Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kelly, another Trump Tool!
Chief of Staff for the Trump Admin is falling in line and out right lying for his master. Acting outraged and making up stories to cover his boss's moronic behavior. Kelly has integrity. Kelly HAD integrity. Another fraud.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/general-kelly-misinformed-lying-or-a-racist_us_59eb40e2e4b092f9f2419253

Our special needs potus strikes again. 4 solders dead in Niger. Are the Repubs outraged at Tillerson for letting this happen? They were at Benghazi. Are they going to have 20 hearings and spend hundred of millions of dollars to find out what happened? What a bunch of loads.
Another victim of the Trump Swamp.

I loved the White House saying we cannot question Kelly's lie because it's inappropriate to debate a general.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-24-2017, 05:47 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Chief of Staff for the Trump Admin is falling in line and out right lying for his master. Acting outraged and making up stories to cover his boss's moronic behavior. Kelly has integrity. Kelly HAD integrity. Another fraud.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/general-kelly-misinformed-lying-or-a-racist_us_59eb40e2e4b092f9f2419253

Our special needs potus strikes again. 4 solders dead in Niger. Are the Repubs outraged at Tillerson for letting this happen? They were at Benghazi. Are they going to have 20 hearings and spend hundred of millions of dollars to find out what happened? What a bunch of loads.

HuffPo link, lol.

Not counting myself among the Benghazi outrage coalition I still feel compelled to point out that a direct comparison between these two incidents could only be made by the highly partisan, the highly unintelligent or both.
(10-24-2017, 09:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Another victim of the Trump Swamp.

I loved the White House saying we cannot question Kelly's lie because it's inappropriate to debate a general.

And then he lied/was mistaken about the speech and when shown to be wrong they doubled down on it.

But the Trump supporters still don't see it.  I wonder if they ever will?  Or if we will keep being told Democrats don't care about us! 

At the aforementioned meeting with my old roommate I asked him if he would STILL vote for Trump.  He said "unless the Democrats can give me someone I like".  His definition of "like" has nothing to do with competence or honesty or understanding of how things work...so I'm not sure what he wants.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-24-2017, 11:17 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: HuffPo link, lol.

Not counting myself among the Benghazi outrage coalition I still feel compelled to point out that a direct comparison between these two incidents could only be made by the highly partisan, the highly unintelligent or both.

This was my response when someone tried to draw a correlation between Niger and Benghazi in another thread. Benghazi was just a little bit different than 4 combatants getting killed on a combat patrol.

The loss of life is no less tragic; however, the situations have zero in common.

EDIT: Damn it. I made the mistake of clicking the link. They actually pulled the race card. 2funny.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-24-2017, 11:17 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: HuffPo link, lol.

How much different are they really? On one hand, you have an apparent ISIS linked Islamic terrorist group which conducted a raid on an American target providing cover for a covert CIA gun smuggling operation to rebels. On the other, you have an apparent ISIS linked terrorist group which conducted an ambush on an American target involving Special Forces soldiers doing what Special Forces do (which sometimes involves covert CIA missions.)
(10-24-2017, 03:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How much different are they really?  On one hand, you have an apparent ISIS linked Islamic terrorist group which conducted a raid on an American target providing cover for a covert CIA gun smuggling operation to rebels. On the other, you have an apparent ISIS linked terrorist group which conducted an ambush on an American target involving Special Forces soldiers doing what Special Forces do (which sometimes involves covert CIA missions.)

Did they both have attacks on US Diplomatic Compounds (aka US soil), where a US Ambassador was killed, and was then subsequently called a "demonstration spontaneously inspired by protests in Cairo" by the US Government rather than acknowledging a planned terrorist attack with RPGs and mortars?

If so, then yeah, basically the same.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(10-24-2017, 06:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did they both have attacks on US Diplomatic Compounds (aka US soil), where a US Ambassador was killed, and was then subsequently called a "demonstration spontaneously inspired by protests in Cairo" by the US Government rather than acknowledging a planned terrorist attack with RPGs and mortars?

If so, then yeah, basically the same.   Ninja

Do you really think they going to say the CIA was smuggling weapons to rebels through a temporary consulate without a Consul General?
(10-24-2017, 08:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you really think they going to say the CIA was smuggling weapons to rebels through a temporary consulate without a Consul General?

I never argued that one way or the other. The fact remains, diplomatic land is US soil. Combine that with a dead ambassador and the immediate reaction of trying to call a duck a pig, and it becomes nothing similar at all, and any comparisons to attempt it fall flat on it's face.

If those soldiers were killed on US soil, and a US ambassador was included in the death toll, and the attack was blamed on spontaneous protests, then get back to me on comparing the two.

(10-24-2017, 09:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I never argued that one way or the other. The fact remains, diplomatic land is US soil. Combine that with a dead ambassador and the immediate reaction of trying to call a duck a pig, and it becomes nothing similar at all, and any comparisons to attempt it fall flat on it's face.

If those soldiers were killed on US soil, and a US ambassador was included in the death toll, and the attack was blamed on spontaneous protests, then get back to me on comparing the two.

To be clear then:  Every details must be exactly the same to compare and contrast?

Interesting.
(10-24-2017, 09:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: To be clear then:  Every details must be exactly the same to compare and contrast?

Interesting.

I am not even asking for everything to be the same, the problem is it's not even slightly similar. (You know this, but we couldn't have you appearing rational now can we?) They both had US citizens dying. That's about the extent of it.

Comparing this and Benghazi is like comparing the WW2 landing in Normandy and 9/11. The former of each had US citizens dying in combat on foreign soil in a combat zone. The latter of each had US citizens dying on US soil by attackers.

Trying to interject Benghazi into this is a big..
[Image: tiny-stretch-armstrong.jpg]

(10-24-2017, 09:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: To be clear then:  Every details must be exactly the same to compare and contrast?

Interesting.

(10-24-2017, 09:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am not even asking for everything to be the same, the problem is it's not even slightly similar. (You know this, but we couldn't have you appearing rational now can we?) They both had US citizens dying. That's about the extent of it.

Comparing this and Benghazi is like comparing the WW2 landing in Normandy and 9/11. The former of each had US citizens dying in combat on foreign soil in a combat zone. The latter of each had US citizens dying on US soil by attackers.

Trying to interject Benghazi into this is a big..
[Image: tiny-stretch-armstrong.jpg]

Mellow

(10-24-2017, 09:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If those soldiers were killed on US soil, and a US ambassador was included in the death toll, and the attack was blamed on spontaneous protests, then get back to me on comparing the two.

(10-24-2017, 09:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: (You know this, but we couldn't have you appearing rational now can we?)

Got it.
(10-24-2017, 10:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Got it.

Yes, and you can't even give me ONE of the three things I listed to make it similar. Instead you just fall back on your " Mellow " that you use every time when you have absolutely nothing of consequence to add to the conversation, zero original thoughts to speak/type, but aren't capable of simply admitting that because then you couldn't fit in with all the other people's popular opinions.

I got a video for you, you might not want to watch it because it might cut a little too close:

...Now you can go back to making a ton of threads where you just C&Ping articles from your favorite sites with little to no original input of your own added to them. :andy:

(10-24-2017, 10:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, and you can't even give me ONE of the three things I listed to make it similar. Instead you just fall back on your " Mellow " that you use every time when you have absolutely nothing of consequence to add to the conversation, zero original thoughts to speak/type, but aren't capable of simply admitting that because then you couldn't fit in with all the other people's popular opinions.

I got a video for you, you might not want to watch it because it might cut a little too close:

...Now you can go back to making a ton of threads where you just C&Ping articles from your favorite sites with little to no original input of your own added to them. :andy:

So I quote exactly what you said, you say that's not what you said and I quote it again and your response is "yeah, but..."

I guess having an opinion means different things to different people.

But pat answers seem to be the growing norm around here.  So carry on....
(10-24-2017, 10:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, and you can't even give me ONE of the three things I listed to make it similar. Instead you just fall back on your " Mellow " that you use every time when you have absolutely nothing of consequence to add to the conversation, zero original thoughts to speak/type, but aren't capable of simply admitting that because then you couldn't fit in with all the other people's popular opinions.

(10-24-2017, 10:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: So I quote exactly what you said, you say that's not what you said and I quote it again and your response is "yeah, but..."

I guess having an opinion means different things to different people.

But pat answers seem to be the growing norm around here.  So carry on....

Perfect example of GMDabo in action.  Explain to the class GM, how these attacks are remotely similar beyond the fact that islamic militants killed US personnel.  Your failure to ever acknowledge the most basic counter point is what puts you in GA9 status.  You're disingenuous in the extreme and every gif on the internet isn't going to cover up your bullshit.
I would have to say there seems to be a correlation in the lack of transparency regarding the situation in both scenarios. Not putting that on trump, because I doubt anyone tells him a gd thing that is going on because he's a basic *****, but you're high af if you think there wouldn't be a tiki torch march on the WH if this happened on a Dem pres.

And btw, a few of these comments seem to raise the importance of the lives of 'diplomats' above that of a soldier. Can't say I agree with that given the both ostensibly put there lives on the line in the name of our country.

I do however, see the difference in an attack on an established embassy vs a patrol mission. But I refuse to believe there wouldn't be some extreme grandstanding on the part of of the GOP were the niger attack happen on a dems post.
(10-25-2017, 01:48 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I would have to say there seems to be a correlation in the lack of transparency regarding the situation in both scenarios.   Not putting that on trump, because I doubt anyone tells him a gd thing that is going on because he's a basic *****, but you're high af if you think there wouldn't be a tiki torch march on the WH if this happened on a Dem pres.  

And btw, a few of these comments seem to raise the importance of the lives of 'diplomats' above that of a soldier.  Can't say I agree with that given the both ostensibly put there lives on the line in the name of our country.  

I do however, see the difference in an attack on an established embassy vs a patrol mission.  But I refuse to believe there wouldn't be some extreme grandstanding on the part of of the GOP were the niger attack happen on a dems post.

Any guess how many American combatants were killed on combat missions during Obama's Presidency and how many of those led to tiki touch marches on the WH? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-25-2017, 01:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Any guess how many American combatants were killed on combat missions during Obama's Presidency and how many of those led to tiki touch marches on the WH? 

No guess needed. 0.

Any guess on how many tiki torch wielding terrorists were condoned by obama?

Point stands. Whether your selective outrage accepts it or not.
(10-24-2017, 09:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I never argued that one way or the other. The fact remains, diplomatic land is US soil. Combine that with a dead ambassador and the immediate reaction of trying to call a duck a pig, and it becomes nothing similar at all, and any comparisons to attempt it fall flat on it's face.

They were both terrorists attacks.

The Benghazi consulate was a temporary consulate without a Consul General (because it was fake) which didn't exist before 2011 and was only established after the CIA operation was running and the CIA personnel out numbered the consulate staff 4:1 and ceased to exist in 2012. Are you seriously going to make a case two terrorist attacks are vastly different because for less than 18 months out of the totality of human history a small patch of sand in Lybia was US soil while covering up a CIA operation?

Are you going to argue the life of an American ambassador is more valuable than the life of a US service member? Thus we can't compare one terror attack that left four Americans dead to another terror attack which also left four Americans dead?

Really the only significant difference is the cover story to try to maintain the secrecy of the CIA operation and the sham of a consulate used to provide cover for the CIA operation. So I ask again, what did you expect them to say when they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar?
(10-25-2017, 01:25 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Perfect example of GMDabo in action.  Explain to the class GM, how these attacks are remotely similar beyond the fact that islamic militants killed US personnel.  Your failure to ever acknowledge the most basic counter point is what puts you in GA9 status.  You're disingenuous in the extreme and every gif on the internet isn't going to cover up your bullshit.

In Lybia you had former Tier 1 turned CIA operators running black ops to support an insurgency. Thus the two new stars at CIA HQ.

In Niger you have Tier 2 operators doing less secret squirrel shit than what was done in Lybia (that we know of for now.)