50 seconds to play..
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:58 AM)higgy100 Wrote: LMAO.  You don't freakin' "waste" downs. That had nothing to do with the outcome. You score when you can score. You can still eat clock by not wasting downs but by taking the play clock down to 5 and NOT running out of bounds. You MAKE those idiots use at least 1-2 TO's or if they don't they get the ball back well under 45-50 seconds to play..

yep

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:45 PM)Interceptor Wrote: When was the last time we had a dominating team on both sides of the ball? It's either a dominating defense with a bumbling  1-2-3-an out
offense, or a high-powered offense with a penalty-ridden, soft matador turnstyle defense. 

Do you remember when we went like 7 or 8 three and outs in a row? It was something ridiculous that game. It was only in the last couple of years. I don't know how anyone could pay to watch that, lol.

I'm still waiting on the Burfict who led the league in tackles. He seems to be playing it safe from penalties.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:33 PM)motoarch Wrote: The bengals got beat in every facet of this game.  Blown call or not they didn’t deserve to win.

Except we were winning with 1 minute to go. Do you remember that? How do you not deserve to win if you are winning? That means the Bengals made plays when they had too. I dont follow your logic.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 02:38 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Except we were winning with 1 minute to go. Do you remember that? How do you not deserve to win if you are winning? That means the Bengals made plays when they had too. I dont follow your logic.

Apparently they didn’t make the plays they need to because they lost.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 03:21 PM)motoarch Wrote: Apparently they didn’t make the plays they need to because they lost.

True, but we put ourselves in position to win and all the sudden outside forces come in to play again. Look, it is all over the sports media. They wouldnt talk about whether or not it was a penalty on every sports outlet if it wasn't. It was a hose job and everyone knows it. The Steelers fans are trying to compare Connor's non TD run to the pick play to say there were bad calls on both sides. Nope, not even close to the same. That TD run was close but not overwhelmingly so. Plus the Steelers could have challenged it if they wanted. That "missed" pick play was so obvious. Hunter did not even try to hide it or even throw his hands up after the play. He knew it wasnt called. I could have accepted this if they wouldnt have called that ticky-tack Bullshit holding call on Dre K. earlier in the series. They went from having Superman like abilities to see penalties to missing a blatant pick in the span of 20 seconds. That is hard to swallow for any team but the fact that it happens annually to the same team is beyond frustrating. 
Reply/Quote