Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kellerman says Steelers should 'thank the refs'
If you can't figure out why Steeler games are hyper important then you are not an actual Bengals fan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Go back and look at the games. We haven't either passed or run blocked properly since the Carolina disaster. The DL has only appeared in one quarter since the Rats game. And we have a mind blowing dropped pass number this season (I think we are AVERAGING five a game). We got lucky against the Falcons and Dolphins but here - in what was FAR AND AWAY the most important game of the season - the Bungles crap the bed as usual. 

So it's luck when we win but we can't say we're unlucky when we lose. Just stop with your negative Nancy bullshit. We're 4-2 we lost 2 a good team. Are there concerns sure but there more positives than negatives at this point.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Go back and look at the games. We haven't either passed or run blocked properly since the Carolina disaster. The DL has only appeared in one quarter since the Rats game. And we have a mind blowing dropped pass number this season (I think we are AVERAGING five a game). We got lucky against the Falcons and Dolphins but here - in what was FAR AND AWAY the most important game of the season - the Bungles crap the bed as usual. 

Agree OL is horrid but believe the DL won the Miami game. 

There will be far and away more important games to come this year. 

Chill and enjoy the ride. Has been fun and exciting so far. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

It's only the most important because it's this week.

Also, who says Pitt wasn't luck to get this win? What does luck have to do with anything? Either you make the plays or you don't. 

4-2 says some plays have been made.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: If you can't figure out why Steeler games are hyper important then you are not an actual Bengals fan.

Yeah, a TRUE fan needs to call our players “scum” and “human garbage.”

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, a TRUE fan needs to call our players “scum” and “human garbage.”

Support is earned. If they cannot play big in the big moment then they are undeserving of support. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:38 PM)motoarch Wrote: Steelers were already in field goal range at that point so it’s not relevant

How is it not relevant? If it’s called OPI the ball gets moved back outside of field goal range.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:27 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: How is it not relevant?  If it’s called OPI the ball gets moved back outside of field goal range.

At least then they would have had to make another play. With the way our "defense" played they probably get it but yes it was one of the more blatant illegal pick plays out there. 
Reply/Quote
Kinda glad I didn’t see the game so I don’t have to play this crap in my head. Because I would be, and it’s an exercise in futility.

As an OSU fan I’m on the other side of this. And I think shut up you lost. Be a better team. Because I’m the end nobody give a damn about how you feel you’re team has been cheated. I’ll bet yesterday there were a lot of posts on Minnesota’s message board about how they got hosed. I can think of a couple of plays where it seemed they did, and I don’t care.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Kinda glad I didn’t see the game so I don’t have to play this crap in my head. Because I would be, and it’s an exercise in futility.

As an OSU fan I’m on the other side of this. And I think shut up you lost. Be a better team. Because I’m the end nobody give a damn about how you feel you’re team has been cheated. I’ll bet yesterday there were a lot of posts on Minnesota’s message board about how they got hosed. I can think of a couple of plays where it seemed they did, and I don’t care.

Not like this....it was blatant and right in front of the ref and directly changed the outcome of the game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 08:26 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: That isn't even true.  Between all of the near-interceptions and the fumble that Smith-Schitbag happened to fall on, the defense should have had at least one turnover.  Dalton only had one ball that was a-near pick compared to Piggy's several.  The Steelers were extraordinarily lucky today.  

This.

100%
Reply/Quote
Lap said that the key on this call is whether the receiver initiated contact more than a yard beyond the line of scrimmage. It looked like the DB lined up just barely beyond a yard downfield so it should have been a penalty by a matter of inches. It just feels like one of those calls where the margin of error never goes the Bengals' way.

Kind of like that holding call on Cordy Glenn. Yeah, you can call that holding but if Steelers O linemen got called every time they held on for that long as the D linemen tried to spin out, they'd have a 100 yards on them.
Reply/Quote
The pick play wasn't close - it was 100% illegal and 100% should have been called.
Reply/Quote
Imagine if the Dline could have gotten even a single sack during that game, we may not have had to rely on a ref to win the game for us.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
As he calls Goodell back and says he followed his orders.
Reply/Quote
Contact is initiated by the defender?????
HE'S STANDING STILL!

Holy shit, I've had about enough.
Reply/Quote
Defender did not initiate contact. He thought Brown was going to his right (Brown's left) and took a step that way. He then cut back when he saw Brown going the other way and Hunter was there blocking him. That said, it's one of those penalties that rarely is called and teams know it and will use it to their advantage. It was just a good call by the Steelers. Why the hell Austin had Jackson play off Brown is beyond me.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:09 PM)bengaltruth Wrote: Really, I think the refs was biased as usual. Defensive holding call on Geno was at best outright cheating for pitt. Dre K holding call gave them a first down when it should have been 4th and ten. Ab td outright illegal and the very definition of a pick play. Do you know why our d line got shut out today? you guessed it they were allowed to hold all game long even when we blitzed our guys was grabbed up.
This right here. Just a few calls here and there to tilt the game. Plus as usual allowing poopsburg's o-line to hold all day. 

Yes, I wish they'd come out and stomp the crap out of them all game, but I'd also love to see a good ref'd game for a change. Billings was getting mugged in the first half with no calls. The call on Glenn was crap and the offensive pick won them the game. Whether if they'd have scored later or not doesn't matter. We could have just as easily had a Dunlap tipped interception. JUST CALL A FAIR GAME!!! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR???

Drunken rant over.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Meh, Ben would have just thrown a 20 yarder for them to kick the game winner with 2 seconds left anyways.

What I thoi
Reply/Quote